PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 7 "Classical Week"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

PRlady
05-01-2012, 02:26 AM
I thought that dance was spellbinding, the best of the season I've seen. I know Derek is not so popular but I really like Maria.

(ETA, sorry, I'm a bit delayed.)

danceronice
05-01-2012, 02:27 AM
So far:

Can we just give Katherine the trophy and be done with it?

Donald should have outscored William on the VW. Nice use of fog to hide that William never took a freakin' heel in the ENTIRE THING.

Uh...was that the theme to Downton Abbey Jaleel just danced to?

smileyskate
05-01-2012, 02:31 AM
When they showed the little clip of last week's dance off, I thought how brave Gladys was to try to do a dance off against Rashon, who could be her grandson.
This is one very big reason why adult skate competitions have various age divisions! You can see it much more clearly in the side by side comparison like that - even with someone as youthful as Gladys. She was very, very classy on that show.

I don't really care for the dance off at this point anyway. It's about who viewers want to see continue on dancing + judges scores. Sometimes, I wish they'd keep everyone on longer and just do periodic vote tallying to remove a group.

danceronice
05-01-2012, 02:34 AM
When they showed the little clip of last week's dance off, I thought how brave Gladys was to try to do a dance off against Rashon, who could be her grandson.
This is one very big reason why adult skate competitions have various age divisions! You can see it much more clearly in the side by side comparison like that - even with someone as youthful as Gladys. She was very, very classy on that show.

Real pro-am ballroom (the only kind that's comparable to this) are split by age, too. You're permitted to "dance down" if you want, but not up.

Oh, NO. NOT THE DARK WALTZ. PLEASE MAKE THE OVERPLAYED WALTZ STOP.

(However, Congrats, DWTS, you've got a guest performing a real ballroom song.)

soxxy
05-01-2012, 02:47 AM
I enjoyed Team Tango's whole routine, with Jaleel being the weak link. I don't agree with Len.

Scores:

10 8 9

soxxy
05-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Carmina Burana....Team Paso did well, but I preferred Team Tango. Will there be an advantage to going second?

Scores:

9 8 9

Veronika
05-01-2012, 03:55 AM
I thought both Team Tango and Team Paso seemed messy, but I did prefer Team Tango.

My fave team dance...ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dED4fWhVGZI

cruisin
05-01-2012, 04:29 AM
So far:

Can we just give Katherine the trophy and be done with it?

Donald should have outscored William on the VW. Nice use of fog to hide that William never took a freakin' heel in the ENTIRE THING.

Yeah, the fog was really unfair. It was an obvious cover for poor feet. No one else had fog. They shouldn't allow it!

screech
05-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Loved Maria's, though the vampire theme to R&J was a bit weird, and I agree that she sat a bit too long, but I don't mind the 30.

And speaking of weird theme, why was Mark a gladiator or whatever to Canon in D? My mom and I both thought a bride and groom wedding theme, which is what one thinks of for that song, would have been perfect - isn't the rumba supposed to be kind of like the lead up to sex? Well, they could have done the lead up to the wedding night...

Don't get the scores for William. He was very stiff and his steps were weird lengths, which made it look like he was waddling through it. Also, side note, Jackie Evancho freaks me out (and not in a good way). Has since the first time I saw her on AGT.

Both team dances were sloppy. I did love Roshon's vindication - he was the last one picked to be on a team, but he basically got his team the scores. I was confused about Len loving his tango solo, though, since he and Chelsie broke hold in the middle of it, and Len is always very 'don't break hold in the tango!!'

skateboy
05-01-2012, 05:59 AM
The horrible tenor was totally off-beat during the entire Team Paso round.

skatemommy
05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
How is Bad Romance classical just because it's the orchestra version?

My teenager was passing by the TV and asked the same thing? Very weird and out of place. Not like there isn't a huge catalog of classical to choose from...

Twizzler
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Also, side note, Jackie Evancho freaks me out (and not in a good way). Has since the first time I saw her on AGT.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way :slinkaway:
I can listen to her sing, but I can't watch her- it's just so bizarre to hear that voice coming from such a little girl. Immensely talent, though.

pixie cut
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
How is Bad Romance classical just because it's the orchestra version?

I kept thinking it was by that unsung classical composer Lady of the Gagas.

ArtisticFan
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I kept thinking it was by that unsung classical composer Lady of the Gagas.

My husband was wandering through and kept saying...I know that song. I know that song.

danceronice
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
The horrible tenor was totally off-beat during the entire Team Paso round.

I wasn't sure if he got lost, or he was having trouble following the orchestra/other singers.

Also, as always: "O Fortuna", not as dark, dramatic, or ominous as people think it is (it's basically about gambling and luck.)