PDA

View Full Version : Best Pairs Skaters of the 2011/12 Season (Senior or Junior)?

Pages : [1] 2

Maofan7
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Best Pairs Skaters of the 2011/12 Season (Senior or Junior)?

love_skate2011
04-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I voted for Volosozhar/Trankov
but no why Davankova/Deputat ? :confused:

euterpe
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Caydee's last name is spelled DENNEY.

DaiKozOda
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Savchenko & Szolkowy

Maofan7
04-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Caydee's last name is spelled DENNEY.

I know, it's a typo. Apologies. You probably did the same thing when you typed "spelled" instead of "spelt" :)

FSWer
04-28-2012, 02:30 AM
I voted for Caydee. But I really think the honor gos to Amanda and Mark. LOL.

blue_idealist
04-28-2012, 04:04 AM
S&S. It's not even close between them and V&T because of V&T's short program at Worlds. I know S&S had one really bad short program on the GP, but GPs aren't as important as Worlds (IMO).

Judge Dred
04-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Savchenko & Szolkowy are in slow decline

Conga
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I know, it's a typo. Apologies. You probably did the same thing when you typed "spelled" instead of "spelt" :)

:confused:

briancoogaert
04-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Volosozhar&Trankov the best in term of skating skills, but Savchenko&Szolkowy the best in term of choreo and overall.

Cherub721
04-29-2012, 05:46 PM

I disagree. They pretty much admitted they were willing to sacrifice this season because their ultimate goal is Sochi. They knew that adding in the 3axel could mess them up and were willing to take the risk, but they still took gold at their two biggest events (GPF and Worlds). Their technical elements and choreography have both improved. Definitely best skaters of the season for me, in any discipline.

julieann
04-30-2012, 02:49 AM

:rofl:

I disagree. They pretty much admitted they were willing to sacrifice this season because their ultimate goal is Sochi. They knew that adding in the 3axel could mess them up and were willing to take the risk, but they still took gold at their two biggest events (GPF and Worlds). Their technical elements and choreography have both improved. Definitely best skaters of the season for me, in any discipline.

I agree, I think most teams would kill to have the season they had this year. triple Axel and all. They were clearly the best this season. They weren't even at their best and won worlds again this year.

cailuj365
04-30-2012, 03:13 AM
S&S. It's not even close between them and V&T because of V&T's short program at Worlds.

:lol: It's because of V/T's short program that it was so close in the end at all. If not for that, V/T may very well have run away with it. Maybe it's not close in your mind, but when their last two matchups have come within 0.2 points, I'd say that it's pretty close.

julieann
04-30-2012, 03:54 AM
:lol: It's because of V/T's short program that it was so close in the end at all. If not for that, V/T may very well have run away with it. Maybe it's not close in your mind, but when their last two matchups have come within 0.2 points, I'd say that it's pretty close.

That's true, V/T had a bad short at worlds so even if they did their very best in the free which they did, S/S still had the highest free skate score in the world, so they knew they could have slacked off a bit even if every one did there very best. I'm sure judging by their reaction it was closer than they would have liked but they had at least eights points to play with. If they would have done their best they would have won by around ten points

Jenna
04-30-2012, 05:18 AM

:shuffle:

You might want to double check that.