PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson will be choreographing new programs for Gachinski and Tuktamysheva

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Aussie Willy
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
In this case it is not neccessarily about them actually looking the same. It is the perception. Artur already gets enough irrational hate and bashing for being a "mini-Plushenko". If he was with the same choreographer, similarities would be inevitable, and people would actively go looking for them instead of looking at Artur. So, a different choreographer is the better solution there.
He already gets the same type of choreography as Plushenko. Random, frenetic and lacking finesse and purpose. That is why he gets accused of being a mini-Plushenko. It really is nothing different to what we have seen before from that same team.

A good choreographer works to each skaters strengths and has the ability to bring out the best in the individual skater or couple. So whilst two skaters can have the same choreographer, if they can get totally different looks for each skater then that is the sign of a great choreographer.

If you can't tell the difference between W&P and P&B's choreography, then you must be blind.

kwanatic
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Well I'm looking forward to seeing what Liza T can do under David's guidance. I really like his programs and I'm anxious to see Liza T in a different style aside from the programs she's had for the past two seasons. I enjoy her energy and her jumps but her programs/style irks me. It's a matter of preference really, nothing against her. I hope David is able to push her out of her shimmy-shimmy-shake/upbeat/latin comfort zone and give her some actual choreography to pull off. Liza T is a good performer so I'm pretty hopeful about whatever David cooks up for her.

I think this is a good move for her and proves that she and her team are serious about helping her improve as a skater. Now my fingers are crossed to hear that both Adelina and Julia are stepping out and trying a new choreographer, in particular Julia. Lord help that child if she stays with Morosov as a choreographer!:scream: Talk about a waste of talent...

misskarne
05-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Well they're both going, maybe Liza and Artur are going to do pairs :lol::lol::lol::lol:

....actually that would be kind of awesome

leapfrogonice
05-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Anybody know how much Wilson charges for choreography? Given what can probably pretty safely surmised as blank checks on Tukt and Artur's ends, be he is making out like a bandit.

Cheburashka87
05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Gosh I'm sure people could base their entire thesis on exploring the recent history of Russian Skating and it's perceived "collapse".

I actually am!! I think your take is pretty spot on, if anyone has any other ideas/theories/thoughts I'd love to hear them!

Ziggy
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Anybody know how much Wilson charges for choreography? Given what can probably pretty safely surmised as blank checks on Tukt and Artur's ends, be he is making out like a bandit.

My guess is around 10k per program at least, if not 15k.

Willowway
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Maybe someone has said this before. I can't predict the relative success of this arrangement but I sure think it signals that even Mishin is willing to do whatever it will take to make it work for his team in Sochi. This is more of a new strategy (Plush appears to be expanding his creative team too) and implemented early enough in the cycle to make some difference. What Wilson can or will achieve is yet to be seen but this is an approach shift on Mishin's part and signals some seriousness about not dishing up the very same thing this time around.

arakwafan2006
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I am confused though. Is the name of the game that the Russian coaches cant teach foreign skaters but Russian skaters can go abroad for choreography? wow...

Also, i find it interesting that neither Morozov or Tarasova are making any programs for Russian skaters.

babayaga
05-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I am confused though. Is the name of the game that the Russian coaches cant teach foreign skaters but Russian skaters can go abroad for choreography? wow...

Also, i find it interesting that neither Morozov or Tarasova are making any programs for Russian skaters.

What are you talking about? Tarasova is making programs for Adelina. Morozov was choreographing for lots of skaters including V/T, Lipniskaya, Leonova, I/K, Shelepen, and many others. Maybe I misunderstood you??