PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Wear?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

IceAlisa
05-02-2012, 02:40 AM
The first one is Vivienne Westwood. Back it goes. But I like the DVF ones as always. :P

BittyBug
05-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Where can you get that? Is it prescription?If you're asking about SkinMedica, you can find it online at places like DermStore (http://www.dermstore.com/profile_SkinMedica_100155.htm) and DermaShoppe (http://www.dermashoppe.com/SkinMedica/). (DermaShoppe gives better samples and you can use code 'New25' to get 25% off your next order.)

IceAlisa
05-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Ooops, sorry, forgot to answer but BB got it. :)

Anita18
05-02-2012, 07:14 AM
I agree, what a gorgeous dress!!!! I never even though to searching ebay for dresses.
I bought my wedding dress used on ebay. :shuffle: It was $65 (including shipping) for the dress, veil, crinoline, and bustier. And everything fits, well enough, at least! Steal of the century! :rofl:

IceAlisa
05-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Fur. Lots of fur. In June. :eek: I kid you not. (Though I was seriously thinking of borrowing a fur -- they had the air conditioning cranked up to 11.)

Was the crowd Russian? :eek:

I bought my wedding dress used on ebay. :shuffle: It was $65 (including shipping) for the dress, veil, crinoline, and bustier. And everything fits, well enough, at least! Steal of the century! :rofl: Wow, great job!

I recall my shoes alone purchased on ebay cost about as much--I refused to pay more for a pair I would only wear once. There were white satin and it was a garden wedding. They were done in but good.

We would love see a link. Congrats again!

Anita18
05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow, great job!

I recall my shoes alone purchased on ebay cost about as much--I refused to pay more for a pair I would only wear once. There were white satin and it was a garden wedding. They were done in but good.

We would love see a link. Congrats again!
Thanks! :)

Frankly, I don't think it went for much because the listing was kind of crap and the photos were even crappier. At least I could see what the top of the dress looked like and what the bottom generally looked like, but no pictures at all of the veil or the crinoline. Opening the box was kind of like a Christmas surprise. :lol: At least the seller was really responsive about my questions about size, which is why I threw caution to the wind and just went for it. Since it was so cheap I cleaned it in my bathtub and took to it with a toothbrush and Tide. :rofl: There are still some black areas on the hem I couldn't get off, and some tiny splinters in the back, but they're really tiny and you'd have to have your face up to my ass to see them. For that price, who cares, right? :P

Here's a photo from my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aej5xlwrg8wldo8/weddingpoofyback2.JPG

I'm still not sure if I should wear the crinoline, it's a bit ridiculously poofy in the back. But if it's a cold day, might as well. :P

cruisin
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
^^ I am assuming that is you, you are lovely! Keep the crinoline, it gives the dress a beautiful shape. You need to share a frontal view, please :). So, so happy for you!

IceAlisa, I was at Bloomingdales yesterday. They had the DVF strapless dress there, in black. I checked it out for you, The bust is lined with the same knit fabric as the dress, so it has almost a girdle strength. From the bust down it is lined with a silky fabric. I asked the sales person (who I have a very close relationship with) if she's seen the dress on. She said yes, and it looks great. I also asked about the dress staying up. She said it is so snug around the bust area and the banding gives it so much body, that it stays up very well. Don't know if you're still considering it, but thought I'd give you a report. :)

skatesindreams
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Anita18, congratulations on a fantastic deal!

You are indeed lovely!
I'd love to see a frontal view of the dress, too

Rafter
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
That is a beautiful dress, it is a knock-off though - http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306 418059&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446463344&R=886115330443&P_name=Diane+von+Furstenberg&N=4294912394+306418059&bmUID=js8sAPS

Which is a knock off of the various Erdem lace dresses Kate Middleton has worn. :shuffle:

myhoneyhoney
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I bought my wedding dress used on ebay. :shuffle: It was $65 (including shipping) for the dress, veil, crinoline, and bustier. And everything fits, well enough, at least! Steal of the century! :rofl:

Oh my gosh, Anita, that IS a steal!!! Congratulations again!

cruisin
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Which is a knock off of the various Erdem lace dresses Kate Middleton has worn. :shuffle:

Not really. The DVF dress was out before the Erdem dress. And the style is quite different. There are lots of lace dresses out there, and they will be somewhat similar. However the Adrianna Papell dress is an exact duplicate of the DVF dress. Right down to the deep back "V" and the exposed zipper, to the hem. The only difference would be the fabric quality. That is a knock-off. The Tahari dress I linked is a lace dress too. But it is different enough to not be a knock-off.

IceAlisa
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh cruisin, you are wearing me down with the strapless DVF. :lol: I am still waiting to try a few from Nordstrom but if they don't work out, I may have to try on your favorite. Thanks for checking it out!

Anita18, you look great. The dress' shape is very flattering. Don't mess with the dress and keep the crinoline.

cruisin
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Oh cruisin, you are wearing me down with the strapless DVF. :lol: I am still waiting to try a few from Nordstrom but if they don't work out, I may have to try on your favorite. Thanks for checking it out!

:lol: It's so preeetty :)!

sk9tingfan
05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Just went to a black tie wedding at the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan and bought a gown for it. I was farily surprised by the fact that so many woman did not wear gowns and in some cases were even far less formally dressed. Many of the guys wore dark suits. I love the short dress; if you are uncomfortable on being too bare in church for ceremony, just throw a wrap over it until the reception.

Anita18
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
^^ I am assuming that is you, you are lovely! Keep the crinoline, it gives the dress a beautiful shape. You need to share a frontal view, please :). So, so happy for you!

IceAlisa, I was at Bloomingdales yesterday. They had the DVF strapless dress there, in black. I checked it out for you, The bust is lined with the same knit fabric as the dress, so it has almost a girdle strength. From the bust down it is lined with a silky fabric. I asked the sales person (who I have a very close relationship with) if she's seen the dress on. She said yes, and it looks great. I also asked about the dress staying up. She said it is so snug around the bust area and the banding gives it so much body, that it stays up very well. Don't know if you're still considering it, but thought I'd give you a report. :)
Oh alrighty. I just didn't particularly like the face/pose I was making, but whatevs. Front view! https://www.dropbox.com/s/c89rblilc5tf1gz/weddingveilfront.JPG

And LMAO cruisin you are persistent about that dress! :lol:

I have nothing up top and that dress is staying up, mostly because there's boning on the sides and my hips (OMG turns out I kind of have hips) are holding it up. There's no way for it to fall down, I tried pulling at it pretty hard. Phew, one less thing to worry about. :lol: I showed my mom and she was even surprised the dress was staying up. Boning. ;)