PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Wear?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

my little pony
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
ita, i've seen some nice short wedding dresses

i'd rather see a short dress than a lot of the sleeveless ones i have been subjected to

i dont know how short you want but audrey hepburn wore a short (by wedding dress standards) wedding dress in funny face that i think would great on a bride today.

Anita18
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
They would recover. Do what you want. That is my wedding advice to everyone.
Unfortunately, I was brought up not to show off my body anyway and would probably feel like a clown going down the aisle with a tight mermaid dress (and be unable to walk) or a miniskirt. I save the good bits for fiance. :D Besides, I already bought the dress on ebay for $65 so that part is DONE DONE DONE according to me. :lol:

I'm really glad my crafty mom is on board with my crafty nontraditional ideas. :) That helps a lot.

cruisin
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
They would recover. Do what you want. That is my wedding advice to everyone.

My mother is barely 5'2" and has always felt like long dresses make her look even shorter, so her wedding dress was just below knee length. It worked for her and she has no regrets about it, 48 years later.

My wedding ring has sapphires in it. The wife of a good friend of my husband goes on and on all the time about how much she loves that my ring has some color and how she wanted something like that but her stepmother (who raised her) would have been so upset by it being non-traditional that she just couldn't do it. She has been married for nearly ten years and is still regretting not doing what she wanted. Don't let other people's ideas leave you with regrets!

My engagement ring is traditional, but my wedding ring has tanzanites and tiny diamonds. So, I have color too. I get so many compliments. Probably because it's different (and it is pretty :)).

Anita, this shoes still haven't arrived? We are restlessly awaiting them ;)

PDilemma
06-23-2012, 12:05 AM
My engagement ring is traditional, but my wedding ring has tanzanites and tiny diamonds. So, I have color too. I get so many compliments. Probably because it's different (and it is pretty :)).

I get a lot of compliments, too. People really notice it because of the color. I love that it is different!

barbk
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Stilettos do not belong on sand. Just no.

Nor sleeveless bridesmaid dresses and spiky sandals for a wedding held in a naional park forest glen. In June. When it was still cold.

I felt pretty bad for the out-of-town visitors who had no idea what 8000' means in June. Locals at least new to bundle up and go in flats. :eek:

cruisin
06-23-2012, 01:06 AM
I get a lot of compliments, too. People really notice it because of the color. I love that it is different!

I love being different :)

Nor sleeveless bridesmaid dresses and spiky sandals for a wedding held in a naional park forest glen. In June. When it was still cold.

I felt pretty bad for the out-of-town visitors who had no idea what 8000' means in June. Locals at least new to bundle up and go in flats. :eek:

Yikes! They should have warned the guests.

Anita18
06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Anita, this shoes still haven't arrived? We are restlessly awaiting them ;)
I just got them before I left for work, so I could only try on one shoe. :lol: It was a bit befuddling because the heel strap was a hook that held the buckle. I've never seen that before!

But the width is good on my right foot. :P They're not completely white either, I think they were on display so they're not totally new-looking, but a bit gray. Any ideas for cleaning white satin over leather?

Also, tons of tape residue on the bottom. I have some Goo Gone. Would that hurt the leather sole?

Uhhh, the bridesmaids had to go in sleeveless dress and spiky sandals too? The wedding party (or bride or whoever planned it) should have looked up the damn climate!

I chose my date mostly so it wouldn't be sweltering. Am I the only person who thinks of that kind of thing? :lol:

cruisin
06-23-2012, 01:42 AM
I just got them before I left for work, so I could only try on one shoe. :lol: It was a bit befuddling because the heel strap was a hook that held the buckle. I've never seen that before!

But the width is good on my right foot. :P They're not completely white either, I think they were on display so they're not totally new-looking, but a bit gray. Any ideas for cleaning white satin over leather?

Also, tons of tape residue on the bottom. I have some Goo Gone. Would that hurt the leather sole?

I think the Goo gone will be fine for the bottom of the shoe. Or try some nail polish remover. Just don't get it on the satin. Another thing you can do is put them on and sort of scuff the soles on the sidewalk and scrape the goo off.

I don't know about whitening the satin. I would not try to do it myself. I would take them to a place that days shoes, or take them to a dry cleaner or leather cleaner and ask them. Are they noticeably off from your dress?

I chose my date mostly so it wouldn't be sweltering. Am I the only person who thinks of that kind of thing? :lol:

No, I would think that way too. My daughter is not engaged yet. But, the other day we were talking and I said she should consider getting married (when the time comes) in the fall. In the spring, people have so many weddings and the weather is so questionable. September/October, not s many weddings. so fewer conflicts for guests, it's easier to find a venue, and the weather is usually more predictable. Well, we won't think about this past Halloween :scream:!

Anita18
06-23-2012, 01:46 AM
I think the Goo gone will be fine for the bottom of the shoe. Or try some nail polish remover. Just don't get it on the satin. Another thing you can do is put them on and sort of scuff the soles on the sidewalk and scrape the goo off.

I don't know about whitening the satin. I would not try to do it myself. I would take them to a place that days shoes, or take them to a dry cleaner or leather cleaner and ask them. Are they noticeably off from your dress?
The tape residue is all the way up where the sole meets the heel. :lol: But I will try the Goo Gone.

I haven't compared it to the dress yet. I'm not totally picky on it matching completely (a friend asked about my wedding colors, I offered a "wedding palette" :lol: ) but was wondering if there was an easy way to get them...not as gray. :shuffle:

myhoneyhoney
06-23-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm of the thinking that nobody really cares if you look hotter than the bride since nobody will be paying much attention. :lol:

Oh, you should've been to the wedding I attended last winter. The bride was pretty but the groom's older sister was drop dead gorgeous! She wore this gun metal satin gown (the brides's mother picked it out) that was mermaid like, very fitted tummy down with a draping v-neck and perfectly cut to her already amazing figure. She kept her hair down and did smoky eyes. Everyone was talking about how stunning SHE looked. The bride kept giving her mother the evil eye. Scandalous! :lol:

barbk
06-23-2012, 04:08 AM
No, I would think that way too. My daughter is not engaged yet. But, the other day we were talking and I said she should consider getting married (when the time comes) in the fall. In the spring, people have so many weddings and the weather is so questionable. September/October, not s many weddings. so fewer conflicts for guests, it's easier to find a venue, and the weather is usually more predictable. Well, we won't think about this past Halloween :scream:!

I'd be in the market for a book (or, these days, more likely a website) that provided the skinny on the best weather with the least number of biting bugs vacation planner. :)

(And for the Rocky Mountain wedding -- the bridesmaids did have chiffon wraps. :yikes: I just remember watching guests with heels sinking into the duff, and being thankful that I'd chosen appropriately warm clothing. I think that there was a fair demand for coffee at the reception. Luckily that was indoors, in a much warmer area down in the valley.)

Anita18
06-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Oh, you should've been to the wedding I attended last winter. The bride was pretty but the groom's older sister was drop dead gorgeous! She wore this gun metal satin gown (the brides's mother picked it out) that was mermaid like, very fitted tummy down with a draping v-neck and perfectly cut to her already amazing figure. She kept her hair down and did smoky eyes. Everyone was talking about how stunning SHE looked. The bride kept giving her mother the evil eye. Scandalous! :lol:
:lol: I'm glad my wedding will be pretty casual! Nobody will think to traipse about outside in a big gown but me. :P

And hey, at least it was the groom's sister and not an ex-girlfriend. The drama could have been 100000x worse! :rofl:

I unfortunately did not show up to my ex-bf's wedding dressed to the nines. I was recovering from stomach flu, looked close to death (frighteningly more underweight than usual), and it took all of my effort not to fall over. And I only had one ex-bf so my only chance is lost! :lol:

myhoneyhoney
06-23-2012, 05:02 AM
Oh, gosh, there probably would've been a brawl if she was an ex, hehe.

Don't worry, I saw your gown picture, you're gonna be STUNNING!!

jlai
06-23-2012, 10:48 AM
For ebay bidders: How do you know if the shoes are authentic? I'm asking because I'm doing shoe shopping on Ebay
thx

skatesindreams
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Check the listing - if the seller doesn't offer proof - which they should - the item may or/may not be authentic.
Ask questions; and get answers before you bid.