PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Wear?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

made_in_canada
06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Those are cute, Nancy!

myhoneyhoney
06-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Cute, NancyNC! I ♥ zappos, endless is good too!

IceAlisa
06-15-2012, 12:26 AM
We got an email from the San Francisco office yesterday with our agenda for San Francisco. Among other things, it instructed us that the dress code for the big fundraising dinner, the one I finally found the dress-and-jacket for, as "business formal."

And I was :D since that's exactly what I have. I've even lost three pounds so it will fit better. Now I just have to call nordstrom and remind them they were going to take 40% off the cost!

:cheer2: That dress and jacket are to die for. You are going to rock that joint!

skatesindreams
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Now I just have to call Nordstrom and remind them they were going to take 40% off the cost!

Will that offset the cost of those "pricey" pumps"

I'm looking forward to hearing about this dinner - and any comments about your attire, PRlady!

PRlady
06-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Will that offset the cost of those "pricey" pumps"

I'm looking forward to hearing about this dinner - and any comments about your attire, PRlady!

Well, it will pay for the shoes but the whole thing is still way too expensive. (My modest upbringing is just screaming about this....)

And, my friend, I can tell you right now the dinner will be boring. Fundraising dinners are always boring.

IceAlisa
06-15-2012, 02:26 AM
You can tell your modest upbringing that some things are timeless and will be used again and again. They include the dress and the jacket.

cruisin
06-15-2012, 02:50 AM
Well, it will pay for the shoes but the whole thing is still way too expensive. (My modest upbringing is just screaming about this....)

And, my friend, I can tell you right now the dinner will be boring. Fundraising dinners are always boring.

Agree with IceAlissa, these are not just one time wear garments. You will get a lot of use out of them. Just enjoy looking fabulous!

Meanwhile, I'm getting very :mad:! I have all of these really cool platform sandals for spring and summer, and I can't wear them. This damn broken toe is taking forever to heal! Wore modest heel the other day and it's all swollen again! Hate broken pinky toes! :lol: Wondering if I should go to the doctor. It's been 5 weeks and it's still twice it's size and hurts. I didn't go because I know they won't do anything (I've broken it before). But. now I'm wondering if there is a chip in the joint. Can't believe I broke it on a hard rubber dog toy! Who does that?

barbk
06-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Ouch, cruisin.

PRLady -- do you know someone who will engineer the seating arrangements in a good way?

Clutch question: where do you put it during dinner?

vesperholly
06-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I went to Payless today and couldn't find the cute AE sandals, and I couldn't close the buckle on the woven Siriano sandals (which were super cute and I would've bought them if they fit). So I ended up with these in white:

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10285&skuId=093412065&productId=70964&lotId=093412&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

The straps are super soft and have a good amount of stretch. Even better, they were on sale for $14.99 and I had a 20% off coupon! :cheer2: Now for some brown wedges and I'll be all set on the shoe front.

I think if it's small enough, you can put a clutch on the table? Or if the chair has a solid back, put it behind you.

cruisin
06-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Ouch, cruisin.

Thanks, I'm such a klutz!

Clutch question: where do you put it during dinner?

Agree with vesperholly, if it's small you can put it on the table, or the back of your chair. Or you can put it on your lap and put your napkin on top of it. I don't like to put clutches on the floor, they get kicked away or you forget them. Actually, I don't put any purses on the floor. I read an article saying that the bottom of women's purses were one of the filthiest things you could touch. simply because women tend to put them on the floor. And we know how OCD I am :lol:!

maatTheViking
06-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Agree with vesperholly, if it's small you can put it on the table, or the back of your chair. Or you can put it on your lap and put your napkin on top of it. I don't like to put clutches on the floor, they get kicked away or you forget them. Actually, I don't put any purses on the floor. I read an article saying that the bottom of women's purses were one of the filthiest things you could touch. simply because women tend to put them on the floor. And we know how OCD I am :lol:!

I am really relaxed when it comes to dirt and germs - and I don't like putting purses at the floor :P

Good tips about clutches - but where do you put one whole dancing? While eating finger foods at a reception? I usually get clutches / purses with optional straps, which takes care of the former, but not the latter.

my little pony
06-15-2012, 04:35 AM
Thanks, I'm such a klutz!

my mother always said that if you put your purse on the floor, you will bring home cockroaches. consequently, i am phobic about a purse even approaching the floor.

myhoneyhoney
06-15-2012, 05:02 AM
I REFUSE to put purses on the floor. These purse hangers (http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/macys-purse-hanger?ID=404826) are a godsend!

IceAlisa
06-15-2012, 06:04 AM
If at a formal event like a wedding or a dinner, I usually put my clutch behind me on my seat.

PRlady
06-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Good tips about clutches - but where do you put one whole dancing? While eating finger foods at a reception? I usually get clutches / purses with optional straps, which takes care of the former, but not the latter.

I only buy clutches with optional straps too. I'm such a clutz that if I have a clutch at a stand-up reception or cocktail party, I will either starve or drop the purse in the punchbowl.

I actually bought a small leather square bag (pinkish) with a chain for this. It's not as dressy as a silk or satin clutch but it's small enough for me to use as a bag for rock clubs, where I spend more time than at dressy events. :P