PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Wear?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

barbk
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
My sister had an epiphany as to why it was so difficult to find comfortable shoes - her pinky toe sticks out a smidge more than normal. She demanded to see all our toes once. This is what counts as quality family time. :lol: She needs square toed shoes.

At least three in my family have pinky toes that are more on edge (joint facing outwards) than straight forward. Makes shoe buying painful.

skatesindreams
06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
IceAlisa, it looks like you found a winner!

cruisin
06-13-2012, 07:46 PM
To quote Borat, great success:http://www.everythingbutwater.com/browse/products/eco-swim/eco-covers/47356+38570+119.html I think khaki.

I forgot about that site, very good! :) Thanks again.

You're welcome. Great choice. I was stuck on hoodie cover-ups :lol:!

IceAlisa
06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
You're welcome. Great choice. I was stuck on hoodie cover-ups :lol:!

IceAlisa, it looks like you found a winner!

Yes, thanks!
I think hoodies are cute too. I like the hoodie aspect but was looking for something that would work with most swimsuits. I am not big on patterns but luuuuurve me some ruching.

vesperholly
06-13-2012, 10:22 PM
vesperholly--can you just wear t-straps? Sorry if I missed specific details over what you're looking for, but for wide feet on a budget, you can find t-straps that adjust to any width foot. (snip)
Would that style work for you? They are all from Payless, and some are under $10.

Typically I shy away from even trying shoes that have complicated ankle bits, they almost never fit. :( I end up buying largely backless shoes/slides because I have to size up to even get my toes into shoes, so they end up a bit long.

Those Christian Siriano ones are SO cute, and I really like the hot pink AE ones, too. I'm about to go out for some errands near a Payless, so I'll report back as to what fits :D

myhoneyhoney
06-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Will this purse (http://pinterest.com/pin/266205027944546211/) work ok with patent nude pumps? The other side is plain, just pure black patent goodness. Yes, I completely forgot to look for a purse!

cruisin
06-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Will this purse (http://pinterest.com/pin/266205027944546211/) work ok with patent nude pumps? The other side is plain, just pure black patent goodness. Yes, I completely forgot to look for a purse!

I dont think its the best choice, a little too casual. Do you have any kind of clutch? Do you even need to bring a bag?

It's a cute bag, though.

myhoneyhoney
06-14-2012, 03:39 AM
I can try to stuff my lipstick and compact in hubby's suit pockets.... if not I'll run to the nearest mall Friday since I really should have a basic black evening clutch.

cruisin
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I can try to stuff my lipstick and compact in hubby's suit pockets.... if not I'll run to the nearest mall Friday since I really should have a basic black evening clutch.

My "go to" evening bag is actually a cosmetic bag :lol:. A few years ago Lancome did a Holiday give away (with purchase). the cosmetic bag was a 6" x 4" black beaded cosmetic bag. I have real evening bags, but the little cosmetic bag is my favorite! :lol: It really doesn't look like a cosmetic bag, and it was free!

PRlady
06-14-2012, 01:10 PM
We got an email from the San Francisco office yesterday with our agenda for San Francisco. Among other things, it instructed us that the dress code for the big fundraising dinner, the one I finally found the dress-and-jacket for, as "business formal."

And I was :D since that's exactly what I have. I've even lost three pounds so it will fit better. Now I just have to call nordstrom and remind them they were going to take 40% off the cost!

cruisin
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
We got an email from the San Francisco office yesterday with our agenda for San Francisco. Among other things, it instructed us that the dress code for the big fundraising dinner, the one I finally found the dress-and-jacket for, as "business formal."

Perfetto!

Now I just have to call nordstrom and remind them they were going to take 40% off the cost!

Was that a "it will show up on the bill" deal? They are usually pretty good about that. If you have a Nordstrom's car, you can look at your statement on line. Of course a little reminder is always good :).

PRlady
06-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Perfetto!

Was that a "it will show up on the bill" deal? They are usually pretty good about that. If you have a Nordstrom's car, you can look at your statement on line. Of course a little reminder is always good :).

It was a "call me and it will go on sale and then we will take it off your bill."

Like you, I have perfect trust in Nordstrom. And there are very few institutions I trust in life!

cruisin
06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
sorry, double post

cruisin
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
It was a "call me and it will go on sale and then we will take it off your bill."

Like you, I have perfect trust in Nordstrom. And there are very few institutions I trust in life!

I know a few sales associates at stores who will do that, too. I hope the stores appreciate the fact that those sales associates are building trust & lasting relationships with the store. When they do that for you, you come back - again and again. I trust Bloomingdales, in the same way. But, for me, it's not so much the institution or corporation, it is the sales associates I deal with. One of the sales associates I deal with at Bloomingdales, has my card number on file. What she does is "pre-sell" things for me. If I can't get in she will charge the sale price to my account and hold things for me. Then when I come in, I keep what I want and remove, from my charge, what I don't want. One huge benefit to that, I have a lot of activity on my card. I get all sorts of perks for that! FTR, she doesn't just charge things to my account without calling and asking me first.

NancyNC
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
I have been looking for a pair of dressy "nudish" shoes, just ordered these (http://www.zappos.com/vigotti-dulden-pudding-black?zfcTest=fw:1)...hope I like them. But free shipping on return if I don't like them so who cares. :lol: