PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Wear?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

agalisgv
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
My feet actually measure 6.5 EEE, a size that no one on the planet makes :lol: This place does:

http://www.justwideshoes.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=159&search=&limit=72&sort=

They specialize in wide width shoes (actually, that's all they carry).

On the topic of shoes, has anyone noticed some vanity sizing making it's way to footwear?

cruisin
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
This place does:

http://www.justwideshoes.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=159&search=&limit=72&sort=

They specialize in wide width shoes (actually, that's all they carry).

On the topic of shoes, has anyone noticed some vanity sizing making it's way to footwear?

Honestly, no. In fact, I've noticed the opposite.

agalisgv
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Really?

Well, maybe it was the shoe brands then.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Really?

Well, maybe it was the shoe brands then.

Either that, or my feet have grown :lol:! Seriously, though, my 7.5 shoes from years ago still fit, for the last 5 years, I've needed an 8.

agalisgv
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Wearing a pair of shoes will stretch the shoes over time, so it makes sense that a well-worn 7.5 might be the same fit as an 8 (especially considering feet can get larger over time for some women).

I was just surprised when I went shoe shopping the other day, and I tried on a shoe within the range I normally wear, and there was a good 1.5 inches left at the toe (these were sandals). It looked ridiculous on my foot, and would require two sizes smaller to fit (which they don't make). I tried on some other sandals with similar effect.

Anyhow, maybe it was just an off day :shuffle:

cruisin
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Wearing a pair of shoes will stretch the shoes over time, so it makes sense that a well-worn 7.5 might be the same fit as an 8 (especially considering feet can get larger over time for some women).

I was just surprised when I went shoe shopping the other day, and I tried on a shoe within the range I normally wear, and there was a good 1.5 inches left at the toe (these were sandals). It looked ridiculous on my foot, and would require two sizes smaller to fit (which they don't make). I tried on some other sandals with similar effect.

Anyhow, maybe it was just an off day :shuffle:

Probably, just an off day. But, sandals sometimes do that. The placement of the thong or straps can push the front of the shoe forward and they look weird.

As for my 7.5's, some are well worn, but many of them are shoes I don't wear very often. So they really have not stretched to account for sizing changes. But, some brands do run larger/smaller than others. Maybe you just got unlucky with the brand.

PRlady
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Madame Agal is a small person with, presumably, small feet. ;) (Again, the benefit of having met someone in RL.)

But brands really vary. In Onex, a brand that specializes in narrow feet, I need a 10, which I don't like one bit. In Riekers from Germany, likewise. In Softts, sometimes a 9 is too big!

agalisgv
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Maybe you just got unlucky with the brand. Could very well be. The part of the sandal that shows underneath your feet was red and white striped. My kids said I looked like I was wearing clown shoes :(.

I just went back to the kiddie department and shopped there instead. Hard to look glamorous that way though :shuffle:.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Could very well be. The part of the sandal that shows underneath your feet was red and white striped. My kids said I looked like I was wearing clown shoes :(.

I just went back to the kiddie department and shopped there instead. Hard to look glamorous that way though :shuffle:.

I always have too much of the front of sandals showing. Because of my freakishly short toes :lol:! But, that's my excuse! I just stick with brown, tan, black sandals with no patterns on the top of the footbed. I would say that I don't want to call attention to my little toes, but they're painted hot pink right now! :lol:

PDilemma
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
My foot is as flat as Nebraska from toe to ankle, it's hard when you have almost no arch at all, too.

Flat like this:

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/ice/lec19/seneca.jpg

Or more like this:

http://images.summitpost.org/small/474292.jpg

Just wondering.

Come visit us. It's only flat in the middle.

Anita18
06-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I have weird feet. My heel is medium. I have a very high arch, but that part of my foot is very thin, so it doesn't effect the shoes much. Though I do need very high arch support in running shoes. So I always have to take the insoles out of running shoes and put in the Spencos with more support. But, my foot is wide across the toes. Because I have a normal size big toe, but my other toes are only about 1/2" long :lol:. It looks like someone hacked my toes off! If my toes were normal they'd taper, but because they don't, I can't wear really pointy shoes. The first time my best friend looked at my toes, she laughed so hard she wet her pants! :rofl: Fred Flintstone feet! I go to walk-in places for pedicures, and whenever I get someone new - they look at my toes and can barely stop from giggling! But, for the most part, I can wear any shoes I want (I do try to keep the freaky toes covered though).
My sister had an epiphany as to why it was so difficult to find comfortable shoes - her pinky toe sticks out a smidge more than normal. She demanded to see all our toes once. This is what counts as quality family time. :lol: She needs square toed shoes.

Good news - I went to a Nordstrom AND a Cole Haan and tried on several 6.5Bs, and it fits! Tried on a pump since I was on a roll and the heel still came up. :lol: Oh well, you can't win them all. I'll bid on that Cole Haan ebay auction right away. :)

Also, turns out that Gilly Hicks bras fit me. And they were having a $15 bra sale. :cheer:

cruisin
06-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Flat like this:

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/ice/lec19/seneca.jpg

Or more like this:

http://images.summitpost.org/small/474292.jpg

Just wondering.

Come visit us. It's only flat in the middle.

Does PRLady have a windmill on her foot? :lol:

My sister had an epiphany as to why it was so difficult to find comfortable shoes - her pinky toe sticks out a smidge more than normal. She demanded to see all our toes once. This is what counts as quality family time. :lol: She needs square toed shoes.

Good news - I went to a Nordstrom AND a Cole Haan and tried on several 6.5Bs, and it fits! Tried on a pump since I was on a roll and the heel still came up. :lol: Oh well, you can't win them all. I'll bid on that Cole Haan ebay auction right away. :)

Yay! I hope you get them and I hope you love them! I think they are perfect! And I promise you they will be comfortable. They have Nike Air soles.

Also, turns out that Gilly Hicks bras fit me. And they were having a $15 bra sale. :cheer:

I am not familiar with that brand, but good for you!

jlai
06-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Where do I find cute teenage girl clothes that are not too revealing? I am shopping for a very skinny teenager.

PRlady
06-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Where do I find cute teenage girl clothes that are not too revealing? I am shopping for a very skinny teenager.

Urban Outfitter. Half their stuff is meant to be layered so don't be put off by plunging necklines or racerbacks, the teenagers wear them over the (equally affordable) tank tops.

I love their stuff, I wish they had been around when I was that age.

cruisin
06-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Urban Outfitter. Half their stuff is meant to be layered so don't be put off by plunging necklines or racerbacks, the teenagers wear them over the (equally affordable) tank tops.

I love their stuff, I wish they had been around when I was that age.

Agree, they are owned by Anthropologie (or maybe it's vice versa). Urban Outfitter, Anthropologie and Free People are all the same company. And in that order, they are priced low to high. Another option is Madewell. Madewell is J.Crew's younger line. And another option is Hollister. Hollister is Abercrombie & Fitch's less expensive line.