PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Skaters that You'd like to Acknowledge

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

icellist
04-26-2012, 07:26 AM
There are so many skaters out there that practice everyday and try their best yet we only pay attention to a list of skaters. Which skaters do you think are underrated or unknown that you'd like other people to take note of?
ie. a skater from a small unknown country with great jumping abilities or a skater from a big fed that can't shine through despite great performances

Loves_Shizuka
04-26-2012, 07:29 AM
I want to say Zlobina/Sitnikov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXwGtyJd3E) but maybe they aren't underrated?

I love them anyhow :inavoid:

aftershocks
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoyed watching Christopher Caluza and Victor Pfeiffer at Worlds in Nice. Christopher had an excellent showing too at 4CC this year. I had heard Christopher's name before but I don't ever remember seeing him skate when he was a U.S. skater at Nationals. It's great that Christopher had the opportunity to represent The Philippines. He is obviously very talented, but w/o this opportunity, he likely would never have been able to go to Worlds. He has some wonderful qualities.

Victor P has a smooth, lyrical style and I enjoyed his programs. I wish him continued improvement, and a rise in the standings in the future.

PinkFeathers
04-26-2012, 07:59 AM
I can't help but be a fan of Misha Ge. He's a real firecracker on the ice, and while he's not perfect in terms of technique, I still cheer for him. I know he's had trouble with his back, so I'm taking that into consideration as well. Also, his story of just GETTING to Nice was crazy! He's such a nice kid, and his tweets always make me smile :D

He was pushing the other day for a 7th country in WTT, made up of skaters from countries that would never qualify :cheer2: :lol:

misskarne
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Victor P has a smooth, lyrical style and I enjoyed his programs. I wish him continued improvement, and a rise in the standings in the future.

Isn't it funny and somewhat sad that I watched this guy skate at Worlds and the only thing I remember is that flawlessly smooth and awesome moment where he pulled his pant leg up to his knee because of a broken bootstrap, without ever missing a beat in the program or the music - he made it look like it meant to happen! :lol:

Marco
04-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Ryan Jahnke!!!

spikydurian
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Misha Ge! :)

ChelleC
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Misha Ge and Christopher Caluza

Johnny_Fever
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Duchesnay all the way. Not that their unknown.

Aussie Willy
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I want to say Zlobina/Sitnikov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXwGtyJd3E) but maybe they aren't underrated?

I love them anyhow :inavoid:
I am glad you posted that program again anyway, regardless of if they are underrated or not. It is such a good program.

clarie
04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Kevin Reynolds is my pick. He has worked to hard to improve his presentation and other aspects of his skating yet he is held back on PC's. I really enjoy watching him now.

aemeraldrainc
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Kevin Reynolds is my pick. He has worked to hard to improve his presentation and other aspects of his skating yet he is held back on PC's. I really enjoy watching him now.

ITA.
:respec:

Debrah
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Count me as another on the Kevin Reynolds bandwagon!

puglover
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Count me on the Kevin Reynolds bandwagon as well. He has really come a long way in addressing his weaknesses.

aaron
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Indeed. Kevin has natural sense of musicality and I thought his performance has significantly improved since he started to work with Shae-lynn Bourne. I really love his SP this season.