05-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Rohene Ward.

RumbleFish
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Laetitia Hubert
Vanessa Gusmeroli
Anna Rechnio
Tatiana Malinina

All of these 2nd tier euro ladies of late 90s could have easily won medlas at 2012 Worlds had they shown up with their prime form of the past.

idee123
05-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I like Keegan Messing.

He is exciting and energetic to watch.

misskarne
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Joshua Farris, at least on the national stage. I know he didn't skate well at nationals, but he was really hosed on PCS there regardless. He shouldn't have been 16th, skaters like Dyer, Cassar, and Johnson should not have beaten him with no 3a when Josh went for two 3a and a 4t in his FS. Plus he is just a really beautiful skater, good technique on jumps, lovely posture, nice spins and flexibility, great lines. At JW he skated up to his potential and very nearly won, had he skated like that at Nationals, he would have deserved to finish ahead of around 12 of the 15 skaters that beat him though I doubt he would have judging from the PCS marks. It honestly looks silly to have a kid who placed 16th at Nationals to come in 2nd at a very competitive Junior Worlds, pretty sure most of the guys who finished ahead of him at Nationals, if they were age eligible, couldn't have placed as well even with clean skates. It's frustrating, especially because so many other skaters receive huge PCS inflation at nationals (Rippon, Brown, Razzano, etc). I'm really pulling for him to make the World team this season but am worried the Nationals judges will lowball him on PCS again even if he does skate really well.

I agree with this, I thought his scores were quite mind-boggling when I went back and watched the programs. Hopefully Junior Worlds has made the USFSA realise that they need to back him.

PashaFan
05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Laetitia Hubert
Vanessa Gusmeroli
Anna Rechnio
Tatiana Malinina

All of these 2nd tier euro ladies of late 90s could have easily won medlas at 2012 Worlds had they shown up with their prime form of the past.

I loved Tatiana Malinina. VERY underrrated. She was a lot more artistic than many gave her credit for.

ioana
05-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I loved Tatiana Malinina. VERY underrrated. She was a lot more artistic than many gave her credit for.

Or much better than the programs she could afford to have chroreographed...

PashaFan
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Or much better than the programs she could afford to have chroreographed...

Agreed. It's a shame.
I did love watching her & she had a lovely personality.
Her reaction to a good skate was total joy.
She had a lot of bad luck-injury & the death of her coach but she was a fighter.

VALuvsMKwan
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Agreed. It's a shame.
I did love watching her & she had a lovely personality.
Her reaction to a good skate was total joy.
She had a lot of bad luck-injury & the death of her coach but she was a fighter.

Agree as well - as soon as I posted my list I thought of Ms. Malinina and should have edited my choices to include her.

iceberg08
05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Ilia Klimkin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0Dxn_t1A9HA#t=104s) doing camel spins in both directions directly into a triple jump. I liked him a lot for being :inavoid:

Ye Bin Mok for this magical performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_LcQQtO8WA).

Mai Asada (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoAkR2RKCrI)

pinky166
05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I like Keegan Messing.

He is exciting and energetic to watch.

I agree. He just needs to stop bombing his FS and he could go places. He earns good marks both nationally and internationally when he skates well, the judges see the quality in his skating, now it's just a matter of delivering consistently when it matters.

pinky166
05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I agree with this, I thought his scores were quite mind-boggling when I went back and watched the programs. Hopefully Junior Worlds has made the USFSA realise that they need to back him.

Yeah I hope so. Nationals just seems to put certain skaters at a huge advantage to others. Josh got nationals DEFLATION in regards to PCS, he was getting higher PCS all season at junior international competitions...that's not right. At JW, he and Jason Brown both skated very well, and Josh edged him in PCS in the SP and Jason edged Josh on PCS in the FS - for Josh, these PCS were significantly higher than at Nationals, for Jason, they were lower. At nationals, Jason fell 3 times in his FS (where he attempted no 3a or qaud) and got PCS of 75, while Josh fell 2 times in his FS (where he attempted two 3as and a 4t) and got PCS of 65. At the JGPF where Josh faired similarly in the FS, his PCS were 69, the same as Jason at the JGPF where he had a clean skate. So at nationals, Josh gets a 4 point drop in PCS for a comparable skate, while Jason gets a 6 point increase for a meltdown vs. a clean skate at the JGPF? IMO Josh should have gotten 70 for his SP and 140 for his FS at Nationals, judging from the outrageous scores received by Rippon, Dornbush in the FS, etc. With his JW performances I would have honestly had him 3rd or 4th at Nationals, but it's clear that was never going to happen. I just hate the rigged judging at Nationals...

We see this in the ladies event too, Caroline Zhang for years has gotten no inflation and even deflation at Nationals compared to internationals, while Alissa and Rachael get huge bonuses, and skaters like Mirai do about the same as internationally. Caroline was robbed of 2nd at Nationals both this year and in 2009.

Simone411
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I've always loved Ilia's unique style.

One of my favorite programs - Ilia Klimkin's 2004 Exhibition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhItfH3cL8M)

DimaToe
05-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Elena Glebova, yeah she isn't a top tier skater, but the times when she puts out solid programs, she seems to not get the scores she deserves.

RumbleFish
05-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Elena Glebova, yeah she isn't a top tier skater, but the times when she puts out solid programs, she seems to not get the scores she deserves.

I found her Sex and the City program very entertaining. :lol:

pinky166
05-03-2012, 02:47 AM
I found her Sex and the City program very entertaining. :lol:

SATC voids :inavoid: :rollin: LOVE IT!