View Full Version : Underrated Skaters that You'd like to Acknowledge

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

julieann
04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Stephanie Rosenthal and Rohene Ward

carriemarie
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Mikkeline Kirkgaard!

The Danish federation didn't at all realise what a very special skater she was, jumps or not!
I so much wish we could have seen her compete for so many more years, with tons of beautiful programs....

I like Mikkeline, but as someone who actually trained with her (not Danish) obviously here in the US, she was very tempermental and would fight with her coach Henrick all the time. Comparing that to the way that Michelle interacted with Frank (back when they were insync) she didn't seem to have that competitive spirit and mental toughness to make it to the next level. Lovely skater, though.

rhymer
04-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Ryan Jahnke!!!

This was the first name that came to my mind as well. He has so many wonderful qualities in his skating I always wished he would recieve more recognition.

smarts1
04-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Lu Chen. I always felt that she never really got the artistic mark that she deserved.

icellist
04-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Joelle Forte, Kristiene Gong, Angela Maxwell, Bebe Liang
K/G-S and L/C definitely!

I'll make a better list when i have more time

how about some unknowns from japan?

Aussie Willy
04-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Lu Chen. I always felt that she never really got the artistic mark that she deserved.

Rubbish. Maybe you might like to have a look at her competitive record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Lu

Cherub721
04-27-2012, 01:57 AM
ITA about Savoie... what a freaking shame that he peaked just before being quadless became acceptable. He could've been world champion like Buttle.

Moka-Ananas
04-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Susanna Pöykiö
Alexander Abt
Andrei Griazev
Alexander Uspenski
Sergei Dobrin
Andrei Lutai
Naomi Lang/Peter Tchernyshev
Elina Kettunen
Elena Sokolova
Kulikova/Novikov
Obertas/Slavnov
Misha Ge
Viktor Pfeifer
Philipp Tischendorf

julieann
04-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Susanna Pöykiö
Alexander Abt
Andrei Griazev
Alexander Uspenski
Sergei Dobrin
Andrei Lutai
Elina Kettunen
Elena Sokolova
Kulikova/Novikov
Obertas/Slavnov
Misha Ge
Viktor Pfeifer
Philipp Tischendorf

I always like Obertas but I never thought she had the right partner

shine
04-27-2012, 03:07 AM
ITA about Savoie... what a freaking shame that he peaked just before being quadless became acceptable. He could've been world champion like Buttle.
He should have, but most likely would have never had with the presentation marks that he was getting. Buttle had the full backing of the entire Skate Canada while USFS was all about Weir/Lysacek/Weiss, and Savoie was merely an after thought. I always felt so unfair about how much Buttle could get away with because of his huge PCS while Savoie, a skater who had many similar strengths (and better jump technique as well as being more enchanting for me), had none of that priviledge.

skfan
04-27-2012, 03:28 AM
peter barna.
radka kovarikova and rene novotny.
shishkova and naumov.
tanja swevcenko.
silverstein & pekarek (maybe)
yukina ota.

i loved mikkeline k. too :)

i love angela wang and leah keiser best of all the lesser known us ladies, but to me it seems odd to mention skaters only starting out--they'll hopefull have a chance to add to their body of work and shine later.

PashaFan
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Susanna Pöykiö
Alexander Abt
Andrei Griazev
Alexander Uspenski
Sergei Dobrin
Andrei Lutai
Elina Kettunen
Elena Sokolova
Kulikova/Novikov
Obertas/Slavnov
Misha Ge
Viktor Pfeifer
Philipp Tischendorf

Loved Susanna Poykio, IMO she should have won the Europeans in 05'.
Lang & Tchernyshev skated to one of my all-time favourite ice dance programes in the free dance at the Worlds in 2000.
Elina Kettunen was a really lovely skater. Shame she never won a European medal.
Elena Sokolova is one of my favourite ladies skaters in recent years.
Funny you should mention Obertas/Slavnov as I spent some time on Youtube yesterday watching them. Their free skate from the 04' Skate America was amazing & weird that they almost fell on a lift when Tot/Mar had their fall the same night.
Pernelle Carron is underrated IMO. Shame that since she left Jost that she has slipped down the rankings so badly.
I really loved their free dance from the 08' Europeans.

pingu
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Jamal Othman :)
Paul/Islam because they're probably never going to skate at worlds (until Virtue/Moir will be competing)

paskatefan
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Matt! Matt! Matt!

US ice dancers on the international level - Naomi & Peter, Punsallan & Swallow, Roca & Sur, Melissa & Denis

allezfred
04-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Clara Peters. :D