PDA

View Full Version : Yuzuru Hanyu to be coached by Brian Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

Ozzisk8tr
05-22-2012, 12:21 PM
I wanted to gain some perspective on what had transpired between them,

...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

forcing his own way on a skater), and from Hanyu’s interview it seems he and JSF share similar expectation.

Wow! Do you write for the Revenge series? How does Victoria fit in? :confused:

lowtherlore
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Wow! Do you write for the Revenge series? How does Victoria fit in? :confused:

:lol: I had been using a lot of patience before posting in this thread, reading thru and amazed by all the insensitive and nonsensical comments made re Kim-Orser split with an air of indifference on the truly outrageous verbal and psychological abuse inflicted on a skater by a coach.

My rant is over until I encounter another series of nonsense.

Re Hanyu's commuting, I assume him planning to stay in Canada for choreographic works and near season training, or is he in Toronto already?

overedge
05-22-2012, 05:58 PM
extremely long post

You know, repeating the same set of "facts" over and over again doesn't make them any more true, or any more convincing.

kwanfan1818
05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Given the dearth of competitive figure skaters in Korea now, Orser's choice, until Kim fired him, was to put all of his eggs in one basket without a revenue-sharing agreement; now he gets to coach competitive Japanese skaters. The pipeline is in no danger of running out any time soon. I think he's landed on his feet very well.

Hanyu is likely just the first.

lowtherlore
05-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, is he already in Toronto or not? Where are all these Japanese posters who'd have been mighty interested in his whereabouts.

fan
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
i can confirm that he is in toronto and skating with brian.

Dragonlady
05-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Clearly you have no idea how business works, or why they kept sending him exclusively IMG client students.

And you clearly have no idea of the history between the Cricket Club and the Japanese federation which has been sending skaters to the Cricket Club and the Mariposa Club every summer since sometime in the 1990's in order to jump start their program. Other than the year SARS hit the GTA, there have been Japanese skaters competing at Thornhill every summer for as long as I've been going to Summer Skate, which was sometime in the late 1990's.

The Korean federation was actually emulating the Japanese federation in sending a large contingent of skaters to the Cricket Club when Yu-Na was training there, seeing how successful the Japanese summer program had been for their skaters.

This whole notion that anyone at the Cricket was sneaking around behind the backs of the Korean federation to entice the Japanese federation to send students is just laughable. The Cricket would be unlikely to blow off a long-standing relationship with the Japanese federation for just one skater, even if that skater was Yu-Na Kim.

jjane45
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
i can confirm that he is in toronto and skating with brian.

Thanx! At this young age, I bet Hanyu will learn English very quickly. But will they work with an interpreter in the early stages?

fan
05-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanx! At this young age, I bet Hanyu will learn English very quickly. But will they work with an interpreter in the early stages?

I don't know Hanyu's level of English, but perhaps Shin Amano will be on hand to help out at the beginning? Cricket coaches tend to team coach normally, so it might be helpful having Shin around. Just conjecture on my part, nothing confirmed.

seabm7
05-25-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't know Hanyu's level of English, but perhaps Shin Amano will be on hand to help out at the beginning? Cricket coaches tend to team coach normally, so it might be helpful having Shin around. Just conjecture on my part, nothing confirmed.

Isn't Shin Amano working at Granite?

arakwafan2006
05-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Any chance this topic can head back to it's original set of posts before it was hijacked by a certain poster? Each time I come in here it is with the hope that somehow this topic has veered back to Orser and Hanyu. Alas, it's just more conspiracy ... le sigh ... one can always hope, I guess.

Its not looking promising

fan
05-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Isn't Shin Amano working at Granite?

switched to the cricket this season

seabm7
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
switched to the cricket this season

This IS a piece of news to me! Thanks.

ratatouille
05-25-2012, 06:17 PM
You know, repeating the same set of "facts" over and over again doesn't make them any more true, or any more convincing.

:respec:

ratatouille
05-25-2012, 06:20 PM
And you clearly have no idea of the history between the Cricket Club and the Japanese federation which has been sending skaters to the Cricket Club and the Mariposa Club every summer since sometime in the 1990's in order to jump start their program. Other than the year SARS hit the GTA, there have been Japanese skaters competing at Thornhill every summer for as long as I've been going to Summer Skate, which was sometime in the late 1990's.

The Korean federation was actually emulating the Japanese federation in sending a large contingent of skaters to the Cricket Club when Yu-Na was training there, seeing how successful the Japanese summer program had been for their skaters.

This whole notion that anyone at the Cricket was sneaking around behind the backs of the Korean federation to entice the Japanese federation to send students is just laughable. The Cricket would be unlikely to blow off a long-standing relationship with the Japanese federation for just one skater, even if that skater was Yu-Na Kim.

True ! and totally Agree