PDA

View Full Version : Yuzuru Hanyu to be coached by Brian Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

Sylvia
05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
It's from a sports magazine called "Number" (the May edition) and written by Takaomi Matsubara.
Last night I asked the blogger about the source of the interview and this line was added later to the blog:

Source: Number 803号 2012年5月10日発売 独占インタビュー 松原孝臣 文 羽生結弦「恩返しの旅は続く 」
Thanks for translating it, allezfred (especially since I thought "Number" meant issue number!).

allezfred
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for translating it, allezfred (especially since I thought "Number" meant issue number!).

Yes, it is a little confusing. :lol:

kittyjake5
05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
yoko71 on tumblr has translated a new Yuzuru interview http://yoko71.tumblr.com/tagged/yuzuru-hanyu

Thank you for the link. Only a small mention of his coaching change in Part 9.
Seems like it was Hanyu's decision and Hanyu initiated the change to Orser.

Sparks
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
He DECIDED.

Willowway
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
The translation was terrific to read (thank you!). He sounds like a thoughtful and interesting young man. I look forward to watching him mature as a skater - he has a lot more to show us!

triple_toe
05-11-2012, 08:58 PM
He DECIDED.

:lol:

AJ Skatefan
05-11-2012, 09:55 PM
He DECIDED.

You're crazy Sparks. Don't you know that he's merely a pawn of the Japanese Federation, IMG, and Orser Konspiracy? :)

YukiNieve
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
This is an interesting article and I am glad that it has been translated into English.

In the end, he never even talked about the sprained ankle during Nice 2012.

“I didn’t want to let people know about it. Some workers and media people saw me with the ice,
but the team doctor and trainer covered up for me by telling them that the ice was for a preventive purpose.”

This episode - that he didn’t let anyone know about his injury
- reflects his personality. He didn’t want to reveal his weakness.

:)

Sparks
05-11-2012, 11:45 PM
You're crazy Sparks. Don't you know that he's merely a pawn of the Japanese Federation, IMG, and Orser Konspiracy? :)

:duh:

Ziggy
05-12-2012, 12:06 AM
He DECIDED.

Don't be so naive.

He's merely a puppet in the hands of the illuminati.

Sparks
05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
The Glitterati, perhaps.

Japanfan
05-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Including ongoing attempt to influence results that has nothing to do with what goes on the ice. Yes it does ruin my enjoyment of the sport, which I'd like to think is based on fairplay.

Why would you continue watching and following a sport if your enjoyment of it has been ruined?

RunnersHigh
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Why would you continue watching and following a sport if your enjoyment of it has been ruined?

No one could answer that.

Are you ALWAYS happy with your life? or Figure skating?
Never! ;)

And os168,
Its enough. The more you keep posting, the more you'd be bitten.
What Orser can do currently in skating world is just coaching skaters and he nvr stopped it since 2007. If he is real good at it, we could enjoy his pupil's success and Orser's performances beside the boards written in Japanese again. That would be great enjoy to me.

os168
05-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Uh.. look i don't write to win popularity contests, too independent and progressive for it. Nobody like complainers or whiners ... I get it! But I also know too much than to trust an agency vetoed interview released 3 WEEKS after after a controversial hire, a calculated move with the sole purpose to wait and weigh in public opinions, so the spinning doctors get their time to prep the answers, set the tone, and address them all directly in order to put everything to rest once and for all. Could have script it myself. The fact is this interview still directly contradict what Hanyu says in his recent published book, he wanted to stay in Japan to train.

While it is easy to understand he might leave Abe for someone like Plushenko (Which Plushenko confirmed been approached with alot of $$$), what is more likely to happen is once the negotiation set in motion, the agent will leverage someone like Plushy to get Hanyu come round to the idea having a coach outside Japan and train out there. Once he meet them half way, the rest usually falls in place in the hands of a very capable agent.

Do you really think he is going to say "Actually I am not sure at first because I just love to stay with Abe and want to stay in Japan, but someone told me I don't have to worry about money or ice time anymore if I could just pick from a coach from abroad. I picked Plushy. He said no, Orser is the only other one on their list, so I decide Orser." :lol:

You also do realise the agency's role include media briefing all their talents before any major interviews likely with a pep talk or a check list or dos and do nots? What do you really think Hanyu is going to really say in his situation? Bite the hands that feeds him? That kid is too mature, thoughtful and responsible for something like this. (That is why he could be an amazing spokes person for this sport.)

In any case, what is done is done. Good luck Hanyu and Orser! No point looking back, be good to each other... you are still the No.1 OGM prince! :summer:

(Can someone please tell me which agency signed Hanyu and when? PM is fine.. Cheers!)

overedge
05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
While it is easy to understand he might leave Abe for someone like Plushenko (Which Plushenko confirmed been approached with alot of $$$), what is more likely to happen is once the negotiation set in motion, the agent will leverage someone like Plushy to get Hanyu come round to the idea having a coach outside Japan and train out there.

:rofl: This is so beyond anything to do with reality that it's laughable.