PDA

View Full Version : Yuzuru Hanyu to be coached by Brian Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

seabm7
05-03-2012, 06:11 AM
I know Brian had long been an IMG client, which probably ended when he quit skating. IIRC, there was an article around May, 2010 that Orser signed a contract with IMG along with his students Rippon and Gao.

Yes, he quit show skating as a performer. But it is also possible that he might have kept his contract alive, having an open door to the show business world during 2007 - 2010.

ponta1
05-03-2012, 06:46 AM
entire post

Uh, sorry, sounds to me like you're trying to make a big conspiracy theory out of pure speculation on your part. I don't think there is anything evil going on with Brian, Mao, Miki, Hanyu, JSF or IMG. And despite your lengthy explanation, see no correlation between Yuna's breakup with Brian and the aforementioned Japanese skaters.

EricRohmer
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Uh, sorry, sounds to me like you're trying to make a big conspiracy theory out of pure speculation on your part. I don't think there is anything evil going on with Brian, Mao, Miki, Hanyu, JSF or IMG. And despite your lengthy explanation, see no correlation between Yuna's breakup with Brian and the aforementioned Japanese skaters.

Yes, no correlation with Japanese skaters(Mao, Miki, Hanyu etc.) themselves.

Just Orser-'JSF'-IMG connection.

RumbleFish
05-03-2012, 09:03 AM

There are conspiracy theories in this world, but it is also the case where some conspiracies theories turn out to be true..
So unless one can prove that such conspiracy doesn't exist, there is no point in dismissing conspiracy theories, in my opinion.

galaxy
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh, no!
Hanyu is only seventeen years old and he is a victim of the last year's TSUNAMI, he went through a lot of hardship last season, such as financial problems of his family and lack of training time and bases, but inspite of them all, this young boy still managed to win the Worlds bronze medal and gave courage and inspiration and hope to his fellow people who are also victims of the earthquakes and who are still suffering.

I feel happy about him getting opportunities to train abroad and as someone mentioned above, it will be a good inspiration for him to train with other elite skaters. Perhaps training abroad with other elite skaters may broaden his views of the world and may give him some opportunities to master some English as well. I admire him trying to balance school and training, I hear his record at school is pretty high, so it is understandable he doesn't want to give up on school and anyway he only has one year left before graduation. After he graduates, he can decide how and what he will focus on.

Mao lost her mother last year and then it became clear to us all that after Vancouber Olys, she was searching for a Japanes coach, since her mother's illness was getting serious at that time, so she couldn't leave Japan, and she didn't want to leave her mother.

It is quite shocking to me that some Yuna fans hijacked this thread and are again spreading their cospiracy theories (among Orser/IMG/JSF?) here and are sounding like thay are still implying that the true reason Yuna-Orser split was because Mao approched Orser, or her agent approaced him, or someone from IMG or JSF? approaced him to inquire him whether he had any intention to coach Mao.

RumbleFish
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh, no!

Oh stop pleading for sympathy.
Japan isn't the only country with earthquakes. Likewise, Miss Asada isn't the only person in the world to loose a parent.
You would want to set up a separate theread to mourn the losses since it has nothing to do with Hanyu's coaching change.

As for people bringing up Kim/Orser ordeal, it is perfectly suited for this thread.
It deals with Orser as a skating coach and his past relationships with his star pupil at the time and how it ended so ugly.

shine
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
There are conspiracy theories in this world, but it is also the case where some conspiracies theories turn out to be true..
So unless one can prove that such conspiracy doesn't exist, there is no point in dismissing conspiracy theories, in my opinion.
So what are the proves for creating conspiracy theories in the first place? :confused:

Yes, ask. I thought that Brian had been an IMG client for a long time before Yuna came along. If that's true than all that speculation about the breakup is questionable.
I don't think you realize that some people still think that figure skating didn't exist before Yuna :)

kittyjake5
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh stop pleading for sympathy.
Japan isn't the only country with earthquakes. Likewise, Miss Asada isn't the only person in the world to loose a parent.
You would want to set up a separate thread to mourn the losses since it has nothing to do with Hanyu's coaching change.

As for people bringing up Kim/Orser ordeal, it is perfectly suited for this thread.
It deals with Orser as a skating coach and his past relationships with his star pupil at the time and how it ended so ugly.

Oh please who are you to say what constitutes a relevant post in this thread.

gingercrush
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Quite frankly and I don't care if this is rude. But I cant wait till Kim disappears so all the Yuna-Bots disappear with her. What a bunch of very unpleasant people you have turned out to be. Not a great representation of Kim or Korea.

allezfred
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
If no-one has anything relevant to say besides rehashing Mao/Yuna wars, I can close this thread.

It's your choice everybody.

os168
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Huh? Brian has been, as far as I know, an IMG client for many many years taking him from his Olympic medal through a very active performing career. They've repped his whole show career and there has been lots of that. I am not clear that they have any financial interest in his coaching situations. As I said, I will ask so that we'll have some facts to discuss.

Yes please ask and confirm. Although it is fairly clear to me IMG didn't represent him as a coach before the Olympics, otherwise Yuna is unlikely to have gone to him business wise. Orser was not even a coach therefore not under the control of any agency's umbrella so there would be no conflict of interest with another skater or attempt of control, and ideally a suitable candidate because they can pay direct (more affordable too for someone with little funding).

If IMG did represent him, IMG would certainly have surcharged all his coaching business dealings during his entire coaching career. They haven't - simply because there was NO contract in place. However agency may spins this AFTER, it doesn't matter. It is as plain as night and day.

And just because someone might have represent you once upon a time, they are not entitled all your future career's earning whatever they say. That would be ridiculous since everyone is entitled to move away, move to any agency or go direct at any time.

Well hey, it wouldn't be the first speculation on these boards. ;)

Look I am not out to make anyone 'evil' (Don't know where you got that from, it is rather a 'george bush' ish comment) but I do recognize sport is also a business driven by profit, people's desires and needs. When in doubt, follow the paper trail and follow the money. It usually comes down to it in the end.

Figure skating as a sport has the characteristics like show business. It need talent, it need production, it need a stage to perform, it is about box office receipts and critical reviews. Money are invested, money are earned after (okay not always money, but also prestige, fame, etc.). Just like show business, skaters and coaches may be the public faces of the sports but the real influential people are likely the agents and the studios or who ever has the money to make things happen or gain the most.

Re: allezfred

This is my final post on this topic, sorry for cause some friction but it is inevitable. Will wait until the press conference, look forward to see how they spin this :)
Oh and I am not Korean!!
(although I am definately a Yunabot, as well a Hanyubot, Daisukebot, Kwanbot, Lambielbot, Plushybot, Abbottbot:lol:, Miraibot, Johnnybot part time Akikobot, Patrickbot, Lizabot, Alissabot, Juliabot. Just call me bot Operation System 1.68 - I wear it proudly!)

t.mann
05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I have just discovered that last season Hanyu had never gotten edge calls on his flip jump, whereas during 2010~11 season he had gotten consistently(maybe 6~8 times?) 'e' call on flip.
Wow, coach Abe seems to have done a great job for Hanyu's jumps(4T,3A,fixing 3F etc.).

a56
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Quite frankly and I don't care if this is rude. But I cant wait till Kim disappears so all the Yuna-Bots disappear with her. What a bunch of very unpleasant people you have turned out to be. Not a great representation of Kim or Korea.
Yeah that is very rude, Mao-bot. You are also extremely unpleasant in this post, so who are you to criticize others when you're doing the exact same thing? :P Joke, don't get your panties in a twist.

Anyways, who cares about what Orser does? He's moved on to other skaters, and that's fine by me.

nana7045
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I have just discovered that last season Hanyu had never gotten edge calls on his flip jump, whereas during 2010~11 season he had gotten consistently(maybe 6~8 times?) 'e' call on flip.
Wow, coach Abe seems to have done a great job for Hanyu's jumps(4T,3A,fixing 3F etc.).

There is also a jump coach in Hanyu's homerink.
His name is Soshi Tanaka. I remember he was a good jumper.
Hanyu had learned jump technique mainly from him.

Sylvia
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
There is also a jump coach in Hanyu's homerink.
His name is Soshi Tanaka. I remember he was a good jumper.
Hanyu had learned jump technique mainly from him.
Thanks, nana7045. I remember that name! Here's Soshi Tanaka's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00002074.htm
His bio's competitive history begins in 2000, but Tanaka's first Junior Worlds was in 1999 where he had his highest placement, 6th: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_World_Junior_Figure_Skating_Championships#Men