PDA

View Full Version : Riazanova & Tkachenko Cheer thread

Pages : [1] 2

DaiKozOda
04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
From all the senior russian ice-dance couples, Riazanova & Tkachenko seem to have the most interesting dances. They still have to work hard to make their way to the top and to be regarded as contenders. Still, I find them great to watch.

What do you think about Riazanova & Tkachenko?

Plus, please post here all updates and articles about them.

blue_idealist
04-24-2012, 03:38 AM
I like them but they seem to not have the charisma/crowd appeal of Elena/Nikita.. although Ekaterina/Dmitri are lacking in this too.. actually Riazanova/Tkachenko are my favourite of the current Russian ice dance teams.

lmarie086
04-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Yes! I like them a lot! They certainly have room to grow as an ice dance team, but I'm rooting for them to make that progress. Tckachenko is :inavoid: (his skating, too :P ) and Riazanova is beautiful. She does have a lot to improve on, but I think she's made solid improvement since they became a team. I agree that they have the best dances, and I hope that's a trend that continues.

They are going to Canton for the summer, no? I think I remember reading that but I wasn't sure and I can't seem to find the article at the moment. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

PashaFan
04-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Thank you for starting this thread. I thought I was the only one who loved these.
She kinda reminds me of a young Marina Anissina.
I first saw her at Junior Worlds in 09'.
I don't think they are bland at all. I thought their SD this season was one of the best.
I really hope they improve next season as they are so much better IMO than Bob/Sol.

Moka-Ananas
04-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I like them a lot. Probably even best of all the current Russian Ice Dance teams right now (love I/K but I probably will never forgive that they left Zhulin :drama:).
It's a pity they don't have any political power :/
Their SD in 10/11 was my favorite one, so :swoon: and Tkachenko is the new king of OTT emoting :rofl:

Finnice
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I like them, I only hope that they will get more modern programs next season.
Tkachenko´s OTT emoting entertains me a lot:lol:

ice9
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh I love them. I've quite liked Tkachenko since he was skating with Gorshkova and won a World Juniors bronze medal. :D I'm glad he has survived several partner changes and could team up with Riazanova. So go R/T! :cheer2:

julieann
04-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I really enjoy watching them and hope they move up the rankings this year.

DaiKozOda
04-24-2012, 10:18 PM
They are going to Canton for the summer, no? I think I remember reading that but I wasn't sure and I can't seem to find the article at the moment. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I read about that as well. At first I thought that they had switched coaches but apparently Gorshkov will travel to Canton with them. I hope they learn a lot with S&Z! I believe that with the right package they can make the move.

In the meanwhile here's a video to their SD at Skate America 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrcbr_v3E-8&feature=related

Beautiful!

caseyedwards
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I forgot about that 2010-2011 SD. That is where R/T looked the best and gave them deserved attention. I don't know about political power but level power is needed. There really isn't any reasons that they should get level ones on nearly every spin, step sequence, and lifts they do sometimes.

Proustable
04-25-2012, 03:43 AM
I think their 2011/2012 FD was one of the finest of the year. If Tarkovsky choreographed figure skating, I think he'd do something like that.

DaiKozOda
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Here is the link that quiqie posted on the russian figure skating thread:
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120424/593415258.html

Pratfall
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
I love this team, and this is exactly the move I had hoped for them. ;)

I felt sure the Russian Fed would try again ,after the K/A attempt was ended by injury, and I've been murmuring " Please let it be R/T " ever since.

To me , they have more of the aura of a couple than either B/S or I/K..There's something intangible ,hard to articulate that sets them apart , and it's been very sad to me that their potential wasn't being realized.

I wish them the best , and expect good things.

IoanaC
04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I think their 2011/2012 FD was one of the finest of the year. If Tarkovsky choreographed figure skating, I think he'd do something like that.

That's an interesting idea... Now that you've mentioned it, yes, I think the music especially fits the mood of Tarkovsky's films.

I like Riazanova and Tkachenko - he's an excellent skater (though I still have a problem with his OTT emoting:D) and she's very beautiful, but they have a number a problems, like the lack of speed and her poor skating skills, both of which are very obvious when you watch them live. Not sure Zueva and Shpilband can solve the latter.

DaiKozOda
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
With all the mess that happened in Canton, does anybody have a clue if Riazanova&Tkachenko are still in the USA?