PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68

jl22aries
05-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Hmm, that endorphin buzz could be from all the free chocolate....

But really, it's gotta be from meeting them.

Proustable
05-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Lovely, lovely post. Thank you (and it's nice to read such unfettered enthusiasm after some comments made in the "confess your sins" thread).

(I use Photobucket for my photo sharing needs, but there are a lot of sites available)

iggie
05-18-2012, 03:25 AM
that was such an amazing post! i'm so glad you got to meet them and it went so well

Shayii
05-18-2012, 03:30 AM
It was AMAZING!!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I MUST write while it is fresh, and share with you. Oh god I'm still buzzing on some miraculous contact high, it's like they exude this something and I got a quick hit of it and can I just say the drive home was...hazy.

I got there 15 minutes early and there was a great little crowd, sizeable enough to feel jolly but not so unmanageably large. They really took their time with every one and so about an hour in we made it to the front of the line and there's Kurt! Incredibly personable, shaking hands with every one. He asked me if we had met before. To which I answered yes, once, when I was a precocious tweener. And then there were the two. Glowing. Gorgeous. I mean, it's all just impressions now, their faces, what they were wearing, their expressions, what was said. I do know that I had this strong urge to touch Scott's face. His skin is really beautiful. Funny,...that's what I'm remembering.

So I didn't pre amble. I told them it was such a pleasure meeting them both. We may have shaken hands? And then I took out the card and said it was this collection of messages, quotes and well wishes from some of their fans through the web, that it was this gesture that couldn't even begin to represent the love and support and appreciation there is for them. And both of them were genuinely, spontaneously moved. Tessa took the card and started looking through it, and the more she did, the more excited she seemed. Both of them didn't seem to be able to believe that we did this for them. And she kept repeating how she couldn't wait to read it all.

I have to say thank you all of you, for contributing. The card had...lots of messages. And I handwrote them all out with different colours. Tessa asked me if I had scribed it all myself, to which I admitted to being technologically daft so it was old school all the way, to which they both seemed to approve and prefer... that it was somehow more personal. Both were just so truly appreciative that I felt,... really really good. Tessa became a little emotional. Slightly teary. I went to take a picture with them around the table and she said to wait a moment because she wanted to hug me. And then Scott said "me too!!!!". And I said, "I just died a little bit inside...just a little bit...."

They then helped put both their Olympic medals on me. And we took a picture.

Tessa and Scott had already signed the postcards I had brought for them to sign, but as I was turning to go, Tessa said to wait because she wanted to sign an official photo of the two of them (they had a pile on the table for everyone to take) and she wrote the sweetest message on it saying how appreciative she was for the heartfelt support and how extremely grateful they both were.

And of course I took a picture of the card before I gave it to them. I'll have to figure out how to share it with you guys. I'm not on any photo sharing sites, so...does anyone have a suggestion what I should do?

And I'm really sorry HSGP, I didn't get your message in time :( Sorry!

AHHHH. So happy.
Oh Jess that's amazing!! I was thinking about your meeting with them the whole day and hoping it was everything you imagined it would be!! Your report makes me feel like I was there and the fact that they were so appreciative too...I think I'll ride that high with you lol. I can't believe they're gonna read what I wrote lol.

Also I would tell you to try yfrog cuz no registration is required, but you need to have a twitter account. I'm not really computer savvy either.

One more thing, which picture (official photo) of the them did they sign for you?

Bournekraatzfan
05-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Jess, you are adorable! I absolutely love your post! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, and of course for taking the time to allow us to convey our praise and well wishes to them (in multi-colour, no less:) ). I am so happy you had such a special interaction with them! I agree with Shayii, your account is so vivid that I feel like I was there with you. I am so happy that they appreciated the gesture so much...awww, Tessa got teary? They seem so lovely. and omg, you got to wear their medals and take pics with them! What a special memory:)

btw, you totally should have touched Scott's face and said "I love your funny face..." ;)

Thank you again for taking the time to do this and for writing such a lovely report. I hope you have a wonderful time at the show tomorrow:)

flowerpower
05-18-2012, 03:55 AM
Glad you had the chance to meet them! From what I've seen (at many competitions), they are very friendly and down-to-earth when approached by fans, and very appreciative of the support they receive.

It's tough to continue on after an OGM - there's such pressure from the media to win, and criticism from various quarters is inevitable. I'm proud of them for continuing to put themselves out there despite that pressure (and by doing so, creating beauty for lovers of skating to enjoy :)).

Bournekraatzfan
05-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Lovely, lovely post. Thank you (and it's nice to read such unfettered enthusiasm after some comments made in the "confess your sins" thread).

(I use Photobucket for my photo sharing needs, but there are a lot of sites available)

You mean the unabashed hate thread (for some)? I agree, so, so nice to read this. what a special moment.

I don't know much about social media, but if photobucket doesn't work out, I have seen many people using Flickr. I don't know how user-friendly it is, or anything...it just seems to be popular. I look forward to reading the rest of the card:)

jl22aries
05-18-2012, 04:08 AM
You mean the unabashed hate thread (for some)? I agree, so, so nice to read this. what a special moment.

I don't know much about social media, but if photobucket doesn't work out, I have seen many people using Flickr. I don't know how user-friendly it is, or anything...it just seems to be popular. I look forward to reading the rest of the card:)

Oh gosh I didn't mean to mislead, but I didn't take any page-for-page photos of the card because, I have to say, some of the messages were so beautifully, intensely personal I felt a little intrusive even for being the messenger. So I just got a nice general shot of the card. Hope you understand!

Alright, I shall look into Flickr and the like. Will upload some of the pictures I got of the two of them as well.

Bournekraatzfan
05-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Oh gosh I didn't mean to mislead, but I didn't take any page-for-page photos of the card because, I have to say, some of the messages were so beautifully, intensely personal I felt a little intrusive even for being the messenger. So I just got a nice general shot of the card. Hope you understand!

Alright, I shall look into Flickr and the like. Will upload some of the pictures I got of the two of them as well.

ah, sorry, of course. You didn't mislead, I just misinterpreted;) That makes complete sense.

I am so glad you had such a great time. Thank you again for sharing with us. can't wait to see the pics! :)

Golightly
05-18-2012, 05:28 AM
jl22aries, I confess I teared up a bit myself after reading your beautiful post. I'm happy Tessa was so touched, but mostly? I am happy for you. Thank you so, so much for doing this. I, sadly, could not send a message because I have been so busy lately, but just reading your post fills me with so much joy. It's just so incredible how we all come from different parts of the world, yet we have this love for the sport and for this magnificent team to bring us all together. I love coming here, thank you again, jl22aries!.

tapper88
05-18-2012, 06:13 AM
I went to the Meet and Greet too! Jess, I was the first one in line, wearing blue and a pink scarf. Did you see me? Anyways, here is my review of my Meet and Greet. It was so amazing.

Wow, you guys!! I just got back from my Meet and Greet. It was unbelivable!!! After getting there ridiculously early, my friend and I just ended up chatting, finally we got to meet them. Kurt was a surprise guest (yay!). They are so wonderful and really easy to talk to! I kept hearing Tessa is really quiet, but she wasn't with me. My friend and I gave her a birthday card, which she seemed to really enjoy

We talked about Halleluagh, and if they're going to keep it next year. Tessa said they might use it for the Grand Prix next year (I guess their exhibition). I said I love watching it and she said they love skating it.

I also told them, as a dancer, they're so inspirational. Tessa looked interested and she asked me what kind, so I said tap and lyrical. She said she finds us inspirational, and they take a lot of what they do from dance.

I got them to sign the hand-holding picture (which apparently is Kate Virtue's favourite), and the Jack and Diane one at the end of the book. Tessa said, "Oh I love this picture!" I told them we were going to Stars on Ice and they said to have a really good time.

Anyways, I had to go back in line to wait for another friend, who couldn't get there early (her name is Tessa too!). Tessa V was like "Hello again!" very cheerily. I thought they'd forget me, lol, but they didn't. She loved the fact she was meeting another Tessa, and they compared earrings. We just ended up chatting to them another time (she remembered the scrapbook we made for her, with the CD's. She said they loved it!). I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but they were just so warm and friendly.

Oh, and I got to take a picture with them holding their medal! It was so amazing. Apparently they can tell theirs apart because Scott dropped his

Ahh, best day of my life and I'm soooo happy I finally got to meet them. And I wasn't even shy at all!

jdcmc
05-18-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm just back from a trip and catching up on ALOT of stuff it seems.

It was AMAZING!!!!!!!

jl22aries I'm so glad you had a great time! Just thrilled that they continue to be so sweet and caring with their fans and I hope all the positive energy pushes them onwards.

I'm so sad I didn't get to pass on a message but really happy that they were moved by the support from everyone here.

I honestly hope that only these types of positive messages make it to Tess and Scott because some of the other things said on this site and other are too horrible to be borne.

There's being able to express your opinion and then just using a thread to spew vitriol and negativity.

I'm around the same age as Tess & Scott and I wouldn't dream of retiring from an occupation I loved and excelled at, merely because I had already achieved major success.

If I had passed on a message I would want them to know how many people love their committment to creating something beautiful everytime they step on the ice and pushing themselves to explore and develop their talent further.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Shayii
05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I went to the Meet and Greet too! Jess, I was the first one in line, wearing blue and a pink scarf. Did you see me? Anyways, here is my review of my Meet and Greet. It was so amazing...

Liz I read your recount on FF and I'm so happy for you too! There have been so many stories today of people meeting them and saying it was the best day ever. I'm glad you guys got to have this experience! Everybody going to the show tomorrow, have a blast and you guys need to share reports/reviews when you get back.

jdcmc I hope you had an amazing trip!

walei
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
WOW jl22aries you hand written the messages??! You deserve all the hugs and kisses and praises!! Glad you had a wonderful experience, and thank you so much for sharing it with us!

jl22aries
05-18-2012, 08:54 AM
:lol: I don't own a printer! And the thought of copy/pasting, font decisions, layout, the USB and then schlepp to Staples...shudder....it just seemed so much funner to kick it yearbook style all mishmashed and multi coloured.

Shay it is a photo of them in killian (I think) from their waltz CD Worlds 2010. I'll take a photo of it and share that as well.

Tapper I didn't notice you, aw man. But I was in this super schitzed out zone. And also having a really interesting conversation with a lady standing in front of me whom is related to Lowe of Wing and Lowe.

For those of you whom are adding messages now...you know we could always start collecting messages for the next card. I'm sure another representative would step up the next time there's an opportunity to meet VM again.

I'm so glad for your incredible feedback. I want to emphasize what a pleasure it was for me to transcribe the notes, and how wonderful it was to read every single one of them. Your stories were amazing, so unique, and it was really really cool to get a sense of how diverse and international the fanbase is. We have a really multicultural, multiaged group here. Super lucky!