PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Bournekraatzfan
05-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Thank you for offering to do this, jl22aries--that is very sweet of you:)

Gosh, like Shayii, I would like to send them a little message but am finding it difficult to put my thoughts into words...

I love the idea of compiling quotes, and I agree with what you said about individual voices. Perhaps the thing I most want them to know is how much some of their fans loved and appreciated Funny Face. and, of course, I want them to see iggie's :kickass: blog. I am sure they will be impressed by the amount of work and touched by the amount of heart she puts into it.

and I think Emdee was making light of the fact that some of us (myself included) are so intent on getting our music suggestions to them ;)

Thanks again for doing this, and I hope you enjoy the meet'n'greet and show:)

Bournekraatzfan
05-15-2012, 09:47 PM
One more last observation on SOI and it is totally speculation on my part. I agree with other posters that we may not ever truly know the current status of Tessa's legs but I was very encouraged that at the end of a fairly difficult season with lots of revamps of both of their programs that they presented two new exhibition skates. I know they did perform "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" at Worlds but it has come a long way since then and "Hallelujah" is gorgeous. I would have been happy to see a shortened version of FF but that is not what they chose to do. Both of the new programs looked polished and very well skated. I hope that is a sign that they do not have to save Tessa's legs like they have in the past. Fingers crossed!

Yes, and plus their different method of stroking using different muscles has probably made a difference for her (them) too. It's very encouraging.

ITA! I can't believe they were in so many different numbers at this show and that they chose to do two new ex numbers (or at least, relatively new in the case of ANMHE, as you have said) after a season that was so long and tiring for the reasons you both have mentioned (I mean, getting used to a new style of stroking on top of program revisions? what a season!). I definitely see that, along with the fact that they (especially Tessa) seem to be having a blast, as a good sign :)

maggylyn
05-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking of heading out to New West for their Lindt meet n' greet on the 17th. I've never done the line up and get an autograph deal before, so I have no idea what to expect. Do you guys think I should plan to get there early?

It would be really great to compile a card of fan messages to pass on to them. Thought it would be nice for them to get a small glimpse of what a special impact they have on us.

Do you like the idea? If so, I'll obviously need your help so let me know what I can quote, if you'd like to remain anon or credited your screen name, etc etc. You can PM me if you'd prefer.

I remembered Tessa talking about receiving something similar, and I found the link:

http://www.allthatskate.com/2010LA/media/news_detail.php?bbs_data=aWR4PTIxJmNvZGU9ZQ%3D%3D| |

It sounds like some fans already had the same idea. :)

zilam98
05-16-2012, 01:20 AM
Yes, and plus their different method of stroking using different muscles has probably made a difference for her (them) too. It's very encouraging.

ok, people keep quoting v/m about a different method/s of stroking, but can anyone actually describe how they are doing it or what the changes are?

Simone411
05-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Just want to thank everyone for all the photos, animation gifs, and videos!

sap5
05-16-2012, 01:27 AM
ok, people keep quoting v/m about a different method/s of stroking, but can anyone actually describe how they are doing it or what the changes are?

This was the article that said the most about it. For more, I'd think you'd have to ask Tessa herself.
http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/617087--virtue-doesn-t-have-time-for-the-pain

Shayii
05-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Weaver and Poje tweeted that they were going golfing and bike riding in Victoria, but then Ashley Wagner referenced that the whole cast was. I hope they had fun, but I wonder what Tessa was doing during the "bike rides" since she doesn't know how to ride lol.

I love the idea of compiling quotes, and I agree with what you said about individual voices. Perhaps the thing I most want them to know is how much some of their fans loved and appreciated Funny Face. and, of course, I want them to see iggie's :kickass: blog. I am sure they will be impressed by the amount of work and touched by the amount of heart she puts into it.

Wait, I'm confused are we doing quotes or messages? Or can you do either one you want? JJl22aries, which do you prefer?

I remembered Tessa talking about receiving something similar, and I found the link:

http://www.allthatskate.com/2010LA/media/news_detail.php?bbs_data=aWR4PTIxJmNvZGU9ZQ%3D%3D| |

Oh yea, I remember now. It was fans on FF and LJ communities. I didn't visit either sites then, or FSU for that matter, but I remember reading posts about it when I finally was a member and I would go back to read old threads and posts. I'm going to try to find the link for it.

ETA: Here it is! (http://virtuemoir.livejournal.com/89414.html) I really think Tessa and Scott have amazing fans to put time and effort into doing something like this for them.

zilam98
05-16-2012, 02:39 AM
This was the article that said the most about it. For more, I'd think you'd have to ask Tessa herself.
http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/617087--virtue-doesn-t-have-time-for-the-pain

yeah right. i thought there would be ubers here who would know better

jl22aries
05-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Wait, I'm confused are we doing quotes or messages? Or can you do either one you want? JJl22aries, which do you prefer?

Write anything you want! Just a personal message and it doesn't even have to be very long.

I love that you guys are being so thoughtful about this! But seriously, don't stress over it! Write from your heart anything you'd want them to know.

tapper88
05-16-2012, 07:19 AM
I was actually the one that came up with the scrapbook idea, a few years ago, and then another person compiled the stuff together and gave it to Tessa and Scott :P

I'm sure they'd love another one though.

jl22aries
05-16-2012, 07:35 AM
So I've started collecting some messages already. I've given the card the heading "Tessa and Scott - Some messages and quotes collected from an online community of your fans; we love you, we're behind you, and we thank you!"

Would love to hear from more of you so keep the messages coming! You've got....around 36 hours more.

Tapper88 that scrapbook looks amazing!

tapper88
05-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't take credit for the presentation (it did look amazing), but at least the idea was mine! I'm sure they'll love a collection of messages too :)

Shayii
05-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Write anything you want! Just a personal message and it doesn't even have to be very long.

I love that you guys are being so thoughtful about this! But seriously, don't stress over it! Write from your heart anything you'd want them to know.
Thank you so much!! I send you a PM with the note. IDK I don't like it cuz I feel like it does not reflect what I really feel, but it'll have to do I guess. Thanks again though really appreciate it!!!

I was actually the one that came up with the scrapbook idea, a few years ago, and then another person compiled the stuff together and gave it to Tessa and Scott :P

I'm sure they'd love another one though.
Aww that was nice of you guys. You guys (especially the person that put it all together) did an amazing job!

ETA: jl22aries that heading is great! Again I can't say thank you enough.

pingu
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM

I think the difference is not in the movement itself, but more in the muscles that Tessa uses. Before this season she was using more her shins and calf muscles to do strokes, now she puts more effort in the movement from her glutei (not sure if that is the prural of gluteus...) and thighs.

twinktwink
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
So I've started collecting some messages already. I've given the card the heading "Tessa and Scott - Some messages and quotes collected from an online community of your fans; we love you, we're behind you, and we thank you!"

Would love to hear from more of you so keep the messages coming! You've got....around 36 hours more.

Tapper88 that scrapbook looks amazing!

I've just sent you my message. It was so hard to figure out what I wanted to say. I know I would have left out loads of what I could have said to them but if I'd written it all down then it would have become a letter :lol: I'm so thankful for the opportunity to get any words to them at all though. The heading that you've chosen for the card is perfect. Thanks again :)