PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

jl22aries
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm thinking of heading out to New West for their Lindt meet n' greet on the 17th. I've never done the line up and get an autograph deal before, so I have no idea what to expect. Do you guys think I should plan to get there early?

It would be really great to compile a card of fan messages to pass on to them. Thought it would be nice for them to get a small glimpse of what a special impact they have on us.

Do you like the idea? If so, I'll obviously need your help so let me know what I can quote, if you'd like to remain anon or credited your screen name, etc etc. You can PM me if you'd prefer.

Emdee
05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Love the idea of fan messages.
How about 2 cards - one of messages and one with suggesed music!

Shall think what I want to say.

twinktwink
05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm thinking of heading out to New West for their Lindt meet n' greet on the 17th. I've never done the line up and get an autograph deal before, so I have no idea what to expect. Do you guys think I should plan to get there early?

It would be really great to compile a card of fan messages to pass on to them. Thought it would be nice for them to get a small glimpse of what a special impact they have on us.

Do you like the idea? If so, I'll obviously need your help so let me know what I can quote, if you'd like to remain anon or credited your screen name, etc etc. You can PM me if you'd prefer.

That's a great idea and so sweet of you to think of all of us and make the suggestion :) I'm going to have a think about a message, thank you :)

Shayii
05-15-2012, 01:15 AM

Aww that's cute. I think it's a great idea. Thanks for offering to do it.

Macassar88
05-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Love the idea of fan messages.
How about 2 cards - one of messages and one with suggesed music!

Shall think what I want to say.
I don't know about the suggested music thing just because I think that it feels a bit intrusive and may detract from the meaning of the other card. Anyway, you can suggest music to them through Skate Canada. (Many posters have already done that).

aka_gerbil
05-15-2012, 02:16 AM
I'd say that the better bet for a second card would be a birthday card for Tessa. :)

Macassar88
05-15-2012, 02:16 AM

I think this is a great idea.
Another idea we might do is have a sort of letter that we all work on that mixes certain things that we all think with some quotes from users etc. That way some things don't end up sounding repetitive.

jl22aries
05-15-2012, 02:37 AM
I think this is a great idea.
Another idea we might do is have a sort of letter that we all work on that mixes certain things that we all think with some quotes from users etc. That way some things don't end up sounding repetitive.

I was imagining the strong impact of a quotes layout because it really helps create the feeling that this is a collection of their fans' individual voices, and even if there is a little repetition, I think that adds to the effect of there being both varied opinions as well as some consensus. Actually, my hope was to collect messages that were somewhat more personal, about the first time you saw them skate, what their skating means to you or how their programs make you feel, or maybe what you appreciate about them. In this way, I don't think there would be so much redundancy in the messages.

We have a few days, so I'm looking forward to hearing from you! It'd be great for all the VM fans here to participate!

Also, you are welcome to pm me if you want your location to be quoted next to your name. Only if you're comfortable with it. Thought VM would love to see how diverse their fanbase is.

Oh, and also I'm not super comfortable with giving them music selections. Hope you understand!

marikat
05-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Toronto Stars on Ice photos by Tina Tyan http://www.kurtfiles.com/pics/event.php?id=2012%2FToronto+Stars+on+Ice&search=

puglover
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Wow, jl22aries, what a great idea to compile fans messages for Tessa and Scott. I know they have a ton of people who love their skating but probably are not as obsessed with it as we are.

One more last observation on SOI and it is totally speculation on my part. I agree with other posters that we may not ever truly know the current status of Tessa's legs but I was very encouraged that at the end of a fairly difficult season with lots of revamps of both of their programs that they presented two new exhibition skates. I know they did perform "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" at Worlds but it has come a long way since then and "Hallelujah" is gorgeous. I would have been happy to see a shortened version of FF but that is not what they chose to do. Both of the new programs looked polished and very well skated. I hope that is a sign that they do not have to save Tessa's legs like they have in the past. Fingers crossed!

clarie
05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, and plus their different method of stroking using different muscles has probably made a difference for her (them) too. It's very encouraging.

Golightly
05-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Whoever took the time to do this is a most kind person. Thank so much!
http://ohyeahvirtuemoirgifs.tumblr.com/post/22265074867/a-life-loved-x

I feel like I have missed a lot, but I was looking at these wonderful pictures: here (http://www.kurtfiles.com/pics/program.php?id=Hallelujah+-+Tessa+Virtue+%26+Scott+Moir&event=2012%2FToronto+Stars+on+Ice&search=) (it is okay to link to them, right? I am not violating any copyrights or anything, no? LOL) Anyway, I was looking at those and surely, surely they must know there's something special there, right? RIGHT? Something they could use for, say, an actual program? Look at the picture on the third row, second to last, my god, her face! This needs to go somewhere. I know they came up with two exos for Stars on Ice, but there's material there. I am not saying they should skate to Hallelujah, but maybe take from that program and build something more?

On the subject of the short dance, my knowledge on the Yankee Polka is very limited, like, neuroscience-limited so I was wondering, is this something they could use for a dance like that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReu4etTTVs

Again, thank you to those who have shared with us their SOI experience, that is very nice of you! I am happy you had the chance to go and see them in person, it is a unique experience. You are able to see the way they move and how in sync they are with one another. Not that you cannot see that on TV, but it is more evident when you see them in person. I wish I could see them again, but it is not looking very likely :( Anyway, thank you again, guys! Oh! And I think the idea of giving Tessa and Scott messages from fans is very good! Isn't Tessa's birthday later this month?

Macassar88
05-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Tessa's birthday is in two days
May 17

Shayii
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
And I think the idea of giving Tessa and Scott messages from fans is very good! Isn't Tessa's birthday later this month?
It's this Thursday. Somebody on the facebook page is going to the meet and greet too on Thursday and bought her a Juicy Couture perfume. I thought that was really sweet. Anyways I'm trying to write a message, but it's proving to be more of a challenge than I thought. I feel like I can't put into words what I want to say to them :(.

pani
05-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all reviews and photos! I am glad you all had a great time! :)
Like this one
http://www.kurtfiles.com/images/photos/2012/Toronto%20Stars%20on%20Ice/IMG_1617.jpg
I like they use more simple lifts and its fit so good with music :) Not sure they could mad ethis in competitive programs, because they need to have level 4, but this give more air in dance.

And i like this moment in Rolling in the Deep
http://www.kurtfiles.com/images/photos/2012/Toronto%20Stars%20on%20Ice/IMG_1834.jpg
Like Tessa-SCott fighting :D And Tessa made such a great jump before this move ;)
And i am hally to see they all time try to improve new exibitions in CSOI.