PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
last of my V&M SOI thoughts (sorry if I am rambling--not much time these last few days, so I couldn't write everything all at once):

Tessa and Scott were so perfect for this show because they not only performed really well in their own numbers but also in the ensemble numbers. They work so well in groups, as they never get lost in them but they also do not call all the attention to themselves (although my attention is often drawn to them). They really connect with the other skaters, and they direct their energy towards the group and the audience.
I also think this show really highlighted their versatility, as they were in so many numbers that had different styles of music and choreography and they rocked them all. They just know how to move, and everything they did looked so natural. These two feel the music in their bones.

Tessa was just awesome in the women’s number, “Good Feeling.” I love this song, and found the choreography really interesting. She had great energy and her timing was awesome. She seemed to be so comfortable with the choreography that she could just let go and dance. I especially love how she showed the contrast between the short quick steps that correspond to the quicker tempo and the longer and slower movements that accompany the breaks and longer notes in the music. Tessa has little things she does with her neck and shoulders that accentuate what she is doing with the rest of her body. As pani said, she is a real star!

In the “Up” ensemble number, Tessa’s eyes widen when Scott picks her up and the way she protests is so cute. And Scott’s surprise and delight at the news came through clearly. I had a really good view of their faces, and was so impressed at how they acted out this scene. And they captured the lilt of the music beautifully. Also, when they were making their exit, they softened their steps to capture the fade out of the music. Their steps were so perfectly timed to the music—they seemed to finish stepping down at the exact time the note concluded (I thought of you, Golightly, when I was watching this part).

In one part of the “Rolling In the Deep” number, some of the skaters stopped in front of the end of the rink I was facing (right in front of the people with on-ice seats) and Tessa was just beaming. She was smiling so much she was almost laughing--you could tell she was really enjoying herself.

I hope tapper88, jl22aries, The Accordion, and everyone else who will be attending have a wonderful time! I look forward to reading your thoughts on the show:)

Bournekraatzfan
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you HSGP21 and Shayii for the links to the photos! And thank you also, Shayii, for posting all those montages with the descriptions. I really enjoyed that.

btw, clarie, you were a singer? so cool!

re: The Body Shop: I have a feeling that was a one-off appearance as they were there to promote the launch of body butter duos. Since Tessa and Scott are two people who fit together so well, they were the perfect people to do this.

twinktwink
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
last of my V&M SOI thoughts (sorry if I am rambling--not much time these last few days, so I couldn't write everything all at once):

Tessa and Scott were so perfect for this show because they not only performed really well in their own numbers but also in the ensemble numbers. They work so well in groups, as they never get lost in them but they also do not call all the attention to themselves (although my attention is often drawn to them). They really connect with the other skaters, and they direct their energy towards the group and the audience.
I also think this show really highlighted their versatility, as they were in so many numbers that had different styles of music and choreography and they rocked them all. They just know how to move, and everything they did looked so natural. These two feel the music in their bones.

Tessa was just awesome in the women’s number, “Good Feeling.” I love this song, and found the choreography really interesting. She had great energy and her timing was awesome. She seemed to be so comfortable with the choreography that she could just let go and dance. I especially love how she showed the contrast between the short quick steps that correspond to the quicker tempo and the longer and slower movements that accompany the breaks and longer notes in the music. Tessa has little things she does with her neck and shoulders that accentuate what she is doing with the rest of her body. As pani said, she is a real star!

In the “Up” ensemble number, Tessa’s eyes widen when Scott picks her up and the way she protests is so cute. And Scott’s surprise and delight at the news came through clearly. I had a really good view of their faces, and was so impressed at how they acted out this scene. And they captured the lilt of the music beautifully. Also, when they were making their exit, they softened their steps to capture the fade out of the music. Their steps were so perfectly timed to the music—they seemed to finish stepping down at the exact time the note concluded (I thought of you, Golightly, when I was watching this part).

In one part of the “Rolling In the Deep” number, some of the skaters stopped in front of the end of the rink I was facing (right in front of the people with on-ice seats) and Tessa was just beaming. She was smiling so much she was almost laughing--you could tell she was really enjoying herself.

I hope tapper88, jl22aries, The Accordion, and everyone else who will be attending have a wonderful time! I look forward to reading your thoughts on the show:)

Thank you and don't worry you're not rambling, its been great of you to share so much detail with the rest of us :)

clarie
05-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Thnx so much BKfan for the indepth report. It was almost like being there :).

Yes, I sang for 20 years and it was cool to do that sort of thing at the time. It was the school of life.

I must say that I've really enjoyed all the links and reports from all of you. This thread is terrific and what wonderful fans Tessa and Scott have. Brava.....all of you.:)

The Accordion
05-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Roots never outfitted Skate Canada. .

Roots definitely did outfit Skate Canada - for the 2004 Nationals for sure and I think there were others? I know because Roots was taking orders for the same jackets that the athletes had that year.

girlscouse62
05-09-2012, 07:38 AM
They outfitted for the Olys and 2010 Worlds as well. Tess and Scott were wearing Roots gear at just about every interview that they did during that time.

lavenderblue
05-09-2012, 07:48 AM
They outfitted for the Olys and 2010 Worlds as well. Tess and Scott were wearing Roots gear at just about every interview that they did during that time.

There's also this (http://buzz.roots.com/2010/03/team-canada-at-the-world-figure-skating-championships.html).

VarBar
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Bkf could't agree with you more. I just couldn't take my eyes off Tessa's sensual wavy body and arm moves as seen in this part of the number until mark 0:54. I really had to watch the dance several times to be able to focus on the other ladies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4LboHZ_7qOE#t=25s

Without meaning to offend Kaitlyn whom I actually like, I don't think it would be difficult for anyone to notice the gap between Tessa and her in terms of precision of movement and stroking as well as elegance of posture during the dance, sorry to say that, Massimo.;) Tessa is the goddess of ice dancing.:swoon:

At first, Cynthia falling right after Tessa's fall made me think both falls were in fact part of Kurt's choreographic concept in this routine.:lol: Are there any videos of Good Feeling available from other cities CSOI has toured so far?

A big Thank You to all those who shared their thoughts of the show after seeing it live, lucky you.

Golightly
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Tessa has little things she does with her neck and shoulders that accentuate what she is doing with the rest of her body. As pani said, she is a real star!

Also, when they were making their exit, they softened their steps to capture the fade out of the music. Their steps were so perfectly timed to the music—they seemed to finish stepping down at the exact time the note concluded (I thought of you, Golightly, when I was watching this part).

That is why I often say Tessa doesn't get enough credit. Her dancing is a series of elegant, natural, and yet very well thought out movements. No one out there uses her body better: the way she uses her arms and back, and the lines she is able to create with them. It is hard to do that and look graceful, and she does.

Awww, you have no idea how this made me smile. I love, love, love that part so much and thank you, I am happy to have been there in a small way. I appreciate you sharing that with me, thank you :)

pani
05-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Just want to say - i am really impressed with Tessa. With her balitic background, her posture, with how she dancing and with her work like choreograher.
And people must remember, yes, Scott is unique talent, but i dont think any girl could skate with him together, like Tessa did ;)
And i agree with Scott - there best programs coming out, when this two skate in there own world. And i agree with Shally - i saw this problem with there SD in this season. And i am so happy Scott was so ON at WCh at SD look like it must to be.

pani
05-09-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.starsonice.com/?content=media&vc=4166&pg=4702#1x0

Scott mad interview with Tessa :D Cant understand what they are talking about, but both look great :D

twinktwink
05-09-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.starsonice.com/?content=media&vc=4166&pg=4702#1x0

Scott mad interview with Tessa :D Cant understand what they are talking about, but both look great :D

Thanks for posting pani :) They're talking about it being their day off from skating and that they'll be doing a lot of interviews though and then they're talking about what they're most looking forward to from the next 3 cities they're skating in. Tessa says she's looking forward to seeing family and sleeping in her own bed when they go to London.

pani
05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks for posting pani :) They're talking about it being their day off from skating and that they'll be doing a lot of interviews though and then they're talking about what they're most looking forward to from the next 3 cities they're skating in. Tessa says she's looking forward to seeing family and sleeping in her own bed when they go to London.

Thanks! :) And what Scott said in the end? It was something fuuy judging from Tessa reaction :D

twinktwink
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks! :) And what Scott said in the end? It was something fuuy judging from Tessa reaction :D

He says that its about time he wraps up the interview because its not going so well and then he says that its only his first one though. Tessa seemed to find that part really funny for some reason :lol:

pani
05-09-2012, 08:35 PM
He says that its about time he wraps up the interview because its not going so well and then he says that its only his first one though. Tessa seemed to find that part really funny for some reason :lol:

http://s019.radikal.ru/i620/1205/c3/5f2309dbc5cd.jpg