PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

flowerpower
05-07-2012, 03:12 AM
I was at SOI in Toronto. I really thought Moir and Buttle stood out in the group numbers for their dancing and musicality.

Exactly what I said! ;)

flowerpower
05-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Yes that's true. But it also makes you realize that V&M need better music choices for the FD and better choreography. I'm not convinced they're going to get it from Zoueva/Shpilband.

Agree with this too. We'll see soon enough. I still feel Z/S let them down bigtime in the initial SD choreo, which required major reworking (should have been obvious at SC, but changes were delayed) before Nationals (which made it hard to nail that program at Nats). The FD needed reworking too, and even then it nowhere approached the audience-friendliness of D/W's choreo (or W/P's for that matter). So I really have to wonder where Z/S were coming from. I hope Zoueva brings it next year because I don't know where else they can go at this point.

Bournekraatzfan
05-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I was at SOI in Toronto. I really thought Moir and Buttle stood out in the group numbers for their dancing and musicality.

I agree. They really stood out in the number with the spotlights. Jeff used to ice dance with his sister a bit.

Bournekraatzfan
05-07-2012, 03:54 AM
... Worlds is coming here and I don't have tickets yet, but since our other plans to visit England fell through due to my accident last Jan, there may be a change in plans. That might be fun to discuss.....what to wear ha ha.

I hope you get to go! and I hope even more that there are no more curling accidents (or accidents of any kind!)
and I hope you will make it to Canada, pani, maybe for worlds next year. and you could do an FSU V&M uber get-together:)

Is anyone else in this thread planning on going to worlds next year?

and I agree with HSGP21 re: the team event at the Olympics...I would rather they allow synchro skating into the Olympics. I really enjoyed WTT but I don't understand the need for a separate event at the Olympics...why not just give some extra medal to the team whose skaters place the best overall? and I really wish they would hold the individual events first. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thank you twinktwink and Shayii for the montages and pingu for the article. lavenderblue, if that is your montage, great job! It is beautiful and I enjoyed watching it! and I agree with clarie and others, the positive energy in this thread is wonderful!

jdcmc
05-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Here's some pictures from SOI in Toronto ( I hope this is the proper protocol for posting...please let me know if I did anything wrong!)

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/jdcmc/

If you are prompted for a password try 'starsonice'

They are definitely not good quality, I took an old camera and neither the flash not the zoom was working (I was afraid to take in my DSLR). My friend has some gorgeous high-res pics, they're just stunning and I hope she'll lend me her camera/allow me to post them.

I've been a Tess & Scott fan since a little before the 2010 OG...and as a very casual reader of all the forums I never felt a need to join any forum until recently...that being said I really love how passionate everyone on here is about this couple and it's a great place to avoid the negativity that stopped me reading in other places.

Shayii
05-07-2012, 06:39 AM
this is one of my favorites too! :)
talking about montages, I just love all works by jpenelopest (http://www.youtube.com/user/jpenelopest?feature=watch)
the newest one is just :swoon:
"What's a soulmate?"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64nJMs7a63g)
I was going to comment on this in my earlier post, but I forgot. Yes all her videos are amazing.

Your posts all convinced me to go to Stars on Ice. Just bought a ticket to the show in Victoria!
I'm glad everybody's reports convinced you to go yourself. We'll be waiting for your report!

Agree with this too. We'll see soon enough. I still feel Z/S let them down bigtime in the initial SD choreo, which required major reworking (should have been obvious at SC, but changes were delayed) before Nationals (which made it hard to nail that program at Nats). The FD needed reworking too, and even then it nowhere approached the audience-friendliness of D/W's choreo (or W/P's for that matter). So I really have to wonder where Z/S were coming from. I hope Zoueva brings it next year because I don't know where else they can go at this point.
Yes I'm hoping they bring it next year too cuz I'm afraid if they don't people will start to turn against them (not us of course lol). And regarding the quote from Scali I don't think he meant to slight Tessa and Scott. Don't burn me for this, but in general I did like Weaver and Poje's programs better last season. With that said there's no team that I love as much as I love Tessa and Scott so next season I hope they have programs that would make it hard for people to doubt any wins.

Here's some pictures from SOI in Toronto ( I hope this is the proper protocol for posting...please let me know if I did anything wrong!)

They are definitely not good quality, I took an old camera and neither the flash not the zoom was working (I was afraid to take in my DSLR). My friend has some gorgeous high-res pics, they're just stunning and I hope she'll lend me her camera/allow me to post them.

I've been a Tess & Scott fan since a little before the 2010 OG...and as a very casual reader of all the forums I never felt a need to join any forum until recently...that being said I really love how passionate everyone on here is about this couple and it's a great place to avoid the negativity that stopped me reading in other places.
Thank you for sharing your pictures! And I'm glad you feel comfortable enough here to start posting :).

BKF if you remember anything from SOI just keep it coming!

Emdee
05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I am going to worlds next year but likely only for the last four/five days. Dont think I will have enough of vacay to take the whole week off. Hope to go to Canadians as well since its nearby.

twinktwink
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
this is one of my favorites too! :)
talking about montages, I just love all works by jpenelopest (http://www.youtube.com/user/jpenelopest?feature=watch)
the newest one is just :swoon:
"What's a soulmate?"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64nJMs7a63g)

I love loads of her videos too, especially this latest one. Its so simple and that end shot of them grinning at each other from the Worlds Gala is perfection.

twinktwink
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Thank you twinktwink! I've never seen this video before, I love it! Oh Scott he's such a character, he's got a lot of personality that's for sure lol. Also I'm pretty sure lavenderblue made this video (hope she doesn't mind me saying so), great job I hope you make more!!

Thanks for pointing this out as I didn't know. Wow lavenderblue if it is your video I just want to say thanks so much for making it. I love all the clips and I especially like how the music works with all the twizzles towards the end. I just had to buy that song in the end so that I could listen to it on my ipod and picture your video :)

pani
05-07-2012, 12:38 PM

Thank you for photos! Thank you for p[osting in this thread :)
The Accordion - have a great time! :kickass:

pani
05-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes that's true. But it also makes you realize that V&M need better music choices for the FD and better choreography. I'm not convinced they're going to get it from Zoueva/Shpilband.

I want to see what W-P and H-D will show next season. For me this teams look the same.
People usually have short memory and nobody remember now about last year W-P FD, wich wasnt close to FF :D
When V-M become number one in ice dance it was understanding after pure skating, beautifull lines, beautifull moves and emotions, people will want to see over-drama again. And people tired from V-M perfection. I dont want to see this facial expression, like W-P have from V-M :D And did you think team from Australia, there junior teams have good programs?
I hope P-B will still use outside choreo :)
Dont know why, but now i simply want to enjoy anithing V-M will skate. And Haliljuja for me more deeper and look more naturale, then Malade.
But i hope to see a lot off great programs next season.

Emdee
05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Seeing Malade live again last weekend after GPF I think more than ever its passionate but over the top passionate. It was well skated and well rehearsed.

In comparison the sexual tension with V&M in Hallelujah is understated also more sensual than sexual. Added to their superb connection it feels like you are brought into something that is very private.

Very eager to see what the new season will bring.

pani
05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Seeing Malade live again last weekend after GPF I think more than ever its passionate but over the top passionate. It was well skated and well rehearsed.

In comparison the sexual tension with V&M in Hallelujah is understated also more sensual than sexual. Added to their superb connection it feels like you are brought into something that is very private.

Very eager to see what the new season will bring.

Its the way i fell about this two programs. ;)
And it was so great to see Malade in Nice and i like it, but i see its traditional russian drama-style - all over top. When V-M style - кeserved temperament, reserved sexuality. Its traditional British ice dance style ;)
I know, people like more russian style, wich Krylova use and i am happy she return this style in ice dance again in such good way. But i prefer more sensual style :)
And sorry, but i couldnt compare skating skills, bidy movements, likes wich have VM with W-P. Not all have such talent. But W-P are audience friendly guys :D

And in Malade W-P have the same expression during all dance, when in FF V-M had 3 changes. When W-P try to do this last season, ts didnt work for them at all.

clarie
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I love both teams, but prefer sensuality over sexuality any day with regards to skating and that goes for singles as well. Of course I am a V/M uber because of their great skating skills, etc., but I do very much like W/P as well.

pani
05-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Just watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAwkd__dpg
So beautifull. I like abstract programs with feeling in it, with special mood. But i am sure, most FS fans think this is boring program.