PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Tessa have better axel then Scott :) Amazing girl.
And i love how Jeff, Shawn an Scott dancing.
Kurt is Kurt - he is the best ever :)

pani
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Pani, I hope you get to visit a Canadian event (where in the world are you anyway?) and I promise to share some chocolate with you!

Thankd you! :)

frisette70
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Love Scott in this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2luApgqU_A&feature=plcp

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Wow its been such a crazy weekend, only just getting to catch up on everything again. I'm so glad that everyone had a great time at the show and thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the rest of us. Like pani has already said, you've all made it feel like I was there with you and I've got such a clear picture of the show from all of you.

I'm loving all the positivity in here too and am so happy at there being so much activity during the off-season, its all helping to make it go by quicker.

Thanks to everyone for the links to articles and videos.

Shayii I looked at all the videos you posted links to. I'd never seen the Road to Gold one before. My eyes were brimming with tears by the end of it, such a moving video and I wanted to thank you for recommending it :)

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Love Scott in this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2luApgqU_A&feature=plcp

Me too, he's such a pure dancer :) I love it when Kurt gets 'knocked out' too, he times that fall perfectly.

Emdee
05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Pani if you do make it to Toronto: Am happy to take you around and also to see Niagara falls if at all possible!

pani
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Pani if you do make it to Toronto: Am happy to take you around and also to see Niagara falls if at all possible!

Thank you! :)

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Re: the Olympic team: "I only hope that the results of the Team Event will not influence the results of the individual competition."

Scali makes a good point there. I wonder, if an ice dance team were to place 2nd in the FD portion of the team event, would they be able to place 1st when it comes to the FD portion of the individual event? Are the judges the same for both events, or will they be different?

I was worried about this too and was surprised to not have heard a coach/skater mention it before now. I'm beginning to think it would be better to have the team event be competed by skaters that won't be in the individual events and maybe have it be a platform for lesser known skaters. Either that or put it at the end of the Olympics and not near the beginning.

sequins
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
I was worried about this too and was surprised to not have heard a coach/skater mention it before now. I'm beginning to think it would be better to have the team event be competed by skaters that won't be in the individual events and maybe have it be a platform for lesser known skaters. Either that or put it at the end of the Olympics and not near the beginning.

Agreed. There's just no way it should be before the individual events. Also as I stated before I don't think it helps the sport because the people who only tune into skating every 4 years or casually are totally going to be saying "They just did this program a few days ago/I already saw this/Can't they do something different' Which of course will prompt all of us to :rolleyes:I just don't think it does figure skating any favours by having this take place first.

HSGP21
05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I think it should be for skaters who will not medal in an individual event. (well, actually, I just think it shouldn't be an event! Let synchro in the olympics instead)- good exposure and experience for the following olympic cycle where they can go after the real medal...

The team event seems to be punishing countries that have depth in a specific discipline...for example, Weaver and Poje would not likely be able to compete because of Virtue and Moir. In 2010, USFSA would have had to pick between Belbin and Agosto and Davis and White... For example, if the Reeds win an olympic gold medal on the coat tails of the Japanese men and women I'd be mad!

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
After Shayii's post of favourite montages I thought I'd share this one with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcEvwVfslE - I really love how it shows Scott's goofy side and so much of it makes me laugh, the song is very sweet too. I had to download the song after I first heard this and had it on repeat for something like 30 minutes :)

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Agreed. There's just no way it should be before the individual events. Also as I stated before I don't think it helps the sport because the people who only tune into skating every 4 years or casually are totally going to be saying "They just did this program a few days ago/I already saw this/Can't they do something different' Which of course will prompt all of us to :rolleyes:I just don't think it does figure skating any favours by having this take place first.

ITA. Most casual viewers are going to be confused and I don't think its going to look that good for the sport.

HSGP21

I think it should be for skaters who will not medal in an individual event. (well, actually, I just think it shouldn't be an event! Let synchro in the olympics instead)- good exposure and experience for the following olympic cycle where they can go after the real medal...

The team event seems to be punishing countries that have depth in a specific discipline...for example, Weaver and Poje would not likely be able to compete because of Virtue and Moir. In 2010, USFSA would have had to pick between Belbin and Agosto and Davis and White... For example, if the Reeds win an olympic gold medal on the coat tails of the Japanese men and women I'd be mad!

This^ :)

pingu
05-06-2012, 07:43 PM

A country can decide to use two different skaters for performing the SP and LP. For example, Canada could decide to let Weaver/Poje skate the SD and Virtue/Moir the FD: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11950

iggie
05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
A country can decide to use two different skaters for performing the SP and LP. For example, Canada could decide to let Weaver/Poje skate the SD and Virtue/Moir the FD: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11950

but i think that if you swap dance, you can't swap pairs and vice versa. i don't know what the case is for singles. but i doubt if any participating federation wanted all their top teams from each discipline to rest that they could.

pingu
05-06-2012, 08:49 PM
but i think that if you swap dance, you can't swap pairs and vice versa. i don't know what the case is for singles. but i doubt if any participating federation wanted all their top teams from each discipline to rest that they could.
yep you can change either pair or ice dance, and either lady or man. I don't understand what you mean in the second sentence, I'm sorry :(