PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
05-06-2012, 07:04 AM
tessa and scott skated in 7 numbers. i doubt they had time to come out and watch the show. i still don't know how they went from the disco to the finale, changing outfits, because they had less than 2 minutes to change.

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 07:28 AM
tessa and scott skated in 7 numbers. i doubt they had time to come out and watch the show. i still don't know how they went from the disco to the finale, changing outfits, because they had less than 2 minutes to change.

I was wondering that myself--they were certainly cutting it close! but I was so happy that they skated in so many numbers! They worked so well with the other cast members in the ensemble numbers.and they again met with the winners of the Lindt basket for a chat and photos after the show--they really are perfect for these shows!

tapper88, jl22aries, and everyone else who is attending the other shows, I hope you have a terrific time! It is an amazing show with something for everyone. And the choreography is very impressive:)

pani
05-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Next time, guys, you need to wear shirts with FSU simbols!
When i read your reports its like i were there and my dream to visit skating in Canada become truth :))))))))))))
Thank you all again!

clarie
05-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I am very particular about what I wear....nothing with pictures or big letters, but I would make an exception in this case :lol:. Worlds is coming here and I don't have tickets yet, but since our other plans to visit England fell through due to my accident last Jan, there may be a change in plans. That might be fun to discuss.....what to wear ha ha.

I'm really enjoying all the feedback from CSOI, and I know BKF would write an in depth description :lol: of what she saw.

martyross
05-06-2012, 03:54 PM
if anyone is interested, i quote from an interview with Massimo Scali (posted in GSD, here's the whole thing http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12001 ). these are his thoughts about the dance event in Nice:

"I am very happy about how these World Championships went, it has been the event judged in the best way as far as I can remember, especially in ice dance as that is the discipline I understand the most. I hope the situation will evolve into this direction, figure skating needs this, it needs to be considered a real sport. We need to take away the reputation of sport influenced by judges and politics... There will obviously always be a subjective part, but I have been satisfied of these World Championships under this light."

About Shpilband/Zoueva's school:
"Shpilband has a lot of experience, he started to coach in the USA many years ago: Liz Swallow, that is part of our team in Detroit, was one of his pupils. He has built a strong school, especially on the technical side, they do incredible things from this point of view. They have reached a stellar technical level and elements execution. What we are trying to do in Detroit is to reach not only a high technical level, but also to be able to give an emotional involvement, which reflects the ice dance of the past years but that is now fading. They are unbeatable now but our project for the future is to overcome them!"

sap5
05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
if anyone is interested, i quote from an interview with Massimo Scali (posted in GSD, here's the whole thing http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12001 ). these are his thoughts about the dance event in Nice:

Re: the Olympic team: "I only hope that the results of the Team Event will not influence the results of the individual competition."

Scali makes a good point there. I wonder, if an ice dance team were to place 2nd in the FD portion of the team event, would they be able to place 1st when it comes to the FD portion of the individual event? Are the judges the same for both events, or will they be different?

Sonata
05-06-2012, 04:17 PM
This is my concern as well. Let's say you had a situation where the crowd favourite came in #2 in the team event and there's a feeling that they got robbed. Then comes along the individual event, where this same team doesn't skate as well as the team that came in first in the team event, but because of this general "got robbed" momentum, the team that was the crowd favourite during the team event now gets brownie bonus points and wins gold.

aka_gerbil
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
That's my absolute biggest concern about the team event being first; that the judging and placements there will affect the individual events. I can just picture the uproar now.

pani
05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I have heard several comments in the past days about Weaver/Poje and many people liked them better than Virtue/Moir. Maybe they are not technically at their level, but from an emotional point of view they were the best, the Free Dance was wonderful. In two years with the right preparation and the right programs they could maybe not overcome them, but get very close.

At the Canadian National Championships, in the Short Dance Weaver/Poje's scores and Virtue/Moir's were very close, Tessa had done a mistake but the judges gave high PCS to Kaitlyn and Andrew, and there wasn't the usual gap between them...

Massimo: Yes, I think that it was a first message from the judges. I have high hopes for them, they have worked so hard and this years they started the season with a different mentality, we hope everything will be OK in Sochi.

What an interesting ice dance World. This coaching team were so warm with Tessa and Scott and look, what he said about them andhe is ice dancer :D
So maybe we didnt know a lot off inside things and this why V-M couldnt chage coaches.

As for Team competition i have feeling in ice dance result in team competition will be repeat in idividual event.

marikat
05-06-2012, 05:36 PM
new soi vids here http://www.youtube.com/user/spiral9509

Scrufflet
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
When i read your reports its like i were there and my dream to visit skating in Canada become truth :))))))))))))
Thank you all again!

Hee hee. I had the fantasy of getting everyone to wear "proud FSUer" t-shirts with our names on so we could recognize each other. I want to do something at Worlds next year but haven't decided exactly what yet.

I was front row, directly opposite Brian Orser, just a few seats down from the two little girls with the Love Scott and Tessa sign. Jeans and bright red glasses! What would have been fun would have been to all get together at the Meet & Greet.

I'm pretty sure my friend and I are going to Nationals next year and we have 3 event tickets for Worlds. So I'll be happy to meet any of you. Something this good must be shared! And with fans who are positive!

Pani, I hope you get to visit a Canadian event (where in the world are you anyway?) and I promise to share some chocolate with you!

marikat
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM
dog days are over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgZW8_D14rg

HSGP21
05-06-2012, 06:09 PM
dog days are over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgZW8_D14rg

I literally cannot take my eyes off of Tessa in this..even when I try to watch other skaters I always go back to watching her!

You can see their Axel's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWEyHVDI6w&feature=plcp

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank you all again!

We should! Maybe next time:)

a bit more on the show:

"Hallelujah"
I love iggie's description of Tessa and Scott's connection, and that was on full display in this program. There was something almost ethereal and otherworldly about this performance...I don't even know how to describe it. It is a side to their skating that I hadn't yet seen, just like pani said...a deep intimacy conveyed through the smallest of gestures. The way they respond to each other's touch; the way they connect without even having to look at each other. Scott's body not only complements Tessa's: it completes it (and vice versa). And the way the audience reacted (at least my section)...it was like they didn't want to clap too much during the performance because they didn't want to break the spell that Tessa and Scott had cast. and at the end, they erupted in super-huge applause. Very special moment.

a few more thoughts to add later, if ppl aren't yet sick of them.

and thanks for the links, marikat!

twinktwink
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
I literally cannot take my eyes off of Tessa in this..even when I try to watch other skaters I always go back to watching her!

I'm the same but with Scott. He rocks it in this routine and the sharpness of his movements catches my eye every time I watch. I was watching Tessa and I really think she's great too but Scott caught my eye again part way through.