PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

girlscouse62
05-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Thank you all for the updates on the show. How i would love to see it in person. Does anyone have vid of the updated version of "Ain't No Mountain"? I must say I loved the dress from the first, but then I love the colours of it.

lavenderblue
05-06-2012, 01:08 AM
What is this gif from?

It's from the Calgary Stampede in 2010, and here's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsD_7GXuab4) its current video link. :)

iggie
05-06-2012, 01:49 AM
i was seriously looking around at the on ice seats and wondering who were the fsu-ers. it was so weird to know you guys were in the stadium too. it was so weird, also, to see some of the greatest skaters so close to me. if you can go see the show, i would definitely encourage you to do so. i just talked about v/m routines, but the group routines were spectacular. kurt was brilliant. though they had 3 days to put it together, i loved it.

clarie
05-06-2012, 02:14 AM
I've been to many competitions and have only met a few FSUers. I know that there are lots of them there but I've never joined in the "get togethers", probably because I would find a lot of them pretty intimidating. Not you guys though :). At least we all have V/M in common. This time, I'm just grateful for all the "reports", and I happy to hear you attendees all enjoyed the show so much especially V/M. Perhaps....one day!!!! I'm really enjoying the positive attitude here and hope it continues...You are all terrific.

sequins
05-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Enjoy everyones SOI reviews. Wish I could go:(
Anyway I didn't see this interview posted yet so...
http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=28
Click this link then go to the second page and click on the bottom interview where you see their names.

Shayii
05-06-2012, 05:09 AM
It's from the Calgary Stampede in 2010, and here's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsD_7GXuab4) its current video link. :)
Thanks for posting this!! I thought the original was lost forever.

iggie
05-06-2012, 05:18 AM
for the financial post article photo, does anyone else feel that the lighting is odd. the lights hit tessa and scott at different angles, but tessa's light doesn't affect scott's and vice versa.

http://www.financialpost.com/todays-paper/Virtue+Moir+sharing+experience+anonymity/6571700/story.html

sequins
05-06-2012, 05:25 AM
for the financial post article photo, does anyone else feel that the lighting is odd. the lights hit tessa and scott at different angles, but tessa's light doesn't affect scott's and vice versa.

http://www.financialpost.com/todays-paper/Virtue+Moir+sharing+experience+anonymity/6571700/story.html

It's just an odd photo period.

iggie
05-06-2012, 05:52 AM
the article has been updated with photos on the national post. the photo i've been talking about is now in colour. it feels like tessa and scott are lit with different coloured lights.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/05/05/tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir-might-go-unrecognized-on-the-street-but-not-the-ice/

in case you don't know, the financial post and the national post are basically the same paper, but the financial post is the very prestigious financial part of the national post. it was once its own paper.

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 06:03 AM
thank you clarie, Shayii, marikat, m_chenning, jl22aries, lavenderblue, sequins, iggie, and everyone else who posted links. It is great to see this thread so active in the off-season!

I, too, was looking around for FSUers! I came alone and was in section 101, opposite where the skaters come out. It would have been neat to meet some of the people in this thread! also, I am enjoying reading your reviews!

iggie
05-06-2012, 06:15 AM
thank you clarie, Shayii, marikat, m_chenning, jl22aries, lavenderblue, sequins, iggie, and everyone else who posted links. It is great to see this thread so active in the off-season!

I, too, was looking around for FSUers! I came alone and was in section 101, opposite where the skaters come out. It would have been neat to meet some of the people in this thread! also, I am enjoying reading your reviews!

i was in 102!

:lol:

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 06:33 AM
i was in 102!

:lol:

I had a feeling we were in the same section! I was the black-haired girl in the leopard print blouse with the fuschia sweater. I came in a little bit late because I got sick before the show and then had trouble finding my seat. That is so funny! I wonder if I saw any other members of the V&M thread!

iggie
05-06-2012, 06:41 AM
hey... i read your reviews and you must have had awesome seats. i was row 17 at 102 and i did not see charlie. was he in the area where weaver and poje came out because they entered at a different location from the other skaters for their exhibition, gold dress program.

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
just a bit on the "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin" number with Scott, Andrew, Jeremy and Jeff that Emdee mentioned:

I love the way the guys interacted in this more introspective number (I know that sounds like a strange way to describe a group number, but that is how it felt to me). They had these spotlights on tripods, like something you would see in a photography studio, I think. They placed the lights so that they formed a small square almost (each light was a corner). And each guy stood at his light, worked his way around it and moved on to the next one, then they brought the lights together in the centre. There were some solos, some moments with concerted movement in a circle, and other moments when they paired off with them holding hands or arms and each guy pulling outward...and the guys sort of alternated between moving in a circle (without holding hands) and weaving around each other...like, the guys from opposite corners passed each other in the centre and interacted...and they used their arms, bringing them over their heads, tracing an arc pattern with one arm and then the other...sorry, I am having a hard time describing this. but the patterns were very interesting and the edgework beautiful. and as Emdee said, this piece really showcases Scott's ability to move (though they all performed this number very well).

Bournekraatzfan
05-06-2012, 06:55 AM
hey... i read your reviews and you must have had awesome seats. i was row 17 at 102 and i did not see charlie. was he in the area where weaver and poje came out because they entered at a different location from the other skaters for their exhibition, gold dress program.

Yes, he was! I was in row 6 (so there was just one row ahead of me and then there were the on-ice seats). and Meryl sat there, too, but she came just when the skaters would begin their programs, so she had to scurry over and thus I didn't have the opportunity to make eye contact and wave and smile at her (she seems so lovely, so I sure would like to have met her!)--but I am so psyched to have 'met' Charlie! super-nice guy!

only some of the skaters came out on that side to watch, so I didn't get to meet Tessa or Scott--hopefully I will meet them someday! I know clarie and pani have met them and they are really wonderful to their fans.