PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Scrufflet
05-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Confession time. I acted like an over-the-top bouncy 12 year old last night! We had such a great time. And everyone is right; this was one of the best SOIs ever! Kurt is such an out and out genius in terms of the show he's put together. I felt like it should have been on the front page of the paper today! And those seats should have been filled (only 4000 sold according to a SOI rep). I think Canada at large has forgotten what a national treasure we have in Kurt. We need to remind people!

Last night I posted in the other thread (SOI Canada) about my Meet & Greet) experience so I won't repeat except to say that I had hoped to see Kurt and Scott and Tessa. I wanted to pass on to S/T iggie's site and our desire here to get them so good polka music but it was Cynthia and Joannie, who were wonderful, total goddesses. I did tell them that we had a thread here and were really excited about the show. They were pleasantly surprised and said they'd better skate well.

Our seats were great; we were on ice, centre so were probably just down a bit from you emdee.

The skaters:
Scott/Tessa - brilliant, as people have said. I cannot take my eyes off Scott, the way he moves his body. He is Kurt, Chris Dean and Fred Astaire all wrapped upin one! And he was having a really good time. He's quite funny. Tessa was really groovin' in the group nos.

Shawn Sawyer - Wow! Wow! Wow! Who knew he could be this good? The music and choreo suit him to a T (mime no. and Allegria). Do yourself a favour and track these down on youtube or here! He IS Cirque de Soleil on ice. And our impression was that he got the biggest ovations of the night along with Kurt and S/T. Well deserved!

Joannie - Wow! Has she ever developed into an actress comedienne! Lovely! And her unitard costume makes you gasp; she's gorgeous!

Cynthia - Fits in beautifully, her sense of dance and music is sublime and yes, she was landing jumps. Can't wait to see her return to form next year.

Jeff - What can I say? The man is magic!

Ashley and Jeremy - received a warm welcome from Toronto fans. They really got into it and skated well (Jer. had one fall but who cared). I think they were really pleased and honoured to be part of such a brilliant gathering.

Meryl and Charlie - they just skated DF! I wanted more! That's my only complaint about the show. I spoke to her at the end and told her that we were so glad that they'd come. Yes, I was in full adolescent mode, jumping up and down. She looked pleasantly surprised and thanked me.

Weaver/Poje - Wonderful, wonderful; they really are stars. Both were into the group nos., having fun. I mentioned this already but Poje came out before the show to stretch and looked like he just got out of bed! Rumpled hair, long baggy shorts! Quite funny!

Kurt - Still haven't met him... Sigh... What a job he did! It's a show where I didn't care if they left out jumps; they could interfere with the superb choreography. It's as if he sees them all as actor/dancer/comedians! And they all responded. It wasn't easy choreo. either in the group nos. He has such a generous spirit in making sure everyone gets the spotlight, having their special qualities maximized. You really get the feel of him fostering the next generations, leaving a legacy.

Um, so do you think I liked it? The only thing I have left to say is that the Air Canada staff were just top notch. Romeo led us around because we kept getting confused with all the directions and just couldn't stop laughing long enough to think clearly. Alex in Fan Services was everywhere directing and helping.
So I'm off today to mail in my ticket request for next year!

Happy SOI to the next place on the tour!

Bournekraatzfan
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
So glad everyone had a great time!

Scrufflet, glad you enjoyed the M&G as well! Jo and Cynthia seem really lovely! I saw Jo last night (she was standing in the tunnel next to the seat that was two seats down from me, and those seats were empty, so she was practically next to me! anyways, I was just staring at her because I love her and she smiled and waved--total sweetheart!) You are so lucky you got to speak with her! and Cynthia as well! glad you told them about our thread!

And thanks for your report BKF! Lol did Tessa literally say chocolate was very important in her life? I also wonder if she really ate a Lindt truffle before they took the ice in Vancouver or if she's just plugging Lindt. If she did though she should eat one every time they compete lol.

Anyways looks like you guys had fun! Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!

thanks for showing us the tweet, Shayii!

sorry, not much time, on my way out, so another quick post.

When they did the Lindt promo, they didn't just skate out there; they did a turn in waltz hold, and then Tessa did a single twizzle while still holding Scott's one hand (underarm turn). I just love how these two always dance. When they were talking about chocolate, Scott pointed to Tessa in a way that indicated that she was a chocomaniac! When she said she ate a truffle before she skated in Vancouver she followed that with "it must have helped." Then, when Jeff did his promo for World Vision and said that those who sponsored a child would be entered to win more Lindt chocolate, he referenced Tessa's speech, and said that after that a bunch of little girl skaters would be stuffing their faces with chocolate before they skate!

just another detail about the single axels I mentioned: They were right in front of me, and Kurt was on the left, Tessa in the middle, and Scott on the right. They just flew down the length of the ice (to the beat, of course) and did these beautiful axels. very cool! Also, the whole cast performed this number really well, and I mean everyone. But Tessa and Scott stood out because of how they worked the rhythm. Tessa looked soooo free and happy--it was so great to see!

Yes, as others said, the disco dress is spectacular in person. And Tessa was really workin it! Her arms were wonderful (well, her whole body was, but I noticed her arms were even better than they were in previous outings). They seemed to be sinking into the movement even more and they really carried the energy of this piece til the end. They looked like they were enjoying themselves so much! so great to see! I noticed changes since the first CSOI show, I believe, in the part "no win, no rain,"--Tessa has her arms sorta extended away from her body in front of her and parallel and she shakes them to the beat--but I am not entirely sure cuz the show is a bit of blur as I was just soooo excited throughout. Like Scrufflet, I, too, was acting like an "over-the-top bouncy 12-year-old" last night--I certainly felt like one! I am so sorry, because I made a mental note of things at the time to write for you all, but I can't remember a lot of it!

Something else that stood out to me was the intensity with which Tessa and Scott skated "Rolling in the Deep." They did this move where they make fists and Tessa crosses her forearm with Scott's (making an 'x' shape)--they did this for two or three beats, then Tessa jumped and put one foot down and then the other, I believe (the whole cast did this part, but I was focused on Tessa and Scott). It was such a small part, but they were both 100% committed to the choreo and they were like thunder. They perfectly captured the mood of the music. I love how they make those moments so memorable, even though they have so many spectacular tricks. speaking of which, the high lifts that pani showed us in the video looked great last night--fast and smooth.

ok, more later!

NorthernDancers
05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
A very interesting article marikat . If I saw them on the street, I would look too but I certainly would never interrupt them. Also, it looks as though Scott is single again.

Isn't there a saying that goes a little like "love is blind, but the neighbours ain't!" The way Scott and Tessa are together on and off the ice is something many successful marriages never achieve. Here they are trying to find that perfect relationship, when it is already right in front of them. They just seem to have set the possibility of romance aside, perhaps because they tried it before (yah, right...like dating as 9 year olds counts :lol:), or perhaps to protect the skating relationship. Skating and dating can end up in marriage (Dubreil/Lauzon, Wing/Lowe, etc.). But it can also end quite badly, so dating one's partner can be a big risk to long term success.

I predict we will only see Scott and Tessa competitively until the Olympics. Then they will skate as pros and move on to the next stage of life. They are older and wiser, and know how to get help in their relationship (I think they said they had some counseling to help them find their connection back after Tessa's first surgery). They have a very strong and stable foundation for a solid, real relationship. They have enough heat/chemistry to melt the ice. I say "go for it"!! Take the risk!! Get some advice from Dubreil/Lauzon or Wing/Lowe if they are afraid/don't know how to take those first steps. Or maybe Scott needs to have a chat with his old training buddy, Andrew. Kurt is quite the romantic, maybe he'll help this along on tour!

Okay. I'll stop now. Sigh.

Shayii
05-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Everybody thank you for your reports! I'm glad you guys had a great time!! The London show is gonna be pretty crazy for them (in a good way). Half the audience is gonna be Moirs and Virtues lol.

Vid by WiltheLiam768 "Elysium" Honor Him" "Now We Are Free"
Oh I love this song so much and the soundtrack from Gladiator, but it's certainly not uplifting. I wonder if a team would get marked down using music like this. Also reading the article marikat posted that basically confirmed our discussions on how the best programs they do is the one that draws the viewers in, made me think of this song: This Woman's Work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NRdA0ST4Zg). Something in this vein would be amazing I think.

Virtue and Moir sharing experience, anonymity http://www.financialpost.com/todays-paper/Virtue+Moir+sharing+experience+anonymity/6571700/story.html
First I love the picture they used for this article. I'm curious as to why they put it under the financial section. I think it might have to do with what flowerpower was saying about the author being bothered that they weren't recognized. I read some of his tweets when he actually was with them and he just could not believe that nobody recognized them and he seemed to connect that to them not fulfilling their marketability potential. But then he tweeted that Tessa said they liked their privacy.

And lol it's gonna take somebody pretty secure to "understand" their relationship, when they read articles like these saying "they belong to each other."

ETA: NorthernDancers do you know for a fact that Kaitlyn and Andrew are together? It certainly seems like it, but they deny it in interviews.

People on other boards are like celebrating the fact that Jessica and Scott might potentially not be "together" anymore. It amuses me because does that mean he and Tessa would automatically hook up now? What about her boyfriend? Things don't exactly work that way. And besides the sentence in the article is ambiguous for us to take it as Scott and Jessica aren't together anymore. What if Scott had another girlfriend that gave him a jacket? Lol IDK just throwing these ideas out there, not trying to bring people's spirit down. But yea I think they are scared to be in a relationship based on my analysis from what they've said in the past. I also feel Scott thinks he's not good enough for Tessa based on something I read awhile ago.

pani
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Isn't there a saying that goes a little like "love is blind, but the neighbours ain't!" The way Scott and Tessa are together on and off the ice is something many successful marriages never achieve. Here they are trying to find that perfect relationship, when it is already right in front of them. They just seem to have set the possibility of romance aside, perhaps because they tried it before (yah, right...like dating as 9 year olds counts :lol:), or perhaps to protect the skating relationship. Skating and dating can end up in marriage (Dubreil/Lauzon, Wing/Lowe, etc.). But it can also end quite badly, so dating one's partner can be a big risk to long term success.

I predict we will only see Scott and Tessa competitively until the Olympics. Then they will skate as pros and move on to the next stage of life. They are older and wiser, and know how to get help in their relationship (I think they said they had some counseling to help them find their connection back after Tessa's first surgery). They have a very strong and stable foundation for a solid, real relationship. They have enough heat/chemistry to melt the ice. I say "go for it"!! Take the risk!! Get some advice from Dubreil/Lauzon or Wing/Lowe if they are afraid/don't know how to take those first steps. Or maybe Scott needs to have a chat with his old training buddy, Andrew. Kurt is quite the romantic, maybe he'll help this along on tour!

Okay. I'll stop now. Sigh.

I just could :) So W-P are couple of the ice? (i know, i muct no ask about this, but after your post i wish to know :D).
Great post!
Thank you all for the reports! The main thing - you all enjoy this show :)

Emdee
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Reading the FP article - I too was thnking maybe a relationship is on the cards. Hallelujah is a lot more sensual than anything they have done before and there seems to be plenty of heat between them.

Unlike others I would only wish for them what they wish for themselves.

NorthernDancers
05-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Unlike others I would only wish for them what they wish for themselves.

That, of course, goes without saying...

I'm only musing that what they may be wishing for themselves is right there in front of them, already in their hands...

Theirs is a complex relationship in some ways: growing up together, sharing good and bad times, achieving success together that hardly anyone in the world has or will achieve, being very best friends, the desires to achieve another World championship in their home town, and then win Olympic gold and further set their mark on the world of ice dance, to always answer questions about their relationship because it's hard for the public to understand how 2 people who can look at each other that way, and skate that way and not be romantic...

And yet perhaps it is very simple, and they are just the last to come to this realization. Tessa talked in an interview with Gian Gomeshi on Bold channel that the way she managed skating through pain before and during the Olympics was to set her mind to not acknowledge the pain, and not give in to it. Truly mind over circumstances. Maybe there is something similar happening here. They might be compartmentalizing their relationship, and that's a "safe" thing to do for their friendship and training. Without considering that what they may be wishing for themselves is right there, and it will help their friendship blossom even further and stronger, never mind what it can do for their skating. :swoon: :swoon:

But I promised to stop. So I will.

pani
05-05-2012, 09:18 PM
In any case i am sure this two will be together and could be not a parts of each other lifes, liker T-D . Jane and Cris still work together, create something special on ice. Its like Tarasova said one time - its more important to find good partner, then good husband :D

Golightly
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't think it works that way. I think they are good friends and that's it. A few years back, I thought she had deeper feelings for him, now I think the dust has settled and they are fine just the way they are. I normally don't comment on the "relationship question", but even if all the ingredients are there to go ahead and see what happens, you are either attracted to someone or you are not. I don't think they are.

HSGP21
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I love that with a couple of tweets and a reported hand-hold at Skate Canada Tessa is in a long term and serious relationship with Ryan Semple. They must have so many opportunities to see each other and cultivate a healthy relationship (just like Scott and Jessica...)

Skating is like a soap opera sometimes! They look happy, their happiness makes me happy...that's all that I care about! (even though I am a sucker for their cute moments...keep 'em coming scott and tessa!)

pani
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tqVfWA5-lsA#t=300s
I think this show this too not hate each other and love to talke and look at each other :)

martyross
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Scott is free now? alright, i'll make my move hahaha
btw, just a personal addition to the discussion.. i would be very surprised if Tessa and Scott ended up together, as my best friend ever was a guy. Tessa and Scott know each other so well, and this alone would not bode well for a love relation. because in order to start dating someone, there must be some amount of mistery between the two people. knowing all the details of the other person excludes the possibility of seduction, that is extremely important. maybe it's because we're attracted by someone who is "new", something different from all that you experienced before, whom you have to discover little by little. we're attracted by the person and the potential pleasure/fun/etc. we can have with that person. of course i may be wrong...but if something hasn't happen before, between Tessa and Scott, it won't likely never happen.
P.s. although i would freak out if i were Scott's girlfriend or Tessa's boyfriend. how can you be not jealous of such bond between them, i wonder??

Shayii
05-05-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tqVfWA5-lsA#t=300s
I think this show this too not hate each other and love to talke and look at each other :)
Oh Pani that's not what I meant on FF, I just IDK something seemed different but that's just me looking at things with a magnifying glass. I completely take back what I said.

Btw this gif (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_JpGoS02xLrE/TGCs-Mlg-LI/AAAAAAAABpo/AZBtciYBk3M/s800/vm_laugh_at_ice_cowboy_2.gif) is so cute! Unfortunately the video it came from has been taken off youtube.

pani
05-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh Pani that's not what I meant on FF, I just IDK something seemed different but that's just me looking at things with a magnifying glass. I completely take back what I said.

Btw this gif (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_JpGoS02xLrE/TGCs-Mlg-LI/AAAAAAAABpo/AZBtciYBk3M/s800/vm_laugh_at_ice_cowboy_2.gif) is so cute! Unfortunately the video it came from has been taken off youtube.

O, i just post this to show - they always have this connection and love to talk with each other.
It look like we all know better, what is going on :lol:
But i just happy they like to skate with each other, work with each other and could made this so long how they want to do this :)
I like this gif :D

jl22aries
05-06-2012, 12:11 AM

What is this gif from?