PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

girlscouse62
05-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Vid by WiltheLiam768 "Elysium" Honor Him" "Now We Are Free"

clarie
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
What fun to start my day with all your reports. Thanks to jdmc, nlyoung, Shayii, and BKF, and flowerpower . I'm glad they changed up "Mountain". Wow to the Axels :). I know BKF will post in-depth like she usually does, so I'm looking forward to that. I can't wait to see all this on TV, but will keep my eyes open for vids and will watch the "Up" one from Shayii now............I'm glad you all enjoyed the show.

marikat
05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Virtue and Moir sharing experience, anonymity http://www.financialpost.com/todays-paper/Virtue+Moir+sharing+experience+anonymity/6571700/story.html

clarie
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
A very interesting article marikat . If I saw them on the street, I would look too but I certainly would never interrupt them. Also, it looks as though Scott is single again.

pani
05-05-2012, 12:36 PM
A very interesting article marikat . If I saw them on the street, I would look too but I certainly would never interrupt them. Also, it looks as though Scott is single again.
Hm..... Difficult year for Scott. I read people saw them (i mean Scott with Jess) at TEB and GPF. They were together 4 years? fter she found new patner i thought she will be with him :D
Its saw sweet how he care about Tessa and ask i she OK :)

Emdee
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Everyone beat me to it!

We had on ice tickets just opposite from where they come in to the show. So in the early group number Tessa is right in from of us for just a few secs but she asks us - are you enjoying the show.

Talking about hot hot hot. In the lamplight program with theboys wearing undershirts you could see all of scotts muscles in his arms. I think Pani would have swooned! I loved that program. Since a shirt doesnt cover up his body you can see all Scott's dancer moves. He is natural dancer. Now I wish they would do one of those sinuous dance routines. In that routine you could really see the difference in quality between Scott and Poje.

Of course Hallelujah is a miracle. I didnt have the best angle for this but their connection is just unbelievable.

M&C very watered down show version. Lifts were not up to par.

W&P have really mastered Malade and it was an excellent performance. Not the same finesse with their other show numbers. To be fair I think its their first time on SOI.

Loved Joannie she has progressed so much over the years.

Abbott leaves me cold - I dont know what it is - just cannot feel the love.

At the end when they came around I shook hands with Joannie and Sean Sawyer. I think Sean and T&S got the biggest cheers but everyone got cheers.

Choreo was excellent. Kurt did a great job.

On the way back we were talking about various shows over the years and DD particularly remembered the Elvis Champions show where we had U&Z, k&P,G&P and some other great russian teams. While we felt the choreo here as a show was better the quality of skating at those times were unbelievable. Pity that CSOI only attracts the north americans now would love to see some from the rest of the world.

skatingfan04
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Strange. I'll bet it's annoying not being recognized after what they did. It's sad how little appreciation we have for non-hockey athletes in this country.

Emdee
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Just read the article about S&T.
I think its Canadian to never intrude. Even if I recognized them in the street and wanted to act all groupie the inner me would say dont do that dont disturb them. Now if I had to catch Scott or Tessa's eye I would say I love Hallelujah or enjoyed the progression of FF. Or please read FSU for music ideas!

pani
05-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Everyone beat me to it!

We had on ice tickets just opposite from where they come in to the show. So in the early group number Tessa is right in from of us for just a few secs but she asks us - are you enjoying the show.

Talking about hot hot hot. In the lamplight program with theboys wearing undershirts you could see all of scotts muscles in his arms. I think Pani would have swooned! I loved that program. Since a shirt doesnt cover up his body you can see all Scott's dancer moves. He is natural dancer. Now I wish they would do one of those sinuous dance routines. In that routine you could really see the difference in quality between Scott and Poje.

Of course Hallelujah is a miracle. I didnt have the best angle for this but their connection is just unbelievable.

M&C very watered down show version. Lifts were not up to par.

W&P have really mastered Malade and it was an excellent performance. Not the same finesse with their other show numbers. To be fair I think its their first time on SOI.

Loved Joannie she has progressed so much over the years.

Abbott leaves me cold - I dont know what it is - just cannot feel the love.

At the end when they came around I shook hands with Joannie and Sean Sawyer. I think Sean and T&S got the biggest cheers but everyone got cheers.

Choreo was excellent. Kurt did a great job.

On the way back we were talking about various shows over the years and DD particularly remembered the Elvis Champions show where we had U&Z, k&P,G&P and some other great russian teams. While we felt the choreo here as a show was better the quality of skating at those times were unbelievable. Pity that CSOI only attracts the north americans now would love to see some from the rest of the world.

Thanks for report! :)
So people love more Hallelujah then disco? ;)

flowerpower
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Just read the article about S&T.
I think its Canadian to never intrude. Even if I recognized them in the street and wanted to act all groupie the inner me would say dont do that dont disturb them.

I totally agree that this is very Canadian - at least it's how I grew up. I've recognized many celebrities over the years in Toronto and I have never spoken to any of them, although I could have, lol. I normally don't even acknowledge that I've recognized them - I just act like they're anyone else walking down the street. If I ran into V/M on the street, I would definitely not intrude - that's their own time.

The National Post reporter seems troubled about them not being recognized, but it's his issue, not theirs. I think Tessa, in particular, really prefers it that way, so that she can be herself rather than always worrying about her public presentation and the constant scrutiny of others. I totally understand that; it's exactly how I would feel.

I'm sure they realize that they could seek more commercial opportunties, and that would increase their fame, but I think they've struck a balance that feels right for them.

iggie
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
i didn't feel like my seat was particularly high, but i couldn't see the skaters' faces until they were literally at the edge of the rink. this meant that for most group numbers, i couldn't really tell who tessa and scott were. tessa was a little easier because there were only two brunettes, but scott was so hard to pick out. in fact, i'm surprized to read that scott was in the motown vignettes.

one thing i noticed was tessa and scott's connection. i knew they had it, but i really understood it well here. in meryl and charlie's split lift, notice that meryl is up in the air, rapturous and charlie is pushing on. kaitlyn and andrew similarly have lifts where kaitlyn is up in the air, pumping her fists, or she's being rotated. andrew is down below, doing his own thing. all these lifts lift the girl, enhance the music and are beautiful to watch... but tessa and scott's lifts are different.

for tessa and scott, their lifts form of an embrace. even the umbrellas of cherbourg straight line lift, which has her facing away from him, became a hug. or their lifts allowed them to stare deeply at each other, like the pink floyd lift. basically, their lifts were a way to bring themselves closer to each other. a way to show their unity and their need to wrap themselves around each other, grasp each other, hold each other, look at each other... rest on each other. even in the moments tessa and scott didn't have to look at each other, they were. when they could have skated separately, their hands were on each other. when they could have done their own thing, they were in sync. i couldn't see their faces but i could see their connection well. it felt like how could they ever skate without skating for each other?

HSGP21
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
i didn't feel like my seat was particularly high, but i couldn't see the skaters' faces until they were literally at the edge of the rink. this meant that for most group numbers, i couldn't really tell who tessa and scott were. tessa was a little easier because there were only two brunettes, but scott was so hard to pick out. in fact, i'm surprized to read that scott was in the motown vignettes.

one thing i noticed was tessa and scott's connection. i knew they had it, but i really understood it well here. in meryl and charlie's split lift, notice that meryl is up in the air, rapturous and charlie is pushing on. kaitlyn and andrew similarly have lifts where kaitlyn is up in the air, pumping her fists, or she's being rotated. andrew is down below, doing his own thing. all these lifts lift the girl, enhance the music and are beautiful to watch... but tessa and scott's lifts are different.

for tessa and scott, their lifts form of an embrace. even the umbrellas of cherbourg straight line lift, which has her facing away from him, became a hug. or their lifts allowed them to stare deeply at each other, like the pink floyd lift. basically, their lifts were a way to bring themselves closer to each other. a way to show their unity and their need to wrap themselves around each other, grasp each other, hold each other, look at each other... rest on each other. even in the moments tessa and scott didn't have to look at each other, they were. when they could have skated separately, their hands were on each other. when they could have done their own thing, they were in sync. i couldn't see their faces but i could see their connection well. it felt like how could they ever skate without skating for each other?

That is so sweet Iggie- I agree their connection is unmatched, perhaps ever! Other than perhaps Gordeeva and Grinkov I can't think of another team that I am just so content watching. I love in the article recently posted that they said they are skating for each other, inviting the audience in to be a part of it. That is really how it feels. Despite the criticism at times for lacking range (which is ridiculous!), this is their style and I hope they continue to own it for the next to years and through their professional career. I am excited to think perhaps they are just now feeling comfortable/hitting their stride/maturing into the skaters they can be

And by the way, Iggie, that you so much for the blog!! I am coming to rely on it for information, and find it so helpful! Especially without an official site for Tessa and Scott it is a god-sent!

iggie
05-05-2012, 04:17 PM
That is so sweet Iggie- I agree their connection is unmatched, perhaps ever! Other than perhaps Gordeeva and Grinkov I can't think of another team that I am just so content watching. I love in the article recently posted that they said they are skating for each other, inviting the audience in to be a part of it. That is really how it feels. Despite the criticism at times for lacking range (which is ridiculous!), this is their style and I hope they continue to own it for the next to years and through their professional career. I am excited to think perhaps they are just now feeling comfortable/hitting their stride/maturing into the skaters they can be

And by the way, Iggie, that you so much for the blog!! I am coming to rely on it for information, and find it so helpful! Especially without an official site for Tessa and Scott it is a god-sent!

thanks. i'm glad it's useful.

i actually put a longer post for my review on stars on ice here (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hallelujah-my-stars-on-ice-review.html), but i didn't post it here because much of the info has been covered by other posters. if you want to keep track of photos (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/04/stars-on-ice-photos.html) and videos (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/04/stars-on-ice-tour.html), you can as well. promo info can be found here (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/04/virtue-and-moir-lead-stars-on-ice.html).

i couldn't find the group number for the guys, but i found the u.s. stars on ice version. if you want to see that and insert scott into it, you can. it's here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwYwN0olo4). but it's a really good shot of the routine.

eta - to anyone else who went to the this season's csoi tour... if you want me to post your write up on the show, esp. on tessa and scott, just send me a message.

iggie
05-05-2012, 04:30 PM
from CTV Canada AM twitter:

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir drop by for the first time since their latest triumph at the World Figure Skating Championships, tmr at 7:30.

i don't think we followed up on this one.
http://www.ctv.ca/canadaAMPlayer/index.html?video=670505

Bournekraatzfan
05-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Aww...group hug! I love coming here too, I had three exams this week and there were times I thought I was gonna lose my mind, but coming here helped me unwind and relax a bit.

Thanks for posting this BKF. I don't think I've seen this yet. So is Kaitlyn supposed to be a younger Ellie or something cuz I don't remember Ellie dressed like that in Up. You're probably at SOI now, I hope everybody has fun!

I hope your exams went well!

Kaitlyn did a little Charleston with Andrew, and even in her individual part she looked like a flapper--very nicely done.