PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

nlyoung
05-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Just back from the Toronto show. Tessa and Scott have fixed the middle of the disco number to remove all the awkward standing around that used to be there. Now it transitions smoothly between the sections and as a result it works much better as a show number, even if you don't like disco ;)

Golightly
05-05-2012, 04:37 AM
Just back from the Toronto show. Tessa and Scott have fixed the middle of the disco number to remove all the awkward standing around that used to be there. Now it transitions smoothly between the sections and as a result it works much better as a show number, even if you don't like disco ;)

I just love how they can grasp what the audience is not responding to and then they work to make it better. This is why Funny Face was such an extraordinary lesson to everyone. They are so good they approach their programs as works in progress, not a finished product. Not many skaters can do that.

Bournekraatzfan
05-05-2012, 05:06 AM
will post more later, but just wanted to say they were awesome tonight and I had an amazing time! I hope everyone else did, too!
a few tidbits: Scott was in this little transition segments called "The Four Stops," with Kurt, Jeff, and Jeremy (You can see these in the photos pani or Shayii had posted http://photos.skatetoday.com/thumbnails.php?album=143). They are dressed in red jackets and dance to motown. They were a lot of fun, and Scott had a great rapport with the other guys.

Tessa and Scott also did the Lindt "Dream moment" things when they present a couple of audience members with a big basket of chocolate. Scott started off by asking everyone how they were doing and saying that they loved performing at the ACC for such an enthusiastic crowd (and the crowd didn't know they were supposed to cheer, so he said that the crowd could be more enthusiastic than that and they cheered loudly). He said that he and Tessa had had many 'dream moments,' including winning the two world titles and winning the Olympics at home (huge applause). Tessa then said that chocolate was very important in her life and told the crowd that she liked to treat herself to chocolate after a good day of training, and that she liked to comfort herself with chocolate when she isn't feeling great. She also said that she ate a Lindt truffle before taking the ice in Vancouver (loud applause).

and in "The Dog Days Are Over," Tessa, Scott, and Kurt did single axels right in front of me! (I wasn't on-ice, but I was in the second row from the ice).

more tomorrow!

Shayii
05-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Clarie, girlscouse62 thanks for commenting. m-chenning I just watched that video, it's so beautiful it's definitely up there among my top favorites.

Thanks for your report. Maybe the changes they made to it will make me appreciate the program more now. And I really wanna see Tessa's dress in person based on comments on twitter. Kyoko Ina:
Tessa Virtue shines on the ice, but she owns the ice with the costume she wears for "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

will post more later, but just wanted to say they were awesome tonight! Scott was in this little transition segments called "The Four Stops," with Kurt, Jeff, and Jeremy (You can see these in the photos pani or Shayii had posted http://photos.skatetoday.com/thumbnails.php?album=143). They are dressed in red jackets and dance to motown. They were a lot of fun, and Scott had a great rapport with the other guys.

Tessa and Scott also did the Lindt "Dream moment" things when they present a couple of audience members with a big basket of chocolate. Scott started off by asking everyone how they were doing and saying that they loved performing at the ACC for such an enthusiastic crowd (and the crowd didn't know they were supposed to cheer, so he said that the crowd could be more enthusiastic than that and they cheered loudly). He said that he and Tessa had had many 'dream moments,' including winning the two world titles and winning the Olympics at home (huge applause). Tessa then said that chocolate was very important in her life and told the crowd that she liked to treat herself to chocolate after a good day of training, and that she liked to comfort herself with chocolate when she isn't feeling great. She also said that she ate a Lindt truffle before taking the ice in Vancouver (loud applause).

And thanks for your report BKF! Lol did Tessa literally say chocolate was very important in her life? I also wonder if she really ate a Lindt truffle before they took the ice in Vancouver or if she's just plugging Lindt. If she did though she should eat one every time they compete lol.

Anyways looks like you guys had fun! Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!

Shayii
05-05-2012, 05:30 AM
And finally the whole reenactment from UP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXtIZiJqXEg&feature=youtu.be)!

jdcmc
05-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Hey guys - just back from the show tonight. Went dancing for a couple hours after - but I wanted to post my favourite parts of the show. I did take pictures and will post later but they are not very good quality :(

1. It was my first time seeing Scott and Tess live and their connection just literally takes my breath away. Watching them skate Hallelujah almost feels intrusive, it's breathtaking but they are so wrapped up in each other it feel like you're watching something private

2. When they went to hand out the Lindt basket, Brian Orser was sitting in the front row when they're picking someone to give the basket to and Scott looks at Brian and goes "You're Brian Orser, so no chocolate for you" lol. I did also Scott go over to give Brian a hug during the closing part.

3. Scott put his arm around Tessa and I think he kissed her temple when they were leaving the ice after the Lindt basket handoff. It was so sweet. He was saying stuff too but no idea what it was from where I was sitting.

4. The Ain't No Mountain costume is MAJOR BLING when you see it live!!! She shines like a star. Also T&S were clearly crowd favourites and got the biggest cheers.

5. Meryl & Charlie did a version of Die Fledermaus and were well received but nothing to the love for Tessa and Scott. Someone in the very first row had a big poster board with WE LOVE SCOTT AND TESSA on it :) Meryl had a lovely dress on, not the usual purple she wore for free dances, it was delicate and Charlie seems to have cut his hair. They were quite lovely too.

6. Scott was the first off the ice after the show - seemed to be in a hurry for some reason. I was facing the ice where I can see the dancers when they exit to go into the tunnel and he made sure the last thing he did before he left the ice was to highfive Tessa.

Will post more stuff later:) Overall it was tons of fun and I wish Toronto had a better turnout, lower bowl was about 2/3 full I would estimate. I was talking to one of the attendants/security (rather he was talking to us) and he said in Kurt's prime days the entire arena was packed. He thinks the show doesn't market itself well enough. I tend to agree!

It was a great time and I highly encourage everyone to go if you can. PS: CAA members get a discount!! The tickets are very affordable - though I'm sure travel/logistics make it kinda hard for some people.

Thats it from me for right now!

LOVE 'N' LIFE!!

flowerpower
05-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Tessa and Scott also did the Lindt "Dream moment" things when they present a couple of audience members with a big basket of chocolate.

The people who received the chocolate were sitting just a few seats away from Brian Orser. Tessa and Scott initially headed toward Brian, and Scott said, "You're Brian Orser. We can't give it to you!" :rofl:

Kurt did a really good job with the choreo this year. There were some excellent group numbers. I particularly liked the men's number with Scott, Andrew, Jeff and Jeremy. (It's lit with portable spotlights, so there are probably no pictures of that routine.) Scott was just great, as was Jeff. Won't say more, since some people have yet to see it. Also loved the first act group finale to "Rolling in the Deep" and the women's number.

Tessa and Scott have changed some of the choreo in the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" program - much better IMO. It was full of energy and they looked like they were having a blast. They did axels in the finale.

It's the best SOI I've seen for quite a while. I hope Kurt continues in the choreographer role.

flowerpower
05-05-2012, 05:59 AM
2. When they went to hand out the Lindt basket, Brian Orser was sitting in the front row when they're picking someone to give the basket to and Scott looks at Brian and goes "You're Brian Orser, so no chocolate for you" lol. I did also Scott go over to give Brian a hug during the closing part.

You beat me to it! LOL

jdcmc
05-05-2012, 06:03 AM
You beat me to it! LOL

Hehe I think that was a highlight for everyone:)

The axels were awesome to see. I saw Tess do it, didn't see Scott.

Also the boys were wearing fitted undershirts during the number with the spotlights, they looked hot! Wish the lighting was better on that part though.

flowerpower
05-05-2012, 06:14 AM
He thinks the show doesn't market itself well enough. I tend to agree!

It was a great time and I highly encourage everyone to go if you can. PS: CAA members get a discount!! The tickets are very affordable - though I'm sure travel/logistics make it kinda hard for some people.

I agree that the marketing is odd. The prices are set high initially (probably deterring many people from buying) then there are various deals, but by then people may have given up on the idea of going. That's my perception, anyway.

iggie
05-05-2012, 06:18 AM
i wrote something, but it's so late that i probably should just wait until tomorrow.

blue_idealist
05-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey guys - just back from the show tonight. Went dancing for a couple hours after - but I wanted to post my favourite parts of the show. I did take pictures and will post later but they are not very good quality :(

1. It was my first time seeing Scott and Tess live and their connection just literally takes my breath away. Watching them skate Hallelujah almost feels intrusive, it's breathtaking but they are so wrapped up in each other it feel like you're watching something private

3. Scott put his arm around Tessa and I think he kissed her temple when they were leaving the ice after the Lindt basket handoff. It was so sweet. He was saying stuff too but no idea what it was from where I was sitting.

4. The Ain't No Mountain costume is MAJOR BLING when you see it live!!! She shines like a star. Also T&S were clearly crowd favourites and got the biggest cheers.

5. Meryl & Charlie did a version of Die Fledermaus and were well received but nothing to the love for Tessa and Scott. Someone in the very first row had a big poster board with WE LOVE SCOTT AND TESSA on it :) Meryl had a lovely dress on, not the usual purple she wore for free dances, it was delicate and Charlie seems to have cut his hair. They were quite lovely too.

6. Scott was the first off the ice after the show - seemed to be in a hurry for some reason. I was facing the ice where I can see the dancers when they exit to go into the tunnel and he made sure the last thing he did before he left the ice was to highfive Tessa.

Will post more stuff later:) Overall it was tons of fun and I wish Toronto had a better turnout, lower bowl was about 2/3 full I would estimate. I was talking to one of the attendants/security (rather he was talking to us) and he said in Kurt's prime days the entire arena was packed. He thinks the show doesn't market itself well enough. I tend to agree!

Thats it from me for right now!

LOVE 'N' LIFE!!

Maybe Scott left the ice quickly because he had to go to the bathroom? :P

pani
05-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Tessa and Scott have changed some of the choreo in the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" program - much better IMO. It was full of energy and they looked like they were having a blast. They did axels in the finale.

Did they changed choreo compare to WCh and WTT or compare to first outing at CSOI?
Thank you all for reports! Happy you had a great time!
O, Tessa. she even could jump :)

girlscouse62
05-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I was just listening to vid of music from Gladiator. Could do some really innovative stuff with this.

pani
05-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I was just listening to vid of music from Gladiator. Could do some really innovative stuff with this.

Grushina-Goncharov had FD on this music. I think this was at 2000-2001 season. But i couldnt find video on youtube :(