PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

tapper88
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
I love the beginning part of Hallelulagh, how he takes her hands so gently, and their foreheads touch, etc. It's so moving and lovingly done. Can't even stand it!!!:swoon:

Golightly
05-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Yeah, it's very intimate. And the way they look at each other. It is like you want to see more, but at the same time you feel you should not be watching it in the first place. I felt that way when watching the beginning.

Shayii
05-01-2012, 05:27 AM
On "Hallelujah" (the program, that is) -- it's absolutely gorgeous, but I also realized that the exquisite lift at 0:52, while new to V/M, has been seen before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBVXEz17HE). :)
:eek: Whoa the two teams (or maybe I should say these two programs) are so reminiscent of each other, it's almost eerie. Both are beautiful!!

I finally watched Hallelujah and the thing I missed the first time I watched it was the meaning. There's something beyond the performance hidden in there, I don't know what it is, but it moved me. You guys were right, absolutely right. I wish they did something with this, I mean, something more than a three-minute exhibition. Just the intro alone gave me shivers. Poetry.
THIS! I think I've already mentioned how I literally looked away the first time (and second time) I tried to watch it...just stunning!!

Bournekraatzfan
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
On "Hallelujah" (the program, that is) -- it's absolutely gorgeous, but I also realized that the exquisite lift at 0:52, while new to V/M, has been seen before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBVXEz17HE). :)

I saw that, too (G&G are my favourite pairs team of all time, so I have memorized some of their programs :)). And the lift at 0:44 was also used by G&G in "The Man I Love". V&M have the ability to take these moves and make them their own...everything feels so organic with them.

As sap5 mentioned, Sandra Bezic choreographed that program (and I agree she did a great job) but I don't know of any programs she has done after Joannie's "Little Wing" SP. I hope we can find out who choreographed "Halellujah." I just can't stop watching this program along with their little sequence in the "Up" number. I am so impressed with their work for SOI this year, especially considering they had so little time to prepare. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," was already so new, and to have this gorgeous program and some great performances in the group numbers...wow.

jl22aries
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I've also been clicking repeat on their "Up" moment.

Had not planned on going to CSOI, but now I have reconsidered. Haven't bought the tix yet, but I know who I'm schlepping to the show with me and that's a good first step. The one friend who really indulges on my overly detailed rants, and is shockingly excellent at retaining all the facts and gossip. I shall be in good company.

And I am very excited at the prospect of seeing VM live for the first time ever. And also seeing Kurt. Don't know how many more chances we'll get to see him skate live, as it sounds like he is at the twilight of his performing career.

pani
05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
so i hope that it's worth it to go see them live here and that my seats will actually provide a good view.

O, i am sure all be OK and you could enjoy this show.
From disco number video i notice T-S work not only on the judges side ;)
And with Mahler it was different story. I understand you. In Torino at practice i saw it from judges side and even if they didnt made a lot off things, it was somethin out of the World.
But during competiiton i was sitting at not judging site and its was different Mahler ;)

VarBar
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
But they used some different choreo in both numbers. Especially in disco number ;)
Look like all others use new lifts in shows :) And those lifts are from 2008 and 2009 - why not to use it again?

Did I say they shouldn't? No, Pani, I was just trying to identify the person who choreographed Hallelujah for Tessa and and Scott, based on overall style as well as lifts because I thought each choreographer would want to design his own lifts. Thank you to Bournekraatzfan for reminding me that while David Wilson choreographed Jack and Diane, V/M included some of their trademark moves in that program though. Meanwhile, I rewatched Hallelujah and sometimes I felt Marina was behind the choreo but most of the time I felt it was somebody else but I can't tell who.:confused:

Is any Canadian TV channel going to broadcast CSOI this year? I truly appreciate home videos and these recent ones are some of the best but I think that a TV coverage would enable us to see everything from more different angles.:)

pani
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I am sure before CSOI in London T-S will made a lot of interview and maybe journalists will ask them, who made choreo of there exibitions numbers.
I think i read something about CSOI will be shown in Novermber. But i could be wrong, maybe they talk about DVD.

clarie
05-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Don't pounce on me, but I have a gut feeling Tessa (perhaps with some help) was responsible for the choreo of both those programs. At least I hope so. I know she was leaning in that direction a few years ago, and also by doing that it would be saving them some money...any thoughts on that from all you smart fans :)

martyross
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I love the beginning part of Hallelulagh, how he takes her hands so gently, and their foreheads touch, etc. It's so moving and lovingly done. Can't even stand it!!!:swoon:
it immediately reminded me the beginning of this marvel (posted by Pani some time ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uSeFXR0-QA&feature=related
That opening in T&S program is so striking maybe because we see two bodies that deeply communicate even if they are not close to each other. I think, that's why this program looks modern to me, because they look like two different souls and Tessa reaches Scott while keeping separation between them. It's all about the language of the body in a purified, almost abstract choreography. So it's something very different from the fully romantic interpretation of "Adagietto" (even because the lyrics of Halleluja are not romantic at all).
But it may be my desire to finally see something modern in this discipline, that makes me see it this way :)
Anyway, watching the video linked above, i cannot help to imagine how Tessa and Scott's unison and lines could wonderfully work for a contemporary piece in which expression comes from shapes and moves of the body, rather than from "obvious" facial expressions, as we see recently in ice dance.

btw, tapper88, i love the typo in your post, "Hallelulagh" hehehe

Rafter
05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Their Hallelujah preformance has now been posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWXWl1Hdrc

Great and interesting choice for V&M. This is definitely the style they do best. This program was very short, too short (a little over two minutes) and went by in what felt like 30 seconds. Would love to see a competitive FD for them to this song (either KD Lang or Buckley, I prefer Lang).

pani
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Great and interesting choice for V&M. This is definitely the style they do best. This program was very short, too short (a little over two minutes) and went by in what felt like 30 seconds. Would love to see a competitive FD for them to this song (either KD Lang or Buckley, I prefer Lang).

Will you go to CSOI in Toronto? :)

twinktwink
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
you're welcome, twinky (: this Lennon's song talks about how his view of life changed thanks to Yoko Ono, who saved him from hopelessness, so i thought it fits your interpretation of Halleluja's program (: didnt even have to cut the video to match the sync with the music. they were fitting naturally and who knows, it might mean something (:

One of the first things I noticed was how perfectly the music fitted with the routine, the movement and such. Thank you for revealing the meaning behind the song, just goes to show even more just how much John loved Yoko :)

twinktwink
05-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I finally watched Hallelujah and the thing I missed the first time I watched it was the meaning. There's something beyond the performance hidden in there, I don't know what it is, but it moved me. You guys were right, absolutely right. I wish they did something with this, I mean, something more than a three-minute exhibition. Just the intro alone gave me shivers. Poetry.

So glad that you were able to enjoy it more away from work :)

I've just watched it again after a long, horrible day at work and its cheered me right up. Watching it again the idea of Tessa being a ghost popped into my head. The way that Scott keeps stroking her hands over his face and is always standing behind her and holding onto her made me think of a man desperate to feel the touch of his love and to hold her one last time. I love that there's a new way to interpret this routine every time you watch it.

Shayii
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Everybody going to stars on ice have a great time!! I wish I could go so bad :(.