PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

twinktwink
04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
this sounds like a perfect explanation of the program! :)

Thanks and thank you for the new montage, its lovely :)

flowerpower
04-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I was thinking that the other day when I went into that thread to vote. Well there may be less of us but we talk the most and are loud with our support for our team :D

A lot of people respect V/M's skating and/or love watching them, but they don't necessarily post in polls (especially on a topic like this). Don't sweat it.

Everyone who's going to CSOI - have fun! Sounds like Kurt's done a great job with the choreo this year.

martyross
04-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks and thank you for the new montage, its lovely :)

you're welcome, twinky (: this Lennon's song talks about how his view of life changed thanks to Yoko Ono, who saved him from hopelessness, so i thought it fits your interpretation of Halleluja's program (: didnt even have to cut the video to match the sync with the music. they were fitting naturally and who knows, it might mean something (:

Bournekraatzfan
04-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I admire V/M for continuing to skate competitively, despite all the media expectations / health uncertainties / rhetoric from competitors' fans. It would have been "easier" in many ways to simply have retired after the Olys, but I'm glad they took the harder road, because they continue to set a standard for technique and musicality. I hope they get some top-notch choreo next year. Go guys!

well said, flowerpower! agree completely:)

Virtuous and guinny54 from fanforum went to the Ottawa show and took amazing pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurmarshall/sets/72157629565520834/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76569495@N03/sets/72157629929756363/

Thank you soooo much, Shayii! Tessa and Scott always look great in photos--picture perfect:)

I think we found each other - we really love to talk :D
I was happy to read Tessa shine in CSOI. This girl really rock!

hehe, yes we do. I am really grateful for this thread--not only for the links and info, but for the great conversation :)
and yes, Tessa is really rockin' it out there!

my new montage, i hope you like it.
http://vimeo.com/41298734

lovely! thank you, martyross!

Everyone who's going to CSOI - have fun! Sounds like Kurt's done a great job with the choreo this year.

Yes, I hope everyone who's going has fun at the show:)

iggie
05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
i'm going to the toronto show. i'm iffy about my seats. i bought them because a few people convinced me that show programs should project to all areas, not just the judges' side. i don't know if i'll take pictures because i'm not used to taking motion shots and i'd rather just enjoy the skating.

gosh, i hope it warms up in toronto by friday. i wouldn't want to sit by the ice and freeze, then walk outside and freeze (and it's may)

figuristka
05-01-2012, 12:58 AM
i'm going to the toronto show. i'm iffy about my seats. i bought them because a few people convinced me that show programs should project to all areas, not just the judges' side. i don't know if i'll take pictures because i'm not used to taking motion shots and i'd rather just enjoy the skating.

gosh, i hope it warms up in toronto by friday. i wouldn't want to sit by the ice and freeze, then walk outside and freeze (and it's may)

Iam going to the Victoria show and just got end tickets, i think first few rows but a little worried its not a good angle for viewing the programs. Still glad iam attending though. When Canadian Nationals was in Victoria i went too but V/M were not able to compete. Have fun everyone who is going. I didn't sign up for the meet and greet but its a fab idea and i might do it next year if iam still in the country.

iggie
05-01-2012, 01:17 AM
the angle matters to me because i went to see v/m at 2010 nationals. i hated it. i had the seats across from the judges so everything was choreographed away from me. i had the highest seat. it was no where close to the ice. it was their last competition before the olympics and i had bad seats. some people would rather have any seat so long as they see a competition live, but i would have rather saved money on the tickets, the bus ride, and the hotel and just watched the thing on tv.

so i hope that it's worth it to go see them live here and that my seats will actually provide a good view.

zilam98
05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
per marina anissina:
"Muriel became a different person after we started working together. We were all together, complementing each other, we were learning and we pursued our goal. And that was a very positive trait of Muriel - she never opposed us turning to another choreographer or working with another coach. She has always been our main support, she was always there for us."

i just wish this would happen with v/m, but it's never gonna happen.

Emdee
05-01-2012, 02:48 AM
I have on ice seats but on one end and not in the middle. I had almost the same last year and it was great as all the big jumps and moves are done at the two sides. Iggie I am sure your seats will be fine. I had awful seats the top during Olys year but it was still wonderful to see Mahler .

At the end the skaters come around and shake your hand as well.

clarie
05-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Here's hoping you all have fun, but don't forget to post those succulent tidbits :). We are all waiting for your comments here as some of us will not be so fortunate this time around...boo hooo. Lots of great skaters there for comments, but especially V/M and W/P.

lavenderblue
05-01-2012, 03:07 AM
On "Hallelujah" (the program, that is) -- it's absolutely gorgeous, but I also realized that the exquisite lift at 0:52, while new to V/M, has been seen before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBVXEz17HE). :)

sap5
05-01-2012, 03:20 AM
On "Hallelujah" (the program, that is) -- it's absolutely gorgeous, but I also realized that the exquisite lift at 0:52, while new to V/M, has been seen before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBVXEz17HE). :)

I know! When I saw V/M do it, I immediately remembered G&G doing it.

Did David Wilson really choreograph Hallelujah?

lavenderblue
05-01-2012, 03:22 AM
I know! When I saw V/M do it, I immediately remembered G&G doing it.

Did David Wilson really choreograph Hallelujah?

Literally the only indication I've seen of that, at least, has been speculation in this thread.

My money would be on Tessa/Scott with Marina in some capacity, but that's just my guess. But if anyone knows more definitively, it'd be fun to know.

sap5
05-01-2012, 03:23 AM
I had the impression that V/M choreographed it themselves, but that's only from watching the program itself. :)

I remember Sandra Bezic choreographed "The Man I Love" for G&G. She did a good job with it. ;)

Golightly
05-01-2012, 03:55 AM
I finally watched Hallelujah and the thing I missed the first time I watched it was the meaning. There's something beyond the performance hidden in there, I don't know what it is, but it moved me. You guys were right, absolutely right. I wish they did something with this, I mean, something more than a three-minute exhibition. Just the intro alone gave me shivers. Poetry.