PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
04-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Speaking of timing. If you pause the Married Life video around the 11-second mark, you can see how they both hold their feet mid-step to go in time with the music. It's like you do when you play the piano, for instance, when you want to hold a note? I mean, it's remarkable, guys.

Oh, Giacchino would be such a great choice for a free dance if that uplifting rule were not in place. Most of his work for both Alias and Lost is wonderful, especially what he did for Lost: http://youtu.be/y_861tHM2CU.

Bournekraatzfan
04-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you sooooooooo much, marikat, pani, Mandy12, jl22aries for the clips from the show and to martyross for uploading them for our friends in this thread who couldn't access the originals.

And thank you IoanaC for the story about Tessa and the song “Hallelujah”—I had never heard/read that before, and I really like knowing about a skater's/skaters' attachment to a particular song.

And thanks also to Golightly, jl22aries (again:)) and Shayii for the story on "Up"—I, like clarie, had never seen this movie nor did I know its story, so I appreciate you providing us with that info (especially because it is a film of which you three seem to be so fond--I really like reading that, too:)). This music is really beautiful and I am so happy that they used my favourite part of the choreography from Funny Face ("S'Wonderful") in this section, adjusting it, softening it in places to fit the music and mood of this number. And I agree with others, they act this part so beautifully, both responding to the music perfectly and conveying the meaning of this scene with such care and subtlety.

I have to say, I got choked up watching "Hallelujah," and I agree with martyross's description of that program. One of my favourite parts is the beginning, where they take each other's hands...they take their time doing so, making this moment so pregnant with meaning. I just love these two. Incredible artists.

and I really love reading everyone's thoughts and feelings on these show numbers, so I hope you all keep them coming:)

Golightly
04-29-2012, 06:34 AM
I was just thinking. Tessa tends to pick those songs, doesn't she? I mean, "Hallelujah", "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", I am sure she picked "I Want To Hold Your Hand" as well. Seems to me she has a lot of say where exos are concerned.

m_chenning
04-29-2012, 06:52 AM
My exhibition dance dream for them (or even FD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhcZ2dj4b4) . Not only making it (doing it) like "lovey dovey stuff" :D, but something with story and power and original choreo.

And I can't imagine , who is capable to create so erotic, so deep-layered choreo in order to do justice the Hallelujah on the ice. Maybe some song shouldn't be chosen for the skating? It's very special song, and so many times we saw in the movies silly love-scenes with this song, but it's not only about IT.

bbkenn
04-29-2012, 08:18 AM
This. His Hallelujah is, perhaps, the best cover ever made.

Did Tessa and Scott pick this song or Kurt did?

I prefer KD Lang's version. More powerful and poignant.

Shayii
04-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks to all who have posted these links! So great!

Interesting to see Tessa and Scott vs. Ilia and Katia, who played those roles on the US tour....with all due respect to two of the best skaters ever to walk the earth (Ilia and Katia)- I think Tessa and Scott's is 100% better...so sweet and heartfelt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqBEcrkA9Oo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnkWRpvxotw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

That's funny you should say that cuz I've read elsewhere, where the person prefers Ilia and Katia's version. IDK I think both pairs take a slightly different approach to the enactment, but I do prefers Tessa and Scott's.

Golightly I think Tessa does a lot of, if not all, the choreo for the exhibitions so maybe that's why she gets the final decision on music.

pani
04-29-2012, 09:58 AM
You're killing me. dries my tears

This is a longer clip of the one Golightly posted, including the beautiful backstory and aftermath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBQYAE-pMk&feature=related

Clarie I recommend you watch this!

Thank you!
Sad story :(
Like an uber i like Hallelujah :D I feel like its too personal and maybe people must not to be at the arena during this exibition :D I think this why they choose this version.
And i like when this show there super skating skills.
I dont think they will go in this direction in next season FD, but if after FF people talking the same things about first love - who care, what thye skate? :D For me this is not first love, its something more mature.
I think David Wilson made this choreo.
But for me all there numbers is good, so dont pay attention :)))))))))))

figuristka
04-29-2012, 11:14 AM
You're killing me. dries my tears

This is a longer clip of the one Golightly posted, including the beautiful backstory and aftermath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBQYAE-pMk&feature=related

Clarie I recommend you watch this!

Thankyou so much for the clip, i didn't think an animated story could be so touching. I admit my eyes were watering up.

Love "Hallelujah" i was trying hard not to watch too many soi clips as iam going on the 16th and don't want to spoil it but this is the kind of program i love. As i wanted them to skate to "kissing you" with their "want to hold you hand" music, its so moving and reminds me of this.

clarie
04-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I just want to say "Thank you" fellow V/M fans for all the helpful and knowledgeable posts. It sure is keeping moi entertained :).

twinktwink
04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Hallelujah is so beautiful. I'm falling in love with it more every time I watch it. I agree with you pani that its like you're seeing something that's very private and that makes me love it even more.

I don't really see a romantic storyline when I watch it.though, not in the conventional sense anyway. When I watch it I get this idea that the character Scott is playing is dancing with his salvation or guardian angel. It's like he's a troubled soul finding a moment of absolution. I see something new every time I watch it and it makes me change my perception of it each time but that's the one that comes back to me the most.

pani
04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Hallelujah is so beautiful. I'm falling in love with it more every time I watch it. I agree with you pani that its like you're seeing something that's very private and that makes me love it even more.

I don't really see a romantic storyline when I watch it.though, not in the conventional sense anyway. When I watch it I get this idea that the character Scott is playing is dancing with his salvation or guardian angel. It's like he's a troubled soul finding a moment of absolution. I see something new every time I watch it and it makes me change my perception of it each time but that's the one that comes back to me the most.

Very interesting thoughts about Hallelujah. Thaks for shared you thoughts with us :)
I am sure Tessa is an Angel - i saw this even in her dress.

sequins
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole Up number. It's a really great idea to homage that scene from the movie. I got welled up....well I always get welled up just thinking about that opening sequence. (I cried "ugly" in the theatre. We're talking, like, audible heaving.)

I cannot watch that and not cry. Up breaks me like no other film and there have been so many great ones, but this one slays me completely.
Tell me about it. Unfortunately I was on an airplane the first time I saw it. I started bawling and had to shut it off quickly and pull myself together and watch it at a later date but it took me awhile because I didn't think I could handle it:lol: It really does just tear you up.

Hallelujah was simple and lovely. I know Tessa loved kd lang's version at the Olys would've been nice it they could've used that, but this is good too. Hopefully now they can now mix up their ex. pieces next season.

skatingfan04
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
You guys are killing me! I'm not letting myself watch any of the clips because I'm going to the Toronto show on Friday night, but I'm really curious now. I think I'll have to boycott this thread for a week to avoid temptation. :lol:

Thanks for the backstory on Up though. :D I have never seen it, but now I feel like I'll at least be able to understand the group number.

HSGP21
04-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Smile? https://twitter.com/#!/starsonice/status/196616602110803969/photo/1/large

pani
04-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Smile? https://twitter.com/#!/starsonice/status/196616602110803969/photo/1/large

Lucky girls - a lot of chocolate :D
Thanks!