PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #17 - Love 'n' life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Pani, let it go. Leave Davis and White alone, too. For crying out loud, you seem to be the only V-M uber obsessed with their main rivals. Relax, the season is over, enjoy the shows even from a distance. God, reading you talk about Davis and White every single day is so exhausting. It's hard to ignore you because you often have very good things to say, I only wish your approach to rooting for V-M were different, and by different I mean not in terms of what they can or cannot do better than Davis and White or what the D-W fandom say or do not say. It doesn't matter, Pani, in the end, who are Olympic champions and two-time World champions? Breathe.

Its hard to ignore things like this. ;) They could stop talking about V-M in D0W ubersa thread, why? :lol:

sammyhi
04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry, Pani, but where is some hating? I read back in the D&W pages and I don't see where the fans wrote something hateful. I saw some quotes by other people praising D&W, but nothing by fans, just quotes. Is this what you are talking of?

martyross
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I find that many times Pani does the right thing in saying what she says. and after all, everyone lives the fandom in his way, i don't think one way is better than others. Nothing written in the thread disturbs me, unless of course it's offensive toward Tessa and Scott. Being always positive is probably the social way, but this doesn't make it automatically the better one.

pani
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
del

bmcg
04-28-2012, 08:00 PM
You really need to train yourself to ignore D&W threads and don't mention them. You wrote how happy you were watching Worlds in Nice. When you remove yourself from negative threads or posts it's so much easier to enjoy the skating. Just don't go in there, I stopped and it really does remove any irritation. I also didn't read that blog many were talking about earlier and will never read it.

Golightly
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
You really need to train yourself to ignore D&W threads and don't mention them. You wrote how happy you were watching Worlds in Nice. When you remove yourself from negative threads or posts it's so much easier to enjoy the skating. Just don't go in there, I stopped and it really does remove any irritation. I also didn't read that blog many were talking about earlier and will never read it.

Exactly.

sammyhi
04-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I understand, I think if someone talks about me, I want to know what they say. It's hard to turn away and pretend it's not there. But don't make hate where there is none. Sometimes people might not mean to be sounding so hard, but you feel sensitive for your team you love. All fans get carried away with a feeling of both good and bad for their favorite.

Shayii
04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL @ that guy in the front row that fell asleep and got woken up by the audience clapping.

And here we have fans who'd like to go buy can't. Life ain't fair. :lol:
:lol: haha!! I completely missed that when I saw this video. How could he fall asleep while Tessa and Scott are skating? Lol and you're right life is unfair cuz I wish I could have been there :(.

Sorry to disappoint you Shayii but I think the choreo may be the same, the person that taped it just so happened to start from mid-way through the program so they'd just missed the roll on the ice. I'm not all that fond of that bit either, I'm always thinking that she's going to take out Scott's feet and that they'll end up as one big pile on the ice :eek:

I think you're right. The number is still growing on me though (or so I think). And WTH I just made the connection, Tessa loves Marvin Gaye and they're skating Ain't No Mountain High Enough. I love Marvin Gaye too, but I hope she's not getting any ideas about going this direction for next season's programs. But if I remember correctly I think it's Scott's turn to choose anyways lol.

Canadian tux for dummies:
http://fora.mtv.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/britneyjustin.jpg
resembles how the two guys were dressed in Brokeback mountain

i think their music selection was very good - let's be less demanding on them :)

:lol::lol: the Brokeback reference is so funny!! And you are right we are demanding of them (as you can see from my post above).

Golightly
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes, and it's not like you haven't said mean things about Davis and White, Pani, especially Meryl, who is actually a very sweet girl. I am all for discussing both teams, any team in fact, on terms of their skating: what they do well, what they don't do as well, but crossing the line and posting hurtful things about them as people is just wrong. Yes, some do it, but not everyone is like that. I have many friends who are D-W ubers and we are able to have civilized conversations about skating, most of them are good people. So the best thing to do is just ignore those who are hurtful, because more often than not they are wrong and retort to insult to defend a point that has no solid argument to back it up.

Shayii
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
so cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnkWRpvxotw&feature=plcp
Omg thanks for posting this! Martyross I died and went right to heaven with you. This is so cute and I love Up, it's such a cute movie. So does Tessa get "pregnant" at the end of this clip (I think that's what that means with all the hand gestures) cuz in the movie Ellie couldn't have kids. And who's playing the older versions of Ellie and Carl :lol:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89P96nlft4
W-P and V-M did high lift.
Thanks for posting this too. This show looks freaking amazing, especially the choreography!

Feel sad D-W fans still so angry and look like they didnt want to see V-M will skate anymore :( When V-M lose all season D-W they didnt post something like this.
Why people couldnt let skaters compete? Why they hate so much people, who they never met?
I am really worry about Teesa and Scott health - hope this hating will not bring nothing bad for them.
Sorry, but i couldnt ignore that post.
Pani don't go into the D/W thread since what they post makes you this upset. Only one person wants them to retire and I'm pretty sure that person hates them anyways, so why would that bother you. And I'm also sure Tessa and Scott will continue to stay in their bubble and be immune to all of this :).

sammyhi
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
^^^Yes, Golightly, agree :)

marikat
04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Girls number :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LboHZ_7qOE&feature=plcp

Golightly
04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
This is so cute and I love Up, it's such a cute movie. So does Tessa get "pregnant" at the end of this clip (I think that's what that means with all the hand gestures) cuz in the movie Ellie couldn't have kids.

I guess it's like a slightly, more optimistic version? Like, what if Ellie had gotten pregnant? :D They are dressed like Ellie and Carl, too. It's so adorable.

Shayii
04-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't believe W/P skated to Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine, I love that sound so much and I've been hoping for awhile T/S would skate an ex to it. But this is the next best thing. I love Katherine McPhee cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vBLoXnedGo&feature=related) too from Smash.

HSGP21
04-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Girls number :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LboHZ_7qOE&feature=plcp

Is this geoblocked for anyone else :( Such a shame, his others have not been!