PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Books You Can't Wait to Read

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Vagabond
04-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Ah, the WTT. What a fitting end to the season! :blah:

Now it's time for me to catch up on my reading.

:sekret: is sending me a bootlegged translation of what she says Russian figure skaters and their coaches regard as a cult classic. I'm not sure who the author is or what the original title is, but the translation is called Always Use Gloves. It sounds fascinating, and I can't wait to read it. :)

Here are a few other books I can't wait to read.

Pithy Remarks for Every Occasion, by Scott Moir (with an afterword by Eric Radford)
How I Broke My Potato's Damnation, by Michal Březina
The Well-Constructed Free Program, by Ksenia Makarova
Going Full Circle, by Ksenia Makarova
Landing on My Own Two Feet, by Ashley Wagner
Choosing the Agent That's Right for You, by Laura Lepistö
Pain-Free for Life!, by Evgeni Plushenko
The Old Lady and the Dirty Old Man: The Complete Correspondence of Yana Khokhlova and Nikolai Morozov, edited by Nikita Katsalapov

If you have any recommendations, please post them here.

:watch:

RobinA
04-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Coach Changing for Dummies - Michelle Kwan
10 Ways to Kill a Golden Goose- USFSA
The Advantages to Always Looking Like a Good Sport - Nancy Kerrigan
How To Blow Up a Career - Oksana Baiul, Ghost Writer - Christopher Bowman
Eligibility - Only the Beginning - Brian Boitano
What To Do When Your Costume is Attacked By a Cat - Irina Slutskaya
On UnBended Knee - Maria Butyrskaya
Standing Up for What's Right - Sasha Cohen
Unfulfilled Potential - Johnny Weir
Doing It When It Counts - Rudy Galindo; contributors Sarah Hughes, Paul Wylie

falling_dance
04-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Din of the Black Swans, with contributions from Ashley Wagner, Tatiana Volosozhar, Maxim Trankov, Samantha Cesario, Yréthe Silété, Alexandra Najarro, Aislin Rosado and several others
Lutz Not and Say We Did, by Alena Leonova
Ice Castles II: Evil Never Dies: The novelization of the movie in which Badham Ripper exacts revenge on his long-standing nemesis, Waxel Olsson. :slinkaway
70s Baroque Ave Marias and Killer Clowns of the Caribbean: The 2011-2012 Season in Retrospect, by Nikolai Morozov (It's not like I've ever used that title before. :shuffle:)

Aussie Willy
04-22-2012, 07:56 AM
70s Baroque Ave Marias and Killer-Clowns of the Caribbean: The 2011-2012 Season in Retrospect, by Nikolai Morozov (It's not like I've ever used that title before. :shuffle:)
This one. :D

Tact and Discretion by Scott Moir

Loves_Shizuka
04-22-2012, 08:06 AM
101 Make-Up Tips: From Beginner to Professional by Elena Ilynikh with contributions from Elena Glebova, Surya Bonaly, Alena Leonova and Caydee Denney.

Posture, Posture, Posture: A Love Story by Ekaterina Bobrova and Miki Ando. (Available only in Russian and Japanese at the moment)

The Vomit Diaries: Living the American Dream! The Thoughts and recollections of Jeremy Abbott and Alissa Czisny

Dance the Avant Garde by Maia and Alex Shibutani

Confessions of a dirty old goat: The Nikolai Morozov Story

figuristka
04-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Finding the silver lining by having a heart of Gold. By Daisuke Takahashi

The secrets to the program components score .By Patrick Chan

Love them both

essence_of_soy
04-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Big Love. Inside the Nikolai Morozov Harem. Introduction by Miki Ando and Alena Leonova.

Ode to a Dartfish. The Collected Thoughts of Christy Krall. Foreword by Patrick Chan and Kathy Johnson.

I'll have what she's having. 100 easy steps to making the Canadian Ladies' World Team by Amelie Lacoste and Cynthia Phaneuf. Introduction by Michael Slipchuk.

It's all sushi to me. Understanding WTT Kiss and Cry Japanese MC Interviews. By Mervin Tran and Chris Reed.

How to make friends and influence people. By Scott Moir.

NASA is my stylist. Space suits for every occasion. By Carolina Kostner.

CassAgain
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Quiet Reflections by Meagan Duhamel

The Art of Damage Control by Eric Radford

essence_of_soy
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
From LA to New York. From New York to LA. Choosing the right coach for you. By Ashley Wagner. Foreword by Shirley Hughes, Priscilla Hill and John Nicks.

CassAgain
04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
'S Torturous: A Guide to Picking Audience Friendly Music by Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue and Marina Zueva

aftershocks
04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
^^ :rofl:

Ah, the WTT. What a fitting end to the season! :blah:
Choosing the Agent That's Right for You, by Laura Lepistö
If you have any recommendations, please post them here.

:watch:

How to Avoid Choosing the Agent That's Wrong for You, by Evan Lysacek

Diplomacy and Sportsmanship for All Seasons and All Events, by Michelle Kwan, with Apologia by Scott Moir

How to Turn Hate into Love in Less Than 20 Minutes, by Scott Moir, with Foreword by The Canadian Federation

Melding Marriage with a Figure Skating Comeback, by Johnny Weir and Victor Voronov

From 4th Place Comedy to 2nd Place Catastrophe: How to Reach the Podium with the Wrong Choreographic/ Music Choices, by Alena/ Aliona Leonova, with Foreword by Olga Volozhinskaya :(, and Afterword by Nikolai Morozov :rockstar:

snoopyskater
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
How to Run a Gold Medal Pairs Program by the USFSA
My Successful Professional Career by Tonya Harding
Trendsetting Costume Design by Scott Hamilton
101 Ways to Use a Beilman Position by Irina Slutskatya and Evgeni Plushenko
Advice on Changing Your Name by Pasha
How to Implement Team Competition and Snub Synchronized Skating at the Olympics by Olympic Organizing Committee

PDilemma
04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
She's the NEXT BIG THING! A Guide to Marketing Junior Skaters Without Hype by the USFSA.

Rex
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Personal Responsibility, By Emanuel Sandhu; Foreword by Tonya Harding
Thin Thighs in 30 Days, By Brian Boitano

aftershocks
04-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Triple Axel Trials and Tribulations, by Adam Rippon, with Foreword by Stephane Lambiel, and Afterword by Jason Brown

The Vagaries of and Victories Against Equipment and Costume Unpredictabilities, by Mark Ladwig and Ross Miner

Rockin’ in the Garden of Souls and Rollin’ at WTT with Blues for Chanook, by Daisuke Takahashi :cool:

The Dancer Within: Becoming Untrapped and Freeing My Latent Artistry, by Patrick Chan, with Foreword by Kathy Johnson; Thumbs down review by Christy Krall

The Edges of Doubt: To Retire Or Not to Retire When You Lose Your Competitive Desire, by Patrick Chan, Afterword by Stephane Lambiel

A Must See Film! Rated X for Xcitement:
Attack of the Undeafeatable SS, starring Patrick Chan, directed by Toller Cranston, written by Steve Milton, featuring Kurt Browning, Jeffrey Buttle, Christy Krall, and Kathy Johnson, costume design by Tess Johnson, stunts designed by Emanuel Sandhu, Stand-In for Chan: Han Yan, produced by P.J. Kwong, with cameos by ISU judges and members of the Chan Gang and the Canadian Federation; 2-Star Review by Elvis Stojko.