Pages : [1] 2 3

overedge
04-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh dear....

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20120419/Mel-Gibson-rant-120419/

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I first read about this last week.
He needs a psychiatric evaluation/treatment, not publicity.

Buzz
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Is it possible Mel is bipolar or something?

Cheylana
04-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm no mental health professional, but something is very wrong with Mel. For every incident we hear about, I wonder how many unpublicized incidents we don't hear about. I mean, that friend went to his house with a tape recorder as though he anticipated some sort of outburst from Mel.

numbers123
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Is it possible Mel is bipolar or something?

Since Bi-polar has several different types, to jump on behavior of celebs who are out of control and make a guess at diagnosis is harmful to those who have bi-polar illness

There are several types of bipolar disorder; all involve episodes of depression and mania to a degree.

Bipolar disorder is a lifelong illness. Episodes of mania and depression eventually can occur again, if you don't get treatment. A small percentage of people will continue to have symptoms, even after getting treatment for their bipolar disorder. Here are the types of bipolar disorder:

Bipolar I disorder involves episodes of severe mood swings, from mania to depression.

Bipolar II disorder is a milder form, involving milder episodes of hypomania that alternate with depression.

Cyclothymic disorder describes even milder mood changes.

IIRC, Mel has had some drug and alcohol problems in the past? If so, that combined with any type of mental illness, people not making him responsible for his actions. A combination of all three could lead to these actions, or no connection to these factors could be the issue. Mel may have behavior that people often associate with bi-polar, but I believe he has many more that are just plain anger/control issues.

To me, the man appears to be someone who has anger management issues and control issues, where people have not made him responsible for his actions. Would anyone without money or fame be allowed to carry on like this?

Tesla
04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

genevieve
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM

Yep. I don't care if Mel Gibson has a legitimate mental health issue. He's a racist anti-semite and a jackass. The more publicity there is around his behavior the more likely he might actually feel some of the repercussions of his behavior, career-wise.

mag
04-19-2012, 10:59 PM

Yup! I suspect that his first wife was able to somehow keep him on a short leash. Now that she is out of the picture, i think we are seeing, and hearing, the real Mel.

Anita18
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Yup! I suspect that his first wife was able to somehow keep him on a short leash. Now that she is out of the picture, i think we are seeing, and hearing, the real Mel.
And that is why she deserves half his money. :shuffle:

AliasJohnDoe
04-19-2012, 11:06 PM
For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. And the "Mad Max" and "Lethal Weapon" movies were some of my favorites in the past. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

my little pony
04-19-2012, 11:17 PM
why is joe eszterhas at his house making secret recordings?

Ziggy
04-19-2012, 11:41 PM

I am sure it was just a coincidence and it totally wasn't planned with financial gain in mind. :P

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 11:49 PM
If you were going to work with Mel Gibson (writing a script, in this case) you might want to document the event, given Gibson's "history".

danceronice
04-20-2012, 12:29 AM
He sounds like a bipolar patient off his meds.

Prancer
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM

Because he is also an asshole.