PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson Goes off the Rails Again: Audiotape Released

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Scintillation
04-20-2012, 01:57 AM
All I can think of is how when South Park did their Passion of the Jew episode several years back, their caricature of Mel Gibson was comically ridiculous. Looking back, it wasn't that far off from the real thing.

My dad used to have crazed screaming fits like that when I was a kid. It wasn't a mental issue, it was an anger management issue. My dad has improved a lot over the years, and has gained a lot of perspective and awareness of what his temper tantrums did to us growing up. Mel's gone in the opposite direction. I'd like to think that underneath all those layers of asshole there's a decent human being somewhere, but considering all the reports about inhumane working conditions on his films, probably not.

KHenry14
04-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Joe Esterhaus is no saint to be sure, but he's Saint Francis compared to Mel. To say Mel has Anger Management issues is an understatement. Set aside his virulent anti-semitism (which isn't easy) he's a jackass of the highest order and why anyone would want to work with him is beyond me.

KHenry14
04-20-2012, 02:04 AM
But I must add one thing to my other post about a different type of Mel. Before the release of "The Passion" Mel took the film around to various ministers and pastors looking for their opinion and input. I know a minister who got a private screening with Mel and about a dozen other ministers, and he told me that Mel coudn't have been nicer and genuinely wanted to know what they thought. How that jibes with this raving lunatic I don't know, but I thought I ought to mention it.

duane
04-20-2012, 02:06 AM
why is joe eszterhas at his house making secret recordings?
Seems like an invasion of privacy. If Joe had recorded it at his own house, fine. But to record someone who's in his own home?

Scintillation
04-20-2012, 02:11 AM
According to other websites it was not Joe making the recording but Joe's 15 year old son. Still, Joe took the recording and released it.

MacMadame
04-20-2012, 04:27 AM
I mean, that friend went to his house with a tape recorder as though he anticipated some sort of outburst from Mel.
Screen writers often use tape recorders in their work. I wouldn't assume he brought for any hidden purpose other than to record notes about the script.

antmanb
04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Screen writers often use tape recorders in their work. I wouldn't assume he brought for any hidden purpose other than to record notes about the script.

Also most smart phones these days have a voice recorders on them these days.

paskatefan
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
I first read about this last week.
He needs a psychiatric evaluation/treatment, not publicity.

Yep. I don't care if Mel Gibson has a legitimate mental health issue. He's a racist anti-semite and a jackass. The more publicity there is around his behavior the more likely he might actually feel some of the repercussions of his behavior, career-wise.

For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

:respec:

heckles
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I know a minister who got a private screening with Mel and about a dozen other ministers, and he told me that Mel coudn't have been nicer and genuinely wanted to know what they thought.

It's not a huge accomplishment to be on one's best behavior for a couple of hours in a room full of ministers.

Why are people still watching this guy? He's not even that attractive anymore.

Prancer
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Joe Esterhaus is no saint to be sure, but he's Saint Francis compared to Mel.

I wouldn't say that. Eszterhas has a history of asshattery all his own, with no help from Mel.

julieann
04-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Clearly he has issues but I'm leery about 'recordings' that don't included everything up to the rant. I'm sure if you were a fly on the wall of any meeting with producers and writers you would hear the same thing. It may not be right but if it weren't Mel Gibson or Christan Bale would anyone care? If I were Mel Gibson I would record everything I said so you can hear what Joe Eszterhas said prior to Gibson to set him off, it seems contrived and set up.

"Why don't I have a first draft of 'The Maccabees'? What the **** have you been doing? I'll type it!

"I go to work, you're getting paid, I'm not! ****! I am earning money for a filthy little ****** who takes advantage of me! Just like every *******! So hurry the **** up!"

Well Joe, where is your first draft? What have you been doing? They are legitimate questions. My biggest problem is why he would want Joe Eszterhas to write for him in the first place, that guy sucks.

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Why were they considering having Mel Gibson in a Jewish-themed movie? Is this a joke?

Rob
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I heard part of this on TMZ last night. Unbelieveable.

Beefcake
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Please please please please please, Jodie Foster, this time, do not come to this hateful creature's defense.

Another round of that and the stain may spread to your reputation.

Latte
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. And the "Mad Max" and "Lethal Weapon" movies were some of my favorites in the past. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

THIS^
Also, I think if they don't do something about him he may kill someone one day.
And he should not be alowed near his little girl. She is not safe with him.

:eek: