PDA

View Full Version : American Idol 4/18-4/19

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

my little pony
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Lee had zero charisma. I still can't figure that one out.

in the battle of yankees, the voters were confused

doesnt phil write music? if his songs are good, he will be fine. i heard an original song of elise's that was really good.

let's say jessica wins. if no one likes the material on her cd, it wont sell regardless of how many people think she is a great singer.

AxelAnnie
04-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I predicted Colton to win but am glad to be wrong, he seems like he was getting a little above it all and bored with the show from what I saw last week.

Absolutely what I thought!

skatesindreams
04-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Let's say Jessica wins. If no one likes the material on her cd, it wont sell regardless of how many people think she is a great singer.

Whoever "packages" her will need to be careful of this.
I believe that it's the primary reason for the "failure" of some Idol winners.

Rob
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Colton was the worst this week, but I am surprised that he left. The kiddos must have turned on him when he did spider legged Gaga and acted like he didn't care about the criticism.

I have been saying for weeks that Jessica's songs are not age appropriate.

taf2002
04-20-2012, 07:15 PM
in the battle of yankees, the voters were confused

That may be but that doesn't explain how in the hell Lee was even close to the final 2. IMO he didn't even have the "cute white boy" working for him. I thought he was a little pudgy & ordinary looking. If cute white boy with guitar is what people were wanting, why didn't Casey James end up in the final 2? The talent in season 9 was pretty underwhelming overall anyway, esp after Siobhan Magnus was voted off.

pollyanna
04-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Kris Allen didn't have the strongest voice, but he had charisma and charm
He also made some really smart song choices.

If only we'd had a Kris/Adam/Allison final three. Sigh.
Ain't it the truth.

PeterG
04-20-2012, 10:37 PM
The talent in season 9 was pretty underwhelming overall anyway, esp after Siobhan Magnus was voted off.

:lol:

You used "talent" and "Siobhan Magnus" in the same sentence!!

:P

:yikes:

:scream:

taf2002
04-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Have you heard her lately? I love her music.

Allskate
04-21-2012, 04:36 AM
I like the tone of Phillip's voice. I don't see much comparison to Lee. As to why Lee won, he got tons of support from the judges, especially Simon. Casey did not. Plus, they really discouraged Casey from using his guitar and the songs did not suit him. He ended up looking uncomfortable much of the time. I was surprised when I saw Casey's pre-Idol performances because they were so much better. IMO, Crystal should have won, but I don't think she had the right image for this pageant.

cruisin
04-21-2012, 01:36 PM
IMO, Crystal should have won, but I don't think she had the right image for this pageant.

I think a lot of people would agree with you. For me, Crystal and Adam were the most unfair Idol wins/loses of all of the seasons. Next would be Hayley. This season, I think Jessica is the most talented. But, I would be okay with her not winning.

PeterG
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Have you heard her lately? I love her music.

I haven't, so I checked amazon. Found out that Siobhan released a CD in January called "Moonbaby". Here are the amazon saples of her CD (http://www.amazon.com/Moonbaby/dp/B00700YN3I/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335043357&sr=301-1).

Certainly not horrific, but not good enough to make me want to request it for free listening from my local library. :D Many of her rough edges have been sanded off. :P