04-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Skylar
Phillip
Jessica
Holly
Joshua
Elize
Colton

It's tough to guess who's going home tomorrow. I can deal with Colton getting the boot but it ain't happening this early I think.

skateboy
04-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Elise singing "Let's Get It On" was :yikes::scream:

Allskate
04-19-2012, 06:03 AM
I'd send Colton home, but I don't think there's any way that's going to happen. If there is a surprise, I think it will be Skylar since she wasn't in the bottom three last week. But, I think the country audience will come out for her stronger than ever this week, and it may be Elise finally go home.

I hope it isn't Hollie because I think this was one of her best weeks. I feared for her when I learned she was doing Adele, but she held her own. (It was actually the contestants who did Lady Gaga songs that paled in comparison, especially Colton).

I also hope that Jessica doesn't go home. She just too talented. I'm guessing her fans will power vote after last week, though.

If Joshua's fans do the same thing, it might be Phillip's turn to finally end up in the bottom three. Phillip's fans might think he's safe.

phoenixflamezzz
04-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Colton turning September into a dirge...I can't.

puglover
04-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Maybe I'm just too old to get this show anymore but I feel my jaw drop every time these judges open their mouths this year. They seem consistently over the top ecstatic for their favourites and so lukewarm and critical of the ones that don't seem to be the "chosen few". I think Colton and Philip are cute and good but not nearly as interesting as some of the former year contestants that haven't really done much since. I think Hollie is very cute and has a great voice - some criticism seems just but to me they are way too negative on her. Jessica is fantastic but I also get why she was almost sent home. Joshua would be nice to listen to for a song or two but not a whole album for me and they sure lavish the praise on him. I think I like Skylar and Elise the best. For me, Elise, though not always perfect, has a very likeable voice with such mellow tones and I could listen to her and not get tired of it. Skylar is just so much fun - I think she could be the spoiler in this. I just feel like the judges are commenting by agenda. And Jennifer drives me nuts. Where is Simon - damn.

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Elise is likely too "old" to be successful with AI's voting demographic.

KikiSashaFan
04-19-2012, 04:54 PM
At this point the only person I'd be disappointed with winning is Jessica. She has the potential to be great, but she's not there yet and I don't think they're doing her any favors by always fawning over her and never giving any constructive criticism.

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Jessica is young - and naturally talented enough - to be "molded" into whatever the record company/music industry wants/needs her to be.
That's the reason AI/judges/etc. are "pushing" her with the audience.

Rob
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I actually am not in favor of Phillip winning because he will get schlock crap to sing. The contestants who are songwriters should be able to do their own stuff. Jessica/Joshua/Hollie and maybe Skylar would probably be fine with the schlock songs.

PeterG
04-19-2012, 06:56 PM
The fact that you all have voted Mr. Constipation as #1 in the attached poll (Mr. C. is votefortheworst's pick as well) is why I've been steering clear of these AI threads!! :lol:

taf2002
04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
The fact that you all have voted Mr. Constipation as #1 in the attached poll (Mr. C. is votefortheworst's pick as well) is why I've been steering clear of these AI threads!! :lol:

I didn't vote for him. I think he's cute & a good musician but not a good singer.

phoenixflamezzz
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Jessica is young - and naturally talented enough - to be "molded" into whatever the record company/music industry wants/needs her to be.
That's the reason AI/judges/etc. are "pushing" her with the audience.

And why Kelly and Carrie have been so successful. Although they did push Lee, which I still cannot get over.

But honestly, who actually thought Taylor/David/Kris Allen/Lee would ever become big stars? Maybe Kris since he had the look and was the poppiest of the lot, and even then, those types of artists don't become huge (John Mayer aside). Even Mraz who had some big hits, will open under 100k next week with his new album.

The only potential kind of contestants that will become big: female pop singer, country singer, and maybe, maybe a pop/r&b artist. I think Jessica and Skylar are the only two with any real potential to become big sellers.

taf2002
04-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think Nigel really cares if the winner becomes big. The show doesn't get the money from the CD sales. That's why it's hard to understand why they push some contestants & not others. Kelly & Carrie won during seasons where the agenda wasn't so clear.

phoenixflamezzz
04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't think Nigel really cares if the winner becomes big. The show doesn't get the money from the CD sales. That's why it's hard to understand why they push some contestants & not others. Kelly & Carrie won during seasons where the agenda wasn't so clear.

Nigel doesn't care, but I'm sure RCA did and now Jimmy Iovine/Interscope do since they're legally bounded to sign at least the winner.

LuckyCharm
04-20-2012, 01:18 AM
opening number to "dancing in the street." lame.

josh and hollie in the hotseat. josh safe. hollie bottom 3.