PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

zotza
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Interview with Dimitri

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120425/593599061.html

Apparently there was an offer from Krylova to work with her, but they chose Zhulin instead. I don't understand completely, but I think it may have been that they didn't want to be in the same group as Weaver/Poje as well as Pechalat/Bourzat.

- Поговаривали о том, что Анжелика Крылова хочет поработать с российской парой. Не было желания перебраться в Штаты?

- Да, было такое предложение, и мы тоже над ним думали. Но у Крыловой есть канадская пара (Кэйтлин Уивер/Эндрю Поже), и трудно было сказать, на кого бы сделали ставку. А Жулин обещал, что будет с нами работать и полностью менять, приглашать специалистов из разных областей и по актерскому мастерству, и по хореографии, будем работать над костюмами.

They said that working hard on their technique as well as their image on ice. They mentioned starting from zero which probably means skating skills and posture issues.

Their PCS were already really high for what they were doing. Imagine how much higher they'll be with these improvements. Also, I hope that they can work on getting their levels especially on footwork and pattern dances because they weren't having trouble with the other elements for the most part.

I liked the interview.It seems they clearly understood all the problems and want to change things radically.
I prefer Zhulin to Krylova too,he's good at doing exactly what B/S need: packaging and choreography.

Hedwig
04-25-2012, 10:44 PM
As an I&K fan I am very jealous that all these other teams are moving to good coaches. :(

This.

But I am so happy to see more couples going to Zhulin. The programs from the Azerbajanis this season were my highlight. The Junior Worlds program from I/K were stunning. He has great and voidy ideas and I cannot wait to see it all.

But the combination from Zhulin (voidy) an B/S (dry as rice) is weird. I wonder who will prevail. ;)

caseyedwards
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
The Gold and Silver positions are not voidy at all. Maybe P/B were voidy with their Mummy program but one mistake and they would have been off the podium again to non voidy W/P like last year with non-voidy S/S.

Ziggy
04-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Great decision by Bobrova/Soloviev. They need a style injection and posture/lines revamp (she's almost horizontal :P) and Zhulin can do that, I think.

HisWeirness
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
But I am so happy to see more couples going to Zhulin. The programs from the Azerbajanis this season were my highlight. The Junior Worlds program from I/K were stunning. He has great and voidy ideas and I cannot wait to see it all.

But the combination from Zhulin (voidy) an B/S (dry as rice) is weird. I wonder who will prevail. ;)
Same here. I still have hope for B/S since they were able to pull off that fun Russian sailors OD...:D

Ziggy
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Same here. I still have hope for B/S since they were able to pull off that fun Russian sailors OD...:D

Epic program. :D

But I also loved their Chess SD. It was simple but suited their style very well.

shah
04-26-2012, 12:08 AM
I think it's a good move on B/S side. I'm also glad they are aware of their flaws and are going to start from scratch. I really like this team and it was sad for me to see their technical regress (and Kustarova's constant whining about unjustified and unfounded low levels - oh well...).
if only I/K stayed with Zhulin...

as for Kustarova/Alexeeva - if the rumours about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are true, it will truly be a disaster for them. first Monko/Khaliavin, now B/S, soon (hopefully) S/Z. at least they still have Yanovskaia/Mozgov (who are turned into Bobrova/Soloviev clones...).

shah
04-26-2012, 12:09 AM

But I also loved their Chess SD. It was simple but suited their style very well.

their best programmes!

otoh, they had 'Delilah' and a free dance to Il Divo's 'Adagio' :scream:

Macassar88
04-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Yes I liked that too.

BittyBug
04-26-2012, 01:16 AM
otoh, they had 'Delilah'I really liked that OD. :slinkaway

Cherub721
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
as for Kustarova/Alexeeva - if the rumours about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are true, it will truly be a disaster for them. first Monko/Khaliavin, now B/S, soon (hopefully) S/Z. at least they still have Yanovskaia/Mozgov (who are turned into Bobrova/Soloviev clones...).

Kind of like Svinin & Zhuk... K&N split, Rubleva/Shefer retired, Pushgash/Guerreiro went to Linichuk, so now they just have Starygina/Volobiev and Stepanova/Bukin (according to wiki anyway). And frankly I thought they were much better coaches/more creative than Kustarova/Alexeeva. :shuffle:

MarieM
04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Russian ice dance is looking like the Hunger Games of ice dancing :lol:

Finnice
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Yes, they were so fresh then! Like a good risotto, not dry rice to which Hedwig compared them.

love_skate2011
04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
The user on the Russian forum, who poster the news about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, has proved to be very unreliable in the past. Hardly any of his 'news' turned out to be true.

well that could still be true
everyone doubted B/S leaving Kustarova

I am sure sooner or later S/Z will also leave them :shuffle:

kwanfan1818
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I <3 Svinin and Zhuk.