PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68

love_skate2011
09-12-2012, 08:10 PM
behold the Holy Names !

Tarasova/Morozov :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d9Zg0NWkuA&feature=plcp

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Tarasova & Morozov LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d9Zg0NWkuA&feature=plcp

I've never seen their skating before, but I just had to post their program because of their names. :)

love_skate2011
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM

I've never seen their skating before, but I just had to post their program because of their names. :)

I found their names on ISU JGP
they will debut in JGP Croatia pairs and represent Russia with teammates Davankova/Deputat :)

Lis
09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Love Stolbova & Klimov's program too but excuse me for asking but where is V/T ? are they not there?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-12-2012, 08:17 PM
they will debut in JGP Croatia pairs and represent Russia with teammates Davankova/Deputat :)

Thanks for the info.

I quite like them. They have the jumps and everything else looks good too. Well there was that aborted lift, but other than that, very good.

Oh Russian pairs. They just draw me into fandom like no one else.

Jemestone
09-12-2012, 08:18 PM
V/T will only be there Saturday and Sunday.

Cherub721
09-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Great team (D&D are awesome as well). Tarasova/Morozov remind me a bit of Totmianina/Marinin. They have so much potential... basics, extension, expression, musicality, jumps, and big 2twist.

lauravvv
09-12-2012, 08:19 PM
B&S Free dance (http://youtu.be/5TArHpBcYkg)
Earned a 92.94Thanks. This is the only one that I've watched so far. Can't say that I don't like it, but they really are slow, and, for me, that spoils the impression more that Bobrova's still not ideal posture. As for the music - I like all of it, but I agree that together it's a mix that's voidy at best, strange at worst.

Still, I agree with martyross that the expectations were/are too high. It's impossible to do wonders and correct everything in one season. Besides, most people here seem to not understand that Zhulin is not choreographing everything by himself. He works with other choreographers most of the time - this season he apparently collaborated with Pethukov (who choreographed for Denkova/Staviski and Domnina/Shabalin before they went to Linichuk).

Jemestone
09-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Bariev's Short program (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfBX3uTPUbw&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Vash01
09-12-2012, 08:34 PM

So far I have watched this, M&R and Stolbova-Klimov.

I liked all three. Last year I did not like S&K at all. They look much improved, even though she fell on the sbs jump.

M&R still look shaky, though I love the look. She landed her jump and throw but he had a problem.

Tarasova-Morozov (first I thought- this can't be real :lol:): really liked them, inspite of the problem on on the lift. Russia has much to look forward to in 2018, with T&M and D&D.

In 2014 the only pair with OGM potential is V&T. I hope this does not put undue pressure on them.

I am loving all these YT's from the test skate. I can only watch a few at work (I am on my lunch break right now).

Thanks to all who posted.

babayaga
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I see I am in minority here but I absolutely loved the direction Bobrova/Soloviev took with Zhulin. They are slower than before but probably because she is learning to skate with straight back now.

I think the dance is very interesting. It doesn't remind me of last year's Zlobina/Sytnikov dance at all (which I also loved), the only similarity I see is that both are contemporary.
For me, this is definitely a breath of fresh air out of all other dances done to safe, familiar music with safe, familiar choreography. I am going to enjoy it every time they perform it this year.

Ladida
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
What about Stepanova/Bukin? Are they there or not?

love_skate2011
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
So far I have watched this, M&R and Stolbova-Klimov.

Tarasova-Morozov (first I thought- this can't be real :lol:): really liked them, inspite of the problem on on the lift. Russia has much to look forward to in 2018, with T&M and D&D.

In 2014 the only pair with OGM potential is V&T. I hope this does not put undue pressure on them.

I think S/K can medal in OG ( Kavaguti/Smirnov have the Pang/Tong syndrome, they are aging ), they can also pass Bazarova/Larionov
this season if they really do well, with good programs and already can out-jump Bazarova/Larionov :rofl:

2018 is a long way, but I hope the younger pairs like Martiusheva/Rogonov, Davankova/Deputat and Tarasova/Morozov will stick around

Vash01
09-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Are B&L at the test skate?

Is there any news of Lubov Iliushechkina (my favorite pairs skater) with her new French partner? How are they doing? I was so sad when she and Nodari split. They were my favorite young pair. Nice to see some other young pairs. I hope they will develop into something special..Right now it looks like it could be Stolbova-Klimov.

I would still like to see Yuko & Sasha win a world title- may be in 2014 (if the Olympic champions are a no show)?

shah
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
so far the highlights for me are:

*Stolbova/Klimov - whee, what a voidy sp! they have a very attractive choreography, distribute the elements in a less typical way, use interesting music. I absolutely adore the ending. learn that triple twist and conquer the events you enter :P.
*Martiusheva/Rogonov - call me an uber :P. if only their jumps were secure...
*Makarova - these three minutes may develop nicely into a full-fledged free!
*Leonova - again, a free with a potential. already much better than Barber mixed with RFAD.
*Pushkash/Guerreiro - so typically Morozovian, but still very decent.
*Starygina/Volobuev - effective and energetic. their costumes seem strangely familiar. didn't La Khokh and partner wear it once?

disappointments:
*R/T - indeed, funeral free again, even one of the lifts is taken from their last year's free dance. very unoriginal choice of music, costumes less than uncreative, generic choreo. boo, black mark of TAT in full force :(...
*B/S - oh dear, these music cuts. Tosca, Marton's screechy violins and The Man with the Harmonica - wtf? I liked their costumes, though. and her hair.
*Kav/Smir - recycling of the Olympic free. I hate Blue Danube and am not a great fan of using the same music twice (with certain exceptions - K/S's Clair de Lune was charming), so I won't warm to this programme...
*Biryukova - eh, it's hard to be a fan of a headcase...