PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Lis
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Lis, it is not about how her program looks, (we would make allowances for the fact that the senior season hasn't started), but it is about how her program sounds!
Well that is what I meant , it IS a relief to hear something else than "violin music" in the ladies choses of music.I kind of fall asleep often during ladies FP.:DCant wait till I see this in Oberstdorf and then compare it at Euros (if she gets to go) and see how much it has changed into a program.About missing jumps ...they all do in the beginning of the season,young and growing or "old" and not growing ,so give Adelina a break !;)

hanca
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Well, you now won't fall asleep now for sure. I am not sure if swapping violin music for female wailing is a positive change, but maybe, if they realise half-way through season that the program doesn't work, they could record for her instrumental version of the same and that would be a major improvement.

love_skate2011
09-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Sotnikova's FS is almost as bad/funny as Makarova's FS from last season...erm :slinkaway. I can't see her medaling at Euros or Worlds with that piece of sh*t program, a
exactly :scream:

rfisher
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Since when do judges determine who wins based on the music choice? :lol: Makarova didn't lose because of her music. She lost because she didn't land the jumps. Everybody hated Leonova's music, but she delivered when it counted and did pretty well over all. Personally, I think it's better to see an actual competition before determining who will win or lose at Worlds or Europeans. Especially, based on a pre-season test skate.

babayaga
09-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Since when do judges determine who wins based on the music choice? :lol: Makarova didn't lose because of her music. She lost because she didn't land the jumps. Everybody hated Leonova's music, but she delivered when it counted and did pretty well over all. Personally, I think it's better to see an actual competition before determining who will win or lose at Worlds or Europeans. Especially, based on a pre-season test skate.

Exactly, thank you. It's strange to see people start distributing medals based on that they don't like the music. :rolleyes:

pinky166
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Fair point but bad music/program composition/costuming/packaging can certainly hurt your chances...I don't see how dressing Adelina up like a floozy flapper and have her dance around to bluesy Christina Aguleira wailing "music" is going to help pack the punch that she is the real deal, a senior lady, and serious contender for Olympic medals heading into Sochi...instead makes her look like a trashy 16 year old girl in a jazz recital. :blah: waste of her talent, for sure.

kirkbiggestfan
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
At least, Tarassova tried something somewhat new with a pop singer. She is going to be criticized for the bad music cuts and bad choreography and Adelina will skate to oversued ballet music next year!
There is nothing trashy in the costume or choreography. We have had tons of similar Chicago programs in the past and they were well received by the judges.

Moka-Ananas
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
What an epic fail.

That's all I have to say about that.

Cherub721
09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
There is nothing trashy in the costume or choreography. We have had tons of similar Chicago programs in the past and they were well received by the judges.

Agreed. The program just needs a few tweaks - whether it actually gets the needed tweaks or not will be the question. It's not unsalvageable at all. The concept is fine.

love_skate2011
09-06-2012, 04:27 PM

yes but bad music pretty much when you fail the jumps you have nothing to salvage on , Makarova's LP was a disater like this one and I'm not sure this will help Adelina's PCS too..

morqet
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
It's not even the start of the season yet. Jesus. She'll be getting feedback from this event, feedback from the open test skates next week, feedback from Nebelhorn... there's still a long way to go before the first GP, let alone Euros or Worlds.

love_skate2011
09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
speaking of test skates this girl won the competition Adelina had tried her new programs at Moscow Championships:

her name is Julia Lee and is coached by Eteri Tutberidze
so after Evgenia Medvedeva we will have Julia Lee ?

I think she has great potential that opening 2A-3T was really nice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZaTeaWRjI&feature=plcp

hanca
09-06-2012, 05:28 PM

I don't think we are worried that she won't medal because of her music. I think we are worried that we will have to listen to it again and again...

Macassar88
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
speaking of test skates this girl won the competition Adelina had tried her new programs at Moscow Championships:

her name is Julia Lee and is coached by Eteri Tutberidze
so after Evgenia Medvedeva we will have Julia Lee ?

I think she has great potential that opening 2A-3T was really nice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZaTeaWRjI&feature=plcp

ANd she attempted a Rippon Lutz!

Lara
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe I should wait for the GP before seeing Adelina's free so as to hopefully get a better first impression. :yikes: That's the danger of summer comps after all...