PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
09-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I don´t agree at all with the complaints over Sotnikovas LP !
I think it really looks promising and it is also a relief she is not skating to violin music which the ladies tend to do a little too much.In the beginning of the season most programs also tend to look like they lack choreo but wait and see...

honestly, the Paganini LP that she had in juniors was 10x better than that.. she was elegant and already expressive then, and i liked the way the virtuosism of the violin matched the virtuosism of her skating as a "baby prodigy".. i was expecting that, with her growing up, Tarasova would have been able to give her even better programs... instead, things has been going downhill.. not that i care of placements and Olympic stuff, but at this point I think that Liza T. is the "chosen" one, because her coach is smart and knows what it takes to win nowadays. i can't see Adelina's PCS going up with that LP, in all departments.
it seems to me that Tarasova is simply tired to make choreographies (see Asada's programs as well) but goes on to make a living.

ali_dorate
09-05-2012, 10:40 PM
This is the EX version of "Burlesque" Adelina performed at "The Ice" in Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3Np-yVnq4

It's so gorgeous. Crowd wowed and really loved that program.
Maybe because of the music cut or because of her tense LP version is not so attractive as the EX version so far. But it may develop. We'll see.

rares_tudy
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I miss this Adelina so much!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QcxMHRtM38&feature=related
This program was a masterpiece from the choreography to the music..all was just perfect!<3

Domshabfan
09-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Tarasova/Morozov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQgctKmMmM&feature=plcp) skating pairs ;), what a combo. They have huge potential, they already have a huge name.

Sylvia
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Tarasova/Morozov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQgctKmMmM&feature=plcp) skating pairs ;), what a combo. They have huge potential, they already have a huge name.
Thanks! Evgania TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV are scheduled to make their JGP debut at the 6th JGP in Croatia. Are there any official results for this week's Moscow Open Championships? I've started a new season thread for Russian competitions in the Kiss and Cry and have posted a link to that person's Moscow Open videos: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84863

TAHbKA
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Mental note: not to forget my ear plugs when going to the competitions with Sotnikova this season. Right....

babayaga
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
honestly, the Paganini LP that she had in juniors was 10x better than that.. she was elegant and already expressive then, and i liked the way the virtuosism of the violin matched the virtuosism of her skating as a "baby prodigy".. i was expecting that, with her growing up, Tarasova would have been able to give her even better programs... instead, things has been going downhill.. not that i care of placements and Olympic stuff, but at this point I think that Liza T. is the "chosen" one, because her coach is smart and knows what it takes to win nowadays. i can't see Adelina's PCS going up with that LP, in all departments.
it seems to me that Tarasova is simply tired to make choreographies (see Asada's programs as well) but goes on to make a living.

I did like last year's short to Bolero a lot. It looked like a one of a kind program that was made specifically for Adelina to highlight her powerful and at the same time elegant skating. I'm not sure what to think about this LP. Maybe with landed jumps it will look better, at least I hope so. Also, I think I read somewhere that Tarasova choreographed Adelina's SP this year, but someone else did the LP.

Macassar88
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
I did like last year's short to Bolero a lot. It looked like a one of a kind program that was made specifically for Adelina to highlight her powerful and at the same time elegant skating. I'm not sure what to think about this LP. Maybe with landed jumps it will look better, at least I hope so. Also, I think I read somewhere that Tarasova choreographed Adelina's SP this year, but someone else did the LP.

That someone else should be drawn and quartered
I with my extensive zero hours of choreography teaching/practice could have came up with a better idea.

Cherub721
09-06-2012, 01:51 AM
I don´t agree at all with the complaints over Sotnikovas LP !
I think it really looks promising and it is also a relief she is not skating to violin music which the ladies tend to do a little too much.In the beginning of the season most programs also tend to look like they lack choreo but wait and see...

I didn't think it was that bad either. I like it better than the SP (too generic).

I hate the Christina Aguilera wailing, but it's different, and I can see why she thought it was creative. It would be a really simple fix to make some edits to the music and turn it into something great, but then again that's what I said about Makarova last season, and it never happened.

The spins were pretty bad - maybe it's an early season thing. But I really like the style of the program. The dress is gorgeous, and she looks so much more mature, which is important for her potential first Worlds. It's something refreshing compared to the usual classical stuff.

pinky166
09-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Sotnikova's FS is almost as bad/funny as Makarova's FS from last season...erm :slinkaway. I can't see her medaling at Euros or Worlds with that piece of sh*t program, and the SP isn't great either, kinda boring, bland, generic spanish piece of music. Plus the flapper dress looks like a cheap halloween costume :shuffle:. Also what happened to her jumps and spins? Let's hope it's something along the lines of she didn't get to properly warm up or something, but the jumps she did land were nice and her spins are usually good too so I'm a little :confused: by it all.

The SP I can live with, but hopefully she gets bad feedback from the judges this fall on the FS and she scraps it and gets a new one before Nationals and hopefully Euros/Worlds.

casken
09-06-2012, 04:47 AM

Ah! I've never seen theme before. They do have good potential! :kickass:

I actually quite liked Sotnikova's sp. I didn't mind the first half of the LP, but hated the second half. Maybe it could be saved. :shuffle:

Are Bobrova & Soloviev due to debut their FD in public soon, or has it happened and there is no video?

caseyedwards
09-06-2012, 04:49 AM
I think Sotnikova displayed more expression than she ever has before in that LP. Seemed like last season there was always a stone face. It just has to be made better and more cohesive.

martyross
09-06-2012, 05:42 AM
I think Sotnikova displayed more expression than she ever has before in that LP. Seemed like last season there was always a stone face. It just has to be made better and more cohesive.

the problem is not her.. she's beautiful to watch. its the music that ruins everything, its not apt for a competětion. it even sounds kind of cheap. im stunned that her team didnt realize this.

equatorial
09-06-2012, 07:18 AM
If anyone needs to go to Orser pronto, it's Adelina.

Hanna
09-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Interesting FP for Adelina. :shuffle: The thing that I was most disappointed with was the absolute lack of any kind of choreography in the program. :confused: I wouldn't want to have my name attached next to that crap. The only enjoyable part of the program was the step sequence, which was the only time that there WAS some choreography to speak of and Adelina also attacked it well (although it does kinda give you more of an exhibition vibe). But other than that, :yikes:. I wasn't even really bothered by the music, at least it was a new approach for her. The lack of (other than technical) content was worse.