PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Vash01
08-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

I hope this is just a minor injury.

That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.

love_skate2011
08-24-2012, 06:27 PM
That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.

I hope not, she still has a month and a couple of weeks before the start of her 1st GP assignment. thought yes I always get scared when I see a "Ligament" sort of injury even if it is called a minor type.

Maofan7
08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Liza cancelled the ice show "Fantasy on Ice 2012" to be held on 1st September in Japan due to "an injury to a ligament in her right knee".
The announcement also says she will reqire two weeks of treatment and rest.

I hope this is just a minor injury.

Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.

BittyBug
08-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Any news about Makarova?

doctor
08-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.
This is from the official website of Fantasy on Ice.
http://www.fukui-tv.co.jp/event/fantasy_ice/cast.html

Glacier cat
08-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Really!? :wall: I just wish her knee will be ok asap :wuzrobbed

Macassar88
08-29-2012, 03:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.

caseyedwards
08-29-2012, 04:32 AM
I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.

Macassar88
08-29-2012, 04:34 AM
I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.
Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.

caseyedwards
08-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.

I basically agree. This is not a good preview of the Zhulin groups work. Hopefully everything goes up from that.

kwanfan1818
08-29-2012, 05:07 AM
I really like the entrances into the dance spin and the twizzles. She has lovely posture.

TAHbKA
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
not translating everything, just the main points

Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev' (http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4915.html)

Zhulin says all the Russian leading pairs, inc. Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin improved a lot;
Zhulin choreographed all 4 programmes for those 2 pairs. They used an unusual, yet well known music.
His pairs were more criticized than praised in the test skates. The juniors dance - blues is a bit boring as it is, and it's hard to make it interesting. Zhulin finds it rather hard working with the juniors because they don't understand the goals and think if they joined Zhulin/Volkov group everything will miraculously work out. They don't realize they have to work hard and he is not too satisfied with his junior pair. They progressed ,but not as much as Zhulin would want them to. He is very satisfied with the seniors: they are open to any suggestion and willing to work hard.
According to Zhulin he finds the juniors logic buggling: they think the coach needs their work more than they do, that the coaches will do all the work and such difference in approach saddens him
Bob/Sol's skating was changed a lot. So did their goals and motivation. Zhulin is satisfied with the process.
They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.

Cherub721
08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.

Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?

Macassar88
08-29-2012, 05:16 PM

The FD is to cats. The costumes are atrocious and make them both look bad. The program itself is really boring with ugly positions in lifts and spins. The music itself is pretty boring as well and they could have come up with much better cuts from cats.

hanca
08-29-2012, 05:27 PM

You have to see it, it is not possible to describe THAT. The costumes seems to prevent having any nice lines, the music is sort of....boring... Though they have done surprisingly well, considering what they have to skate to.

On the other hand, we can hope that he gave his junior pair this because he was keeping 'the proper stuff' for his senior couples. :)