PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

love_skate2011
04-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Svetlana Veretennikova: “Tuktamisheva is a skater, coach and choreographer”

Svetlana Veretennikova, one of the coaches of Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, told that it is easy to work with her student. She also shared plans for the next season.

“Lisa is a very capable, hardworking, musical and intelligent person. She’s also very judicious, despite her young age,” said Veretennikova to Krasnoe Znamya newspaper. “In my opinion, these are her main distinguishing qualities. She takes an active part in creation of her programs and can perfectly work in a team. She is a skater, coach and choreographer for herself. “ she continued.

“At the same time Elizaveta is a simple and interesting girl. It is easy to work with her, she knows what she wants from figure skating, sees the goal and is constantly busy with something: trainings, study, recreation and so on. She has a serious intention to achieve great victories.” coach noted.

“At the next season we will present an absolutely new program, in all respects. Skating judges didn’t include any skater in the number of potential “stars” with an old program, even with outstanding one. Of course, at the moment we can’t disclose the secrets of Liza’s new programs. I can only say that it will be something unexpected.” she added.

http://fskating.com/2012/04/svetlana-veretennikova-tuktamisheva-is-a-skater-coach-and-choreographer.html

Its been a while since I've seen Tuk skated
can't wait to see her and what programs she has next season ;)
I hope she keeps working with Lambiel

Macassar88
04-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the article. It was very interesting. Hopefully unexpected is more than a Mishin skater not using a tango...
I'm also really excited to see her jump content next year. I know that she's working on getting the triple axel into her programs. Hopefully she can have consistency with it as replacing a double axel with a triple axel gives her 5 points in base tech value. Also I hope she can get her triple flip back as she missed it a few times during the season.

DaiKozOda
04-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the article. Good to know that Tuk is not afraid to try "the unexpected". Can't wait to see her new programs.

martyross
04-22-2012, 11:31 PM
That she is an interesting girl, one can see it in her skating (:

caseyedwards
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
The 3flip for some reason is a bother to a lot of Mishin students. At the open as a improvised jump did a 3S+3T and she can do 3lz+3T. The video of her 3A is pretty old now. It would be intersting to see it now. And when she skates again her ice coverage will be looked at.

Macassar88
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
The 3flip for some reason is a bother to a lot of Mishin students. At the open as a improvised jump did a 3S+3T and she can do 3lz+3T. The video of her 3A is pretty old now. It would be intersting to see it now. And when she skates again her ice coverage will be looked at.

She's mentioned that she will be spending a lot of time over the off season working on ice coverage and better presentation as well as the 3A. Hopefully we'll see better spin positions too.

aka_gerbil
04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
It was an eville thing that U&Z broke up :wuzrobbed:

:wuzrobbed: I know. If they'd stayed together, I think sooner or later injuries would have gotten them, but at least we'd have had a few more programs and performances.

This is sad, but I'll sometimes hear a piece of music and think what a great job they'd have done with it.

aka_gerbil
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I remember Zhulin stating in an interview how disappointed he was not winning OG in 1994 and how important it was to him that Tanja Navka / Roman Kostomarov could make it. At least as a coach he won a gold medal. However, I always felt that it was partly caused by all that personal mess around Zhulin what prevented U/Z winning the gold in 1994. It certainly didnít help their preparation for upcoming competitions nor with support of their own federation. Surprisingly while I loved Gishuk / Platov as well, their 1992 FD was one of their programme I enjoyed least. :shuffle:

I know I've read somewhere that Zhulin also had a fairly bad groin injury that year and they couldn't train fully. The Russian Fed wanted them to come for nationals that year, but they weren't ready and didn't go... The marital problems may have factored in, but I have a feeling that injury and politics were the biggest factors.

martyross
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Zhulin also said that in 1994 they were tired to train and just wanted to win the Olys and then quit.

michaelfsfan
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
"Four Seasons" were amazing, but I also love their 1991 FD. So deliciously weird and gorgeous.
http://youtu.be/94PMD_1zmNU

I would have had both U/Z and K/P above D/D that year. :mitchell:

U/Z's 'Blues for Klook' FD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxseLaxl61s) remains one of my favourite ice dancing performances of all time. :swoon: :inavoid: :smokin:

barbk
04-24-2012, 03:18 PM
U/Z's 'Blues for Klook' FD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxseLaxl61s) remains one of my favourite ice dancing performances of all time. :swoon: :inavoid: :smokin:

Probably my favorite ever routine in any discipline to "Blues for Klook" -- just stunning. And boy do they fly.

winterchik
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotza
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120415/591761386.html
It seems that both Soloviev and Zhulin dismissed the rumours.
I wonder what made Vaitchekhovskaya write that whole story in the first place
Give time for the MUD to settle down before the water becomes crystal clear
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mud is settle and the news will be out by end of week :scream:

Macassar88
04-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotza
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120415/591761386.html
It seems that both Soloviev and Zhulin dismissed the rumours.
I wonder what made Vaitchekhovskaya write that whole story in the first place
Give time for the MUD to settle down before the water becomes crystal clear
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mud is settle and the news will be out by end of week :scream:

Didn't they mention that we should check back on may first?

winterchik
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Didn't they mention that we should check back on may first?
Yes.......But My source tells me, Zhulin prepared his group for the arrival of B/S

Loves_Shizuka
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
What is U/Z's relationship like now?