PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
07-28-2012, 04:26 PM
the music for B/S is horrible
surely even S/Z can do better than this !

I liked it. I just think that it needs to be fleshed out more.
But it is much better than anything that Kustarova would give them and has more of a polka feel already than their SD last year had Latin feel at the end of the season. Also there are already more difficult transitions.

zotza
07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I guess the only way for B/S to be acceptable for some posters is if they stopped competing.:cool:

It looks good:watch:

iris81
07-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Also, do you mind if I post these on other forums to share?

It's not my video, I found links on russian forum, so you do not need my permission to repost links :)

Macassar88
07-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I guess the only way for B/S to be acceptable for some posters is if they stopped competing.:cool:

It looks good:watch:

I agree

I do have some criticisms though. I think that the lift would look better and go with the music better if they held they opening position for three seconds instead of doing the two positions with a transition between them.
Also, I'm worried that the midline steps won't be difficult enough. I'm not good at telling steps and judging whether steps will get levels or not, but the steps seem really simple and have that period where they are pushing off on the ice kind of skipping instead of doing an extra step.

It's not my video, I found links on russian forum, so you do not need my permission to repost links :)
Yeah I realized that when I checked the russian forums myself. Still thanks for reposting it here!

zotza
07-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I agree

I do have some criticisms though. I think that the lift would look better and go with the music better if they held they opening position for three seconds instead of doing the two positions with a transition between them.
Also, I'm worried that the midline steps won't be difficult enough. I'm not good at telling steps and judging whether steps will get levels or not, but the steps seem really simple and have that period where they are pushing off on the ice kind of skipping instead of doing an extra step.

Yeah..To me it looked as though the step sequence was a work in progress,as well as opening and ending positions who just aren't there yet.I guess nobody wants to show their cards that early in the season even if it was an open practice.

DaiKozOda
07-28-2012, 04:56 PM
B&S look promising. :)

nuge
07-28-2012, 05:10 PM
B&S look promising. :)

Yes it does .A strange ending but I thought the music in the second half was a nice contrast to the start :)
Hope they don't go too OTT with the costumes though.

Macassar88
07-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah..To me it looked as though the step sequence was a work in progress,as well as opening and ending positions who just aren't there yet.I guess nobody wants to show their cards that early in the season even if it was an open practice.

Yeah definitely. Although I hope that the beginning couple seconds involve skating instead of stationary dancing because that will get them better program components.
I have no doubt that Zhulin will continue to work their programs over the course of the summer and the actual season. I think that one possible reason for the easiness of the steps is that Zhulin wants them to maintain speed without sacrificing posture and realizes that it will take time for them to get used to his technique so he will add more difficult steps once the season gets closer.

Also, I agree that the ending is a little weird. But I think that will get fixed and that the area with the music change will get smoothed out as well.

Anyway, I think that if they keep improving at this rate, they may actually make the grand prix final. I doubt that they will do better than second in Skate America (most likely a third place finish) but if they have an amazing free they could upset Weaver and Poje. However, where they really need to deliver is Cup of China where they tend to get their best scores. I think that they could potentially win Cup of China if they get their levels.

shan
07-28-2012, 05:43 PM
:cheer2: videos

iris81
07-28-2012, 06:03 PM
More videos :)
Elizaveta's "Love story": http://youtu.be/XcPdYsqIT_I
Artur Gachinsky (new exhibition program): http://youtu.be/6Vp2ZUQtulU

Macassar88
07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
I think that her love story SP suits her better than her harp one. That said, it is also an easier program because the music carries her more.
My one issue with the program is that there's no snowball throwing ;)

martyross
07-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Bobrova-Soloviev SD: http://youtu.be/qVBXbsaJ6Os

very good.
this couple is interesting and the program is refreshing and creative.
second part somehow reminded me of Harry Potter.

love_skate2011
07-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Elizaveta's "Love story": http://youtu.be/XcPdYsqIT_I

any reason Tuks ditching her opening 3lz-3t for a 3t-3t
well I understand this was just a gala so no need for the 3lz-3t of sort
so the fall was acceptable just needs better transitions and wow this will be amazing :swoon:

hanca
07-28-2012, 08:37 PM
any reason Tuks ditching her opening 3lz-3t for a 3t-3t
well I understand this was just a gala so no need for the 3lz-3t of sort
so the fall was acceptable just needs better transitions and wow this will be amazing :swoon:

That was not 3T-3T, it was 3S-3T. The season hasn't started yet and it is still quite a new program, so I wouldn't expect her to do her hardest jumps. I think she is brilliant that she went for any sort of triple-triple in July.

She seems to have more power and better coverage of the ice. She definitely improved during the summer.

Lyinna
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Artur Gachinsky (new exhibition program): http://youtu.be/6Vp2ZUQtulU

I love this exhibition! But it's sad how Gachinski always seems so disappointed when he's not perfect