PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Lol I just heard Artur Gachinski's free dance music on the radio.

Autumn_girl
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Maybe this is a good change for her. She has the jumps. She lacks in other areas. If she goes to the coach who was responsible for helping Occharova achieve her awesome voidyness and for Deeva's fantastic extension, then she might be just in the right hands.

Actually Deeva skates in Sokolovskaya's group only for 2-3 years and she already had the extension and skating skills when she came to her. And Deeva's previous coach is... Eteri Tutberidze ;) Sokolovskaya's girls usually show personality on ice and impress with their skating in the early age (Biktagirova, Ovcharova), but burn out pretty fast because of the injuries, puberty, etc. Maybe it's not a bad option for Polina because she will be 17 soon and still has her jumps, but moving to CSKA is not always a good idea if you look at skaters like Grigoriev.

Her former coach might be good for jumps but when I look at Julia's tone deafness and her complete inability to interpret a music I think that Polina's lack of polish and ompf might partly result from bad coaching
I don't know what you mean with "bad coaching". Tutberidze is one of the best novice and junior coaches in Russia. Julia, for example, came to her with doubles and 2A and got all of her triples in a year. Yes, Tutberidze's skaters don't have success in seniors yet, but she is a young coach and Shelepen is actually one of her first students, so... And I think she pays a lot of attention of her skater's weaknesses and works on it, Polina's and Julia's skating skills improved a lot last season.

Hedwig
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I am not very familiar with Tut eridze. I only know her two students Julia and Polina who both have IMO huge problems with the presentation (although Julia gets the marks but I found her presentation so far horrific and always off beat). therefore I assumed that the coach is not good in the presentation area. that is a bold assumption I know but as I only know her from her students

Ziggy
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Maybe this is a good change for her. She has the jumps. She lacks in other areas. If she goes to the coach who was responsible for helping Occharova achieve her awesome voidyness and for Deeva's fantastic extension, then she might be just in the right hands.

Her former coach might be good for jumps but when I look at Julia's tone deafness and her complete inability to interpret a music I think that Polina's lack of polish and ompf might partly result from bad coaching

Hmmm good points.

I hope that it works out this way for her.

I don't know what you mean with "bad coaching". Tutberidze is one of the best novice and junior coaches in Russia. Julia, for example, came to her with doubles and 2A and got all of her triples in a year. Yes, Tutberidze's skaters don't have success in seniors yet, but she is a young coach and Shelepen is actually one of her first students, so... And I think she pays a lot of attention of her skater's weaknesses and works on it, Polina's and Julia's skating skills improved a lot last season.

All of Tutberidze skaters that I've seen so far have been totally deaf to the music, though. :/

marii
07-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I heard from one of the skaters from CSKA, that Shelepen went to Vodorezova

love_skate2011
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I heard from one of the skaters from CSKA, that Shelepen went to Vodorezova

I think thats a better news for Shelepen :)
hopefully that means Tagaeva or Tarasova will choreograph her new programs
who was Shelepen's previous choreographer ? I know Julia is choreographed by Morozov

babayaga
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I think thats a better news for Shelepen :)
hopefully that means Tagaeva or Tarasova will choreograph her new programs
who was Shelepen's previous choreographer ? I know Julia is choreographed by Morozov

I think I heard last year's Polina's programs also were made by Morozov.

Marco
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Any news about Polina K?

l'etoile
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
According to ISU's profile page, Alex Zheleznikov and Igor Lutikov are listed as Polina S's choreographers. Previous or current, that I'm not sure.

ali_dorate
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
According to this page (FSKATE.RU),
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/76.html

Alex Zheleznikov and Igor Lutikov are listed as "Former Choreographers." Eteri Tutberidze is also named as "Former Coach."
But the name of her new coach is not in the list.

Wikipedia says Elena Vodorezova is her new coach.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Shelepen

hanca
07-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Any news about Iluschetchkina? Will she pursue the French guy, or will she give up on that if the Russian skating association won't release her?

l'etoile
07-15-2012, 05:34 PM
^^ I've been wondering about her, too. A sad situation but it seemed extremely unlikely that things would go her way.

parasolka
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
All of Tutberidze skaters that I've seen so far have been totally deaf to the music, though. :/

Have you seen this 12 year old skater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWriPD-MtCk&list=PL865896ADDF7A2EF1&index=75&feature=plpp_video

Do you think she is totally deaf to the music?

Hedwig
07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Have you seen this 12 year old skater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWriPD-MtCk&list=PL865896ADDF7A2EF1&index=75&feature=plpp_video

Do you think she is totally deaf to the music?

well. like Lipnitskaya she skates totally off beat and does not listen to the music. but she is 12 years old so that could also be competition novelty.
and she is a lovely skater all in all. if she gets more choreo training that could easily be redemmifined.

Macassar88
07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s31Vv2vkA38

OMG Bobrova's back is straight!!!!!
Zhulin is :kickass::kickass: