PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
07-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Anna Yanovskaia/Sergei Mozgov ( the mini bob/sol )

from fskate.ru by google translate

I thought that Sinitsina and Zhiganshin were the Bob/Sol clones?

love_skate2011
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM

no its Yanovskaia/Mozgov - they are packaged the same way as Bobrova/Soloviev by Kustarova and she has more ugly form

Ziggy
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM

No way, those two are quite expressive and dramatic actually. :)

viviabond
07-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Pairs:

Kristina Bogdanova/Andrei Kositsin
Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakraev
Camilla Gianetdinova/Ivan Bich - they are still together :cheer:
Valeria Grechukhina/Andrei Filonov
Vasilisa Davankova /Andrei Deputat :encore:
Anastasia Dolidze / Vadim Ivanov
Ekaterina Kulkina / Maxim Petukhov
Anastasia Ragozin/ Vladislav Perevatov
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
Tatiana Tudvaseva/ Sergei Lisev
Lina Fedorova / Maxim Miroshkin :)
Arina Chernyavskaya / Antonio Souza-Cordeiro ( mini Savchenko-Szolkowy guy is from Cuba )

from fskate.ru by google translate

Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakraev have great potential. They did well in Russia Junior. I also watch a video in youtube they did a qual twizzle in the ground. Vygalova is very tiny and her jumps are little bit weak.

FarFarAway
07-07-2012, 05:45 AM
she left Tutberidze ? :confused:

She did. The reason is unknown however, just rumours.

I see her soon going to Morozov and turning her into a Leonova/Miki Ando 2.0

:eek: No, thanks. ;) I think it's unkind to make her skate Morozov's favourite pirates. And making Miki Ando 2.0 out of Polina doesn't sound like an option.

love_skate2011
07-07-2012, 07:33 AM

:eek: No, thanks. ;) I think it's unkind to make her skate Morozov's favourite pirates. And making Miki Ando 2.0 out of Polina doesn't sound like an option.

I translated from fskate.ru and it says Tutberidze as Former Coach
she moved to CSKA but she is in limbo so who is her new coach ?
I dont think she has many options maybe with Volchkova

I may not like it but Morozov might focus more on Shelepens jumps, she has big jumps already and maybe she will turn more Perkly, lol

ali_dorate
07-07-2012, 07:54 AM

I'm surprised. Kind of shocking.
Tutberidze and Polina were like gentle mother and cute daughter.
To leave this coasch must have been big decision for Polina. I also saw Shelepen and Lipnitskaia were just like sisters but because Lipnitskaia has been received much attention, the Senior debut in the same season might be difficult to handle with for both the Coach and Polina.

I hope she'll find good practice environment in CSKA.

love_skate2011
07-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm surprised. Kind of shocking.
Tutberidze and Polina were like gentle mother and cute daughter.
To leave this coasch must have been big decision for Polina. I also saw Shelepen and Lipnitskaia were just like sisters but because Lipnitskaia has been received much attention, the Senior debut in the same season might be difficult to handle with for both the Coach and Polina.

I hope she'll find good practice environment in CSKA.

this is what Im thinking too. It might have been to much to handle with 2 students and Tutberidze's attention is divided and might focus more on Julia. so Shelepen figured its better to leave.

this is sad Shelepen and Julia look very close and are like sisters
now Julia's only other close teammate is Evgenia Medvedeva :wuzrobbed:
I hope Polina can find a great coach soon

Autumn_girl
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
It really is an unexpected news because Polina was with Tutberidze since she was 4 years old... If the rivalry with Lipnitskaya was the reason then I don't see how it can be different in CSKA. The best options there are Buyanova's and Goncharenko's groups, but Buyanova coaches Sotnikova and Goncharenko has Radionova. There are also Selitskaya and Sokolovskaya, but I don't think either is a good choice for Polina

Ziggy
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
It might have been to much to handle with 2 students

Tutberidze doesn't have "2 students", she coaches loads of skaters.

Yes Shelepen has been with her all her life but still, I am surprised that people are surprised.

A couple of seasons ago, Shelepen looked super promising and was supposed to be the next big thing.

Unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe it was the growth spurt, maybe there are other reasons.

But in a situation like this, I can totally understand why somebody could think that major changes are necessary.

pinky166
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM

I may not like it but Morozov might focus more on Shelepens jumps, she has big jumps already and maybe she will turn more Perkly, lol

Volchkova teaches at Moskvitch, not CSKA. Buianova is probably the most likely option, though CSKA is a big club with many coaches so who knows. I personally am not that surprised, Polina needs a lot of work on her basic skating to be competitive. Julia seemed to be Tutberizde's focus last season and it must have been hard for Polina to continually skate 7 triple long programs with two 3-3s and get beaten by such a huge margin by her 3 years younger teammate in her first season on JGP while Polina was in her 3rd. It has to be difficult. It also looked like Eteri mainly dealt with Julia and Shelepen was passed over to the assistant coach. With a different coach, Polina could be a star pupil, but this was no longer the case. Anyways, now is the best time to make a change as she makes her senior international debut this season.

alchemy void
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Not surprised. I think it's clear Lipnitskaya is the #1 priority for Tutberidze, which makes sense.

It was somewhat :rofl: and :yikes:at the JGPF, while Shelepen was skating, as soon as all of her jumps were done a minute into the program, Tutberidze immediately stopped watching and went to be with Lipnitskaya, who skated next.

Plus, she has been to Juniow Worlds three times and hasn't medalled yet. She doesn't seem to be very strong in high pressure situations.

Hopefully she can find more success with another coach! :cheer: As long as she doesn't go to Tchaikovskaya, that would be dreadful.

Cherub721
07-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Does Tchaikovskaya have any top students? I feel like I haven't heard anything about her in years!

love_skate2011
07-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Tutberidze doesn't have "2 students", she coaches loads of skaters.

Yes Shelepen has been with her all her life but still, I am surprised that people are surprised.

A couple of seasons ago, Shelepen looked super promising and was supposed to be the next big thing.

Unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe it was the growth spurt, maybe there are other reasons.

But in a situation like this, I can totally understand why somebody could think that major changes are necessary.

but Shelepen had a decent junior career, she is a two time JGPF silver medalist and many JGP gold medals. whatever made her switch coach, I think the permanent solution for Shelepen if she wants to continue skating Internationally would be to switch country, It would be a waste and other countries need skaters, I wish Belarus, Uzbekistan, Ukraine etc. would adopt her :wuzrobbed:

Autumn_girl
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Rumours say that Shelepen is with Buyanova now. Seems good to me, because with Buyanova and TAT who often helps this group Polina can improve her basics and get some polishing (even though I think she improved a lot last season already), but it's obvious she won't be her coach's number one priority since Sotnikova is in the same group