PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes. It's a shame. But I remember that Plushy asked Mishin to give his son lessons when the child was born. Of course Mishin agreed readily. :shuffle:

Poor situation has changed. I've read Plushy's ex wants her son to be a figure skater, because this child takes after his father and has the flexibility.

I can't imagine Mishin teaching Daddy and Me classes...

Domshabfan
06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I can't imagine Mishin teaching Daddy and Me classes...

:confused: bady plushy is Macassar88 :P

Macassar88
06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
:confused: bady plushy is Macassar88 :P

Lol it was supposed to be a play on "Mommy and Me" swimming classes. It's something that is pretty popular in the states.

Katarzyna
06-24-2012, 10:53 PM
In an interview I saw somewhere once, Plushy said it was because he thought figure skating was too hard and too lonely a life, and he didn't want that for his son.

:respec: for Plushy stating this way that figure skating is harder than ice hockey despite the common stereotype ranking it the other way round.

Regarding the lonely life Ė on the other hand without playing in a team you have more ways to individualistically express yourself and figure skaters certainly donít lack female attention compared to hockey players. ;) Women usually prefer men with teeth and noses that donít look theyíve been broken five times by body checks. :P

misskarne
06-25-2012, 02:48 AM
Poor situation has changed. I've read Plushy's ex wants her son to be a figure skater, because this child takes after his father and has the flexibility.

That's good to hear, I'm glad things are better in that department.

He's flexible like his daddy too? My goodness! :lol: Maybe he really is a clone!

Macassar88
06-25-2012, 02:49 AM
That's good to hear, I'm glad things are better in that department.

He's flexible like his daddy too? My goodness! :lol: Maybe he really is a clone!

Well if he isn't allowed to skate, I guess he'll become a ballroom dancer and only dance Tango!

kimkom
06-25-2012, 03:29 AM
......and figure skaters certainly don’t lack female attention compared to hockey players. ;) Women usually prefer men with teeth and noses that don’t look they’ve been broken five times by body checks. :P

It may be different in Russia, but there are countless women looking to land a sweaty, toothless, crooked-nosed hockey player in Canada. Most of them are young enough to be my son now, but I still thing they're :smokin:

kwanfan1818
06-25-2012, 03:37 AM
:respec: for Plushy stating this way that figure skating is harder than ice hockey despite the common stereotype ranking it the other way round.

This reminds me of BalletFleming's t-shirt, which reads, "If ballet was easy, it would be called football."

Glacier cat
06-25-2012, 05:05 AM
I don't remember what exactly Plushy spoke, but he was saying, like, he just wants his son to have fellows. Because to figure skater, success and failure, all on him(her)self. He doesn't want it to his child. I think it's natural as a parent :rolleyes: (Although if his son goes pro, situation could change :P )

Women usually prefer men with teeth and noses that don’t look they’ve been broken five times by body checks. :P
:lol: Exactly! However, prob Russian women prefer such a tough-guy.. :hat1:

Katarzyna
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Are there any news on the new programmes of the Russian ladies, i.e. Ksenia Makarova, Adelina Sotnikova or Polina Korobeinikova? :watch:

Flexibility? Did she try to bent Egorís legs back till he was abe to do a bielman like Plushy's Mom did. :yikes:
I hope the kid will be happy with whatever he does. Certainly itís not easy growing up when your dad is a superstar in sport. :plush:

This reminds me of BalletFleming's t-shirt, which reads, "If ballet was easy, it would be called football."
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sylvia
07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
New article on Elizaveta Tuktamisheva who is attending Mishin's summer camp in Pinzolo, Italy and working on new programs with Tom Dickson: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/tuktamyshevas-quest-for-perfection/

For this, she went to Toronto for two weeks in May to work with another famous choreographer, David Wilson. Tuktamisheva really enjoyed working with him.

“I think my (new) programs this year are more emotional,” the teenager stated. “I want to improve my skating skills and my spins and achieve more consistency in my jumps. There is no limit for perfection. There is nothing that you can’t improve. You have to work towards each element being perfect to the fingertips.”

However, although Tuktamisheva came back from Canada with two new programs, she is also working two other programs with Dickson in Pinzolo.

“I’m not a 100 percent sure yet about my short and long programs,” she shared. “I don’t have the final version yet. Basically I have two programs ready, but now Tom Dickson will choreograph another short and long program for me and we will decide later which ones we will use.”

This is not because she didn’t feel comfortable with Wilson’s programs.

“I really like these programs,” said Tuktamisheva. “It is Love Story and a beautiful gypsy program, but apparently Alexei Nikolaevitch (Mishin) wants to have more choice and that maybe I can develop even more. It is the right thing to do. I want to try different things.”

When the time comes to pick a program for competition, Tuktamisheva is involved in the decision.

“Of course I can say that I like this program more and feel it more,” she said. “We’ll sit together with my team, my coaches, and choreographers, and will discuss what is better. We will decide where the plusses and minuses are and decide together.”

Ziggy
07-01-2012, 04:29 PM
The answer is simple: Mishin will choose the program with less choreo. Or just take it all out and change the layout to jump > jump > jump > jump > jump > spin > spin > jump > jump > steps > spin :P
:EVILLE:

On a more serious note, Tuktamisheva seems to have the perfect champion's attitude. It's good to know her team seems to be aware of her weaknesses and is working on them (you'd take it for granted but with Mishin's emphasis on the jumps, you'd never know ;)).

Macassar88
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
The answer is simple: Mishin will choose the program with less choreo. Or just take it all out and change the layout to jump > jump > jump > jump > jump > spin > spin > jump > jump > steps > spin :P
:EVILLE:

On a more serious note, Tuktamisheva seems to have the perfect champion's attitude. It's good to know her team seems to be aware of her weaknesses and is working on them (you'd take it for granted but with Mishin's emphasis on the jumps, you'd never know ;)).
Maybe Mishin has realized that the no transition way of skating may end up with another Vancouver? Anyway, she definitely has the right attitude. Consistency with her other jumps comes before the triple axel. But I do think that she will put in the triple axel either this year or in 2013-2014.

Also, just a side note:
Someone from Golden Skate has been watching the Pinzolo practices almost every day and says that she has improved her speed and spins and is working on a bunch of new positions and combination spins.

Coco
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised two well known choreographers would put up with that. Speaks to her position as THE up and coming ladies skater, I guess.

MissIzzy
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm surprised two well known choreographers would put up with that. Speaks to her position as THE up and coming ladies skater, I guess.

I think Mishin spoke earlier about having multiple programs prepared for Artur G as well. Takahashi chose from three programs once too. It's not unheard of.