PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

lauravvv
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Also, I saw Anna Ovcharova today as she is taking part in the summer training camp IceDome in Oberstdorf, Germany. Anna has been training full-time with Peter Grütter in Geneva since the end of December. She is very happy there. When I asked her about representing Switzerland she answered "maybe".That seems like the only logical solution, if she ever wants to compete at international events.

I remember that she once said that her dream is to work with Stephane Lambiel. Maybe she can get her dream now - if not for this coming season (as he is choreographing for several other skaters already, and is having health problems as well), then probably for the next. Knowing as much about him as I do, it shouldn't be hard for her to talk him into it, while training at the same rink as him (in Geneva, not Oberstdorf, though) :).

Eislauffan
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Played by Edwin Marton, I presume?

No, sorry to tell you, it is not. I know how disappointed you'll be about that. :-D

The program looks promising, but obviously I only saw them working on the very first day on it. I think Kenji Miyamoto is a very talented choreographer and Evgeni Plushenko and Alexei Mishin are ready to try something new and different which is good to see.

But Evgeni still might also turn to yet another program. He did so in the past. He likes to have several options to choose from.

senorita
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
^Thanks for info, I hope he sticks to the original plan Camerlego for sp and Miyamoto for Lp!

*Congrats to the German team at Euro:)

npavel
06-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Played by Edwin Marton, I presume?

It should be meant for Opera on Ice in the Arena of Verona I think, so there is the whole Opera Orchestra of Verona playing this

YukiNieve
06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.allseason.ru/Gallerys/Gallery/style/5081

He is the image of his Dad...what an adorable smile.

-----

Here is a video of the runway walk.

Plushenko's son not only looks similar to his father, but also has similar character. Seems a very amiable, adorable child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhEpCS01nw&t=1m33s

These are two different boys - which one is his son? (though they are both good-looking! ;))

Glacier cat
06-23-2012, 03:32 AM
These are two different boys - which one is his son? (though they are both good-looking! ;))

This boy (leftmost) http://www.allseason.ru/Gallerys/Gallery/style/5081 isn't Plushy's son. His name is Alexander (Sasha) Korsuntsev. Plushy's son is the third picture from left. ;)

Glacier cat
06-23-2012, 03:33 AM
It should be meant for Opera on Ice in the Arena of Verona I think, so there is the whole Opera Orchestra of Verona playing this

Sounds great

YukiNieve
06-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Thank you, Glacier cat!

caseyedwards
06-23-2012, 04:58 AM
He has like a clone!!

kimkom
06-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Holy crap, he's a mini-Plushy! :eek:

I showed the picture to my Aunt, who is certainly not a hardcore fan, and she knew whose kid it was immediately!

BittyBug
06-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Nothing new here, but more press for Plushy. :plush:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120622&content_id=33731432&vkey=ice_news

Glacier cat
06-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Holy crap, he's a mini-Plushy! :eek:

I showed the picture to my Aunt, who is certainly not a hardcore fan, and she knew whose kid it was immediately!
Plushy was saying the same thing. Even if his son gets lost, anybody can see who his father is :lol:

Though this kid wants to be a figure skater like his father, he has been taking ice-hockey lessons at Plushy's home rink.

Katarzyna
06-24-2012, 01:24 AM
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120622/602188548.html

About Mishin's camp in Pinzolo: Kenji Miyamoto choreographs a new LP for Plushenko to Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet. Mishin says that Plushenko is completely healed. After that, Evgeni will be participating in some shows, and then in summer camp in Estonia.

Liza Tuktamysheva is also in Pinzolo, she prepares two new programs set by David Wilson.

Artur Gachinsky passed his final exams and is on his way to Italy as well. Mishin says that short program is ready, and they have several LP to choose from.
Thank you for the link and info quigie! I look forward to seeing Plushy finally skating healthy and full-fit again. :)

Though this kid wants to be a figure skater like his father, he has been taking ice-hockey lessons at Plushy's home rink.
As much as I once in my life enjoyed watching hockey at Worlds with the Russian Team playing so well, but no - please not another great Russian figure skater who wants his son to become a hockey player. :scream:

But the pic of Plushy’s son – I agree, you don’t need to have any hints who his dad it, it’s just so obvious. :lol:

misskarne
06-24-2012, 02:50 AM
As much as I once in my life enjoyed watching hockey at Worlds with the Russian Team playing so well, but no - please not another great Russian figure skater who wants his son to become a hockey player. :scream:

In an interview I saw somewhere once, Plushy said it was because he thought figure skating was too hard and too lonely a life, and he didn't want that for his son.

And I can't picture Yegor's mother being exactly pleased that he wants to skate...

Glacier cat
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
please not another great Russian figure skater who wants his son to become a hockey player. :scream:
Yes. It's a shame. But I remember that Plushy asked Mishin to give his son lessons when the child was born. Of course Mishin agreed readily. :shuffle:

I can't picture Yegor's mother being exactly pleased that he wants to skate...
Poor situation has changed. I've read Plushy's ex wants her son to be a figure skater, because this child takes after his father and has the flexibility.