PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Cherub721
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
? Do you mean Skate Canada in the last sentence, because B&S are already going to Skate America, where it will be easy to finish third, but hard to earn 2nd or 1st. And TEB has the same lineup at the top as Skate Canada.

Skate America - D&W, W&P, B&S
Skate Canada-V&M, C&L, and Gilles & Poirier, R&T-it's a shallow field
Cup of China-P&B, W&P, B&S
Cup of Russia-V&M, I&K, S&S
TEB-P&B, C&L, Gilles & Poirier, R&T again
NHK-D&W, I&K, S&S

It is pretty lopsided... looks like C&L will be in GPF unless they screw up bigtime. Interestingly though, if R&T do improve with Shpilband, I can see them getting two silvers and making GPF, but I&K and B&S getting two bronzes and not making it... would be interesting to see whom the Russian fed would back in that case.

One thing that makes this lineup really boring is that if you remove P&B, V&M, and D&W, you have the same dance teams competing in two events.... I'd rather they mixed it up.

Macassar88
05-22-2012, 11:54 PM
It is pretty lopsided... looks like C&L will be in GPF unless they screw up bigtime. Interestingly though, if R&T do improve with Shpilband, I can see them getting two silvers and making GPF, but I&K and B&S getting two bronzes and not making it... would be interesting to see whom the Russian fed would back in that case.

One thing that makes this lineup really boring is that if you remove P&B, V&M, and D&W, you have the same dance teams competing in two events.... I'd rather they mixed it up.

Aren't capellini and lanotte moving to zueva as well?

Cherub721
05-23-2012, 12:20 AM

I had not heard that. :eek:

zotza
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
I think Skate America and Cup of China are the hardest for the top 3.I wouldn't put Davis/White in the mix in SA,but in China I wouldn't count out a big battle between P/B,W/P,B/S.B/S won the SD at Euros even if they didn't have a top notch program.(I actually think her fall at Worlds will prove to be rather benieficiary long term) W/P train alongside P/B,came close enough and I'm sure they're hungry.
Of course all the B/S haters would love them to finish behind S/Z but I don't think they made the move to Zhulin in order to fight internally but rather finally reach the top 3 at Worlds.But again,if Kustarova is really powerful and vendictive who knows.Anyway,I have a good feeling about B/S and Zhulin especially in the psychological department.
For R/T,if things don't get better as far speed is concerned,and some other details,I wouldn't rule out their losing against G/P.And yes it feels so strange that G/P isn't about Grishuk/Platov.:rofl:
Generally,I think that we have to see the programs to understand the season't dynamics...

Macassar88
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I think Skate America and Cup of China are the hardest for the top 3.I wouldn't put Davis/White in the mix in SA,but in China I wouldn't count out a big battle between P/B,W/P,B/S.B/S won the SD at Euros even if they didn't have a top notch program.(I actually think her fall at Worlds will prove to be rather benieficiary long term) W/P train alongside P/B,came close enough and I'm sure they're hungry.
Of course all the B/S haters would love them to finish behind S/Z but I don't think they made the move to Zhulin in order to fight internally but rather finally reach the top 3 at Worlds.But again,if Kustarova is really powerful and vendictive who knows.Anyway,I have a good feeling about B/S and Zhulin especially in the psychological department.
For R/T,if things don't get better as far speed is concerned,and some other details,I wouldn't rule out their losing against G/P.And yes it feels so strange that G/P isn't about Grishuk/Platov.:rofl:
Generally,I think that we have to see the programs to understand the season't dynamics...

I don't think Kustarova is very powerful politically. Otherwise Bobrova and Soloviev would have gotten level 4's instead of level 2's. Anyway, Sinitsina and Zhiganshin moved as well if I remember correctly.

Macassar88
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I had not heard that. :eek:

I remember after worlds Capellini saying that she wanted to work with Zueva.

caseyedwards
05-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I

pushkash / guerreiro?

DORISPULASKI
05-23-2012, 03:32 AM
.Gilles.Poirier. Oh Canada.

caseyedwards
05-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Ooops!

love_skate2011
05-23-2012, 06:31 AM
I agree R/T have the luckiest draw of all the Russian Ice Dancers
If they do improve under Zueva with their levels. and taking 2 silver
they might get their ticket to their first GPF

Eislauffan
05-23-2012, 07:19 AM

They told me at World Team Trophy that they're going to Canton for summer training. But apparently it is not going to be a permanent move.

kwanfan1818
05-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm kind of worried about Bobrova and Soloviev during the gp season. They face off against weaver poje both times while facing off against Davis and white at skate America and Pechalat Bourzat and Sinitsina Zhiganshin at cup of china.
Every team except the top three have to face a top three couple, and it could have been worse: they could be competing against V/M instead of P/B. They might have fared better against C/L, who were almost ten points ahead of them at Nice, but that was Before Zhulin, but the only other option in 4-6 was I/K, and the Russian Fed clearly didn't want their top two teams at Rostelecom Cup when both have a shot at GPF.

Bad luck draw for Sinitsina/Zhiganhsin :(
I hope I don't jinx it
I'm not sure why: they could easily be in the middle of that field. They were going to have to compete against a Top 3 team, a 4-6 team, a 7-9 team, etc., no matter where they skate, and they get a home berth.

At that time, Nóra was still in Moscow, working at the same skating/snow-sports complex where Maks has been coaching kids. The salary potential/opportunities are better in Moscow, however, she would consider returning to Hungary if there is a good situation for her there.
Thank you so much for whole translations, sbanet. I thought she was coaching kids in Hungary, but obviously not.

misskarne
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Is anyone else having a :mad: at the fact that they've thrown Artur in at the deep end by putting him up against Chan in BOTH his events? Coz I sure am.

kwanfan1818
05-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Is anyone else having a :mad: at the fact that they've thrown Artur in at the deep end by putting him up against Chan in BOTH his events? Coz I sure am.
He had to compete against either Chan, Takahashi, or Hanyu at each. I don't think he'd do better against Takahashi, and I'm not sure it's in his best interest being compared to Hanyu, especially early in the season.

Rostelecom has the potentially deepest field, because in addition to a 1-3 skater, it's already got Brezina, Oda, Kozuka, Weir and Ten, and may have Plushenko by the Fall.

love_skate2011
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM

does it matter though ?
its not like he would have podium anyway :lol:
you're talking about a fluke world/european medalist here and never medaling at any other competitions even at his junior career !

Plushy is still russian men's main hope. :shuffle: