PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

hanca
05-20-2012, 10:15 AM
thanks! I don't like the way her coach speaks about her. After all Lyobov is only 15 years old. If she talks like that to the press, one can only wonder the way she talks to her pupils in private.

Lubov is 20 years old. She was born 5.11.1991, so this year she will be 21.
But I agree that how the coach talks about her is not right. If she speaks about her like that to other people, that begs question what was going on when there was no public present.

Hedwig
05-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Did she? So you diagnosed her, did you? :rolleyes: And how would you know if she was loosing weight because she has an eating disorder, or if she was loosing weight because she was too stressed to eat? All we know is that she was on the thin side, but we do not know what was the reason behind it.

We do know that Lubov thought that her trouble with jumps was that she was not thin enough and that she was trying to lose even more weight while the coach tried to get her to eat more.
For an outsider this certainly sounds worrisome but like you I would not like to call it an eating disorder right away because sometimes labelling might do more harm than good.

Jemestone
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
:rolleyes: back at you.

Not if they treated her badly. The post-split interview was certainly shocking. Not everyone who speaks out and claims that they have been mistreated are "just blaming" others.

This is a common reaction that rape victims get, btw. Instead of blaming the man, the girl is blamed ("what did she go out at night anyway"). In psychology it is called "terror management". - "If the victim herself is to blame then nothing can happen to me because I don't act as her ergo I am safe."

I don't pretend to know if she was mistreated also several signs point the way that something was majorly wrong in the last couple of years. But I don't like the blaming the party who opens their mouth to talk about the abuse.

:rolleyes:

Please link me the article where Lubov herself says she was abused. I would also like a link to Nodari's article of him explaining his side of the story. Without those, I refuse to place blame on anyone. For all we know Lubov could have been having problems at home that spilled over to the work place. At least with the rape victim we do hear her side of the story and then the guys defense, and then we can come to a conclusion based on what's presented. Here, where are such statements?? I'm sure one day it will come out and I refuse to place blame until then.

Sylvia
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
New Bobrova/Soloviev article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/05/bobrova-and-soloviev-a-new-beginning/

Even after just a short time with their new coaches, Bobrova and Soloviev are looking different, and this is exactly what Zhulin wants.

“When they asked me to take them, I hesitated and I was thinking about it for half a day. I like difficult tasks and so I agreed,” Zhulin said with a smile. “I think they have potential, but I want to change everything—their style, their costumes, and their hairstyles. It will be hard to do in one season, but we’ll try.”

“They have good basics and they are incredibly hard working,” Zhulin concluded. “My job is now to correct some technical aspects and give them this one million dollar look. I want them to change completely—just the names will be the same.”

This complete change also means a departure from the style of programs they have had in the past. Zhulin has already selected music for the free dance, however, he’s not ready to reveal it to the public yet. The skaters love it.

“We wanted to try something new,” said Soloviev. “When Sasha suggested this piece, we liked it right away. I think when you get goose bumps listening to it, then it is something that can work.”

caseyedwards
05-20-2012, 05:57 PM
B/S needs no more CuLi2, DiSt2 like in 2012 world free dance

Cherub721
05-20-2012, 06:14 PM
“When they asked me to take them, I hesitated and I was thinking about it for half a day. I like difficult tasks and so I agreed,” Zhulin said with a smile.

LMAO, not sure if he intended it to sound bad or not... :rofl:

B/S needs no more CuLi2, DiSt2 like in 2012 world free dance

Yes, at the end of the day, that's all that matters now in ice dance. They can dye their hair blue if they want, but they need to execute the elements.

I bet the new style will be some bluesy sexy crossovers thing like Parisienne Walkways or Pink Panther. :blah:

Eislauffan
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Deleted post

Hedwig
05-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I refuse to place blame until then.

aha, rolling your eyes at Lubov is not making a judgement then. Interesting.

BlueRidge
05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
LMAO, not sure if he intended it to sound bad or not... :rofl:

Yes, at the end of the day, that's all that matters now in ice dance. They can dye their hair blue if they want, but they need to execute the elements.

I bet the new style will be some bluesy sexy crossovers thing like Parisienne Walkways or Pink Panther. :blah:

ITA, their problem was not style, it was execution. Zhulin may help them with the execution and that's good, but making them into a completely different team by changing their appearance and style has nothing to do with improving them; its just vanity.

allezfred
05-20-2012, 08:01 PM
What would be the point of changing coaches and then keeping everything the same? :confused:

I'm looking forward to the Parisienne Walkways/Pink Panther free. :cheer: ;) It certainly can't be any worse to some of the shite they've skated to these past few seasons. :P

BlueRidge
05-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't see anyone saying they should keep everything the same. They need to improve their execution.

But if you want to think that all they need to do is cater to your pedestrian tastes, so be it. :P

Macassar88
05-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm really excited to see their new dances
Although I admit that I was a fan of their very Russian style with her elegant beauty.
I'm just glad that well never have to see another Delilah...

zotza
05-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I think that the execution problems came from the mere fact that probably they didn't even like what they were skating to.Of course,I can't wait to see what the next damage control strategy will be.Maybe they will be accused of being N/K now.It's ok,I loved N/K.:lol:

I love the russian style but the problem was that their coaches couldn't understand that they're 22 year old kids and even if you follow this style you have to highlight it in a more contemporary way.
Ok I'm excited.But it still seems surreal that Zhulin is their coach.:lol:

Eislauffan
05-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Zhulin also said that he will work with them on the technical aspects. He is well aware of them loosing levels. I liked Bobrova/Soloviev's "Melody of the White Nights" free dance but overall I felt they were always doing the same kind of program more or less. What Zhulin plans now is quite different. It looked very promising.

Jemestone
05-20-2012, 10:24 PM
What would be the point of changing coaches and then keeping everything the same? :confused:

I'm looking forward to the Parisienne Walkways/Pink Panther free. :cheer: ;) It certainly can't be any worse to some of the shite they've skated to these past few seasons. :P

:cheer2: I am so excited to see all the changes for all the Russian dance teams and I don't even like dance :rofl:!!!

Thanks for the article Sylvia!!!!