PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

hanca
05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
http://fs66.ru/news/2012-05-17/chempionka-universiady-edva-ne-pokonchila-s-soboj-i-prosit-francuzskoe-grazhdanstvo.html

It made Gorshkov change his personal attitude to the situation. RFSF is ready to offer Iliushechkina another partner (whose name is not known yet), and the famous coach Tamara Moskvina is willing to work with her. But Iliushechkina refuses all the offers and continues to train with the partner she found on the Internet. If she continues to decline all the offers from RFSF, Gorshkov is inclined to make her sit out two years and release her only after the Olympics.

"We don't want another Anissina", - explains the president of RFSF.

I thought they can't make her sit out two years. They can do only a year because only one of the partner's is changing the country (her new partner is French and they want to skate for France). Or am I mistaken?

Zemgirl
05-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I thought they can't make her sit out two years. They can do only a year because only one of the partner's is changing the country (her new partner is French and they want to skate for France). Or am I mistaken?
I believe that applies only if the federation is willing to release the skater (e.g. Tatiana Volosazhar's country switch). Actually, is there any way for a skater to change countries if the original federation makes it difficult? If not, I'd love for someone to take the matter up with CAS and see what they have to say about it.

France could certainly use a decent pair in Sochi, if only for the team event...

rfisher
05-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I believe that applies only if the federation is willing to release the skater (e.g. Tatiana Volosazhar's country switch). Actually, is there any way for a skater to change countries if the original federation makes it difficult? If not, I'd love for someone to take the matter up with CAS and see what they have to say about it.

France could certainly use a decent pair in Sochi, if only for the team event...

I don't want to sound unsympathetic to her, but since she has virtually no chance of making the Sochi team for Russia, regardless of who she skates with, and an excellent chance if she skates for France, I'm a little suspicious of these diaries being presented now rather than her Dad trying to intervene a couple of years ago. I hope she can be released and skate for France as I love her and would like to see her skate in Sochi. I doubt that's going to happen. :(

Eislauffan
05-19-2012, 04:18 PM
In any case it will be difficult for Lubov to skate for France in Sotchi. Even if the Russian Fed should go ahead an release her, she still would need to get French citizenship. I doubt that it can be processed so fast (she is not coming from an EU country).
I understand that the Russian Fed is not releasing her just like this (actually Skate Canada and US Figureskating are doing the same) after all that was put into her career. I completely understand Lubov, too, as the depth in Russian pairs makes it difficult to get through. For sure she was unhappy the last year and to me she looked anorexic. I talked to Natalia Pavlova about that last fall and she was very concerned as well.

FarFarAway
05-19-2012, 04:26 PM
:eek: What the hell is going on there?!

The fight for the Olympic Team, I presume. Anyway, I still feel very strong that in this exact conflict all the parties involved are guilty. I neither approve or disapprove of anyone.

Jemestone
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
The fight for the Olympic Team, I presume. Anyway, I still feel very strong that in this exact conflict all the parties involved are guilty. I neither approve or disapprove of anyone.

My feelings exactly. And to blame the coach and partner is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Ziggy
05-19-2012, 07:10 PM
It's very apparent that Lyubov has been suffering from some kind of eating disorder. :(

hanca
05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
It's very apparent that Lyubov has been suffering from some kind of eating disorder. :(

We don't know that! It is apparent that she was really unhappy, but she could have been loosing weight from the stress, not from the eating disorder. The news of eating disorder came actually from her coach in one interview. Considering how negative was her coach about her in the interviews, I think the eating disorder 'slip' was just a bitchiness from the coach; it may not necessary be based on the truth. I used to have quite high opinion about Pavlova based on the work she has done with both Illushetchkina and Martiusheva, but I have to say that I have lost this high opinion because of the interview after Lubov and Nodari split.

Hedwig
05-20-2012, 08:09 AM
My feelings exactly. And to blame the coach and partner is ridiculous :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: back at you.

Not if they treated her badly. The post-split interview was certainly shocking. Not everyone who speaks out and claims that they have been mistreated are "just blaming" others.

This is a common reaction that rape victims get, btw. Instead of blaming the man, the girl is blamed ("what did she go out at night anyway"). In psychology it is called "terror management". - "If the victim herself is to blame then nothing can happen to me because I don't act as her ergo I am safe."

I don't pretend to know if she was mistreated also several signs point the way that something was majorly wrong in the last couple of years. But I don't like the blaming the party who opens their mouth to talk about the abuse.

FarFarAway
05-20-2012, 08:55 AM
We don't know that! It is apparent that she was really unhappy, but she could have been loosing weight from the stress, not from the eating disorder. The news of eating disorder came actually from her coach in one interview. Considering how negative was her coach about her in the interviews, I think the eating disorder 'slip' was just a bitchiness from the coach; it may not necessary be based on the truth. I used to have quite high opinion about Pavlova based on the work she has done with both Illushetchkina and Martiusheva, but I have to say that I have lost this high opinion because of the interview after Lubov and Nodari split.

And we don't know this too;) In fact, we don't know much about the situation at all. I'd rather wait until they all are ready to talk about what happenned without any needless emotions. This will not be soon, but this will be sometime. Judging them at this point is extremely subjective anyway, since the parties involved are subjective too.

However, she did have a disorder, it was obvious and it was definitely an eating disorder but probably caused initially by some other disorder.

IceIceBaby
05-20-2012, 09:11 AM
The post-split interview was certainly shocking. Not everyone who speaks out and claims that they have been mistreated are "just blaming" others.

Does someone have a link to this interview?

kwanfan1818
05-20-2012, 09:38 AM
It was in the last "From Russia with Love" thread:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3515504&postcount=620

hanca
05-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Not if they treated her badly. The post-split interview was certainly shocking. Not everyone who speaks out and claims that they have been mistreated are "just blaming" others.

This is a common reaction that rape victims get, btw. Instead of blaming the man, the girl is blamed ("what did she go out at night anyway"). In psychology it is called "terror management". - "If the victim herself is to blame then nothing can happen to me because I don't act as her ergo I am safe."

I don't pretend to know if she was mistreated also several signs point the way that something was majorly wrong in the last couple of years. But I don't like the blaming the party who opens their mouth to talk about the abuse.

I agree.

hanca
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
However, she did have a disorder, it was obvious and it was definitely an eating disorder but probably caused initially by some other disorder.

Did she? So you diagnosed her, did you? :rolleyes: And how would you know if she was loosing weight because she has an eating disorder, or if she was loosing weight because she was too stressed to eat? All we know is that she was on the thin side, but we do not know what was the reason behind it.

IceIceBaby
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
It was in the last "From Russia with Love" thread:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3515504&postcount=620

thanks! I don't like the way her coach speaks about her. After all Lyobov is only 15 years old. If she talks like that to the press, one can only wonder the way she talks to her pupils in private.