PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

feraina
05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Looks like it might be Zijun Li.

Hmm, no, I don't think so...

Moka-Ananas
05-14-2012, 06:12 PM
When I spoke to Alexei Urmanov at the World Team Trophy, he talked about Gordei, but not about an imminent retirement. So I'm sure he continues. He is still young.
On the other hand I learned in Moscow that Stanislav Kovalev and Mark Shakhmatov were kicked out of Moskvitch Club because of their lack of results. Kovalev apparently plans to continue elsewhere, not sure about Shakhmatov.

well it's not exactly like Moskvitch has produced any good men lately :shuffle:

Katarzyna
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
My guesses for retirements: Borodulin, Tretiakov
Not Borodulin PLEAZZZZE! :wuzrobbed

On the other hand I learned in Moscow that Stanislav Kovalev and Mark Shakhmatov were kicked out of Moskvitch Club because of their lack of results. Kovalev apparently plans to continue elsewhere, not sure about Shakhmatov.
I'm so happy that I don't have to do this job for a living in Russia! Honestly, the way athletes are treated at times is :scream::scream::scream:

Moving on to more positive news, I posted this link at the Ksenia Makarova cheer thread:
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120426/593701494.html

Ksenia will have a new LP this season and it will be also choreographed by Ilia Averbukh. He was the choreographer of her SP in season 2011/12. I looks like she will keep her SP which IMHO is a great decision. :)

TAHbKA
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
From some not confirmed sources: VoloTran are in the USA to choreograph new programmes, Leonova stuck in Russia with some visa problems (probably not for long though)

DaiKozOda
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
From some not confirmed sources: VoloTran are in the USA to choreograph new programmes

According to Trankov's twitter it's true.

Eislauffan
05-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Volosozhar/Trankov left for the USA today, May 15, together with other members of Morozov's group. Volosozhar/Trankov will stay a week, then travel to China for a show and return to the USA. I think they'll be gone for a month. Aliona Leonova hopes to get her visa at the end of this week. These constant visa problems for athletes are annoying.

Coach Elena Vodorezova at CSKA Moscow confirmed to me today that Artem Grigoriev has retired from skating and wants to study. Artur Dmitriev jr was kicked out of the club and now apparently has joined Morozov's group.
Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova. Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.

kwanfan1818
05-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow.

I'm glad Maisuradze has a new partner. I think Dmitriev Jr. will like the international flavor of Morozov's group and working with skaters who aren't just his internal competition.

Hedwig
05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Coach Elena Vodorezova at CSKA Moscow confirmed to me today that Artem Grigoriev has retired from skating and wants to study. Artur Dmitriev jr was kicked out of the club and now apparently has joined Morozov's group.
Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova. Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.

Wow indeed. Lots of news.

How many partners did Bezmaternykh has had by now?

Sylvia
05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova.
Has she skated pairs previously or did she compete in singles?

Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.
Thanks for the updates! Here's the link to Petaikina/Kurdyukov's ISU bio (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012299.htm) (2nd at 2012 Russian Junior Nationals, 6th at 2012 Junior Worlds and 4th at the JGP Final) - she is 17 and he is 21.

Konstantin Bezmaternikh is 24 now and finished 11th of 12 Senior pairs at 2012 Russian Nationals with Oksana Nagalatiy. ETA: According to Bezmaternikh's wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Bezmaternikh), he skated with 2 partners -- Ksenia Krasilnikova (6 seasons from 2004-10) and Sabina Imaikina (1 season) -- before Nagalatiy (1 season).

Alexandra Vasilieva & Yuri Shevchuk competed on the JGP this past season and finished 7th at Russian Junior Nationals - link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012246.htm
Is Natalia Mytina new to pairs?

hanca
05-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know anything about Julia Antipova?

Macassar88
05-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Whenever I see Bezmaternykh's name, I think Berezhnaya for a split second before realizing that I keep reading her name wrong.

Eislauffan
05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know anything about Julia Antipova?

Natalia Pavlova told me that she is 15 years old and from Zelinograd (that's a city near Moscow). Julia is new to pairs. She and Nodari have been skating for two weeks but they are happy how it is going. I saw them doing overhead lifts (star lift, lasso lift), and they have started to work on the twist. The coach also said that Julia can do triples up to Lutz and triple-triple combos. I saw her landing a triple toe-triple toe sequence in practice. Nodari is very happy to skate with her. They hope to be ready for Nationals.

Natalia Mytina is a former single skater as well. I know that she was in Tchaikovskaia's school (coach E. Zhgun) and apparently before that she was in CSKA. She is pretty tall but so is Shevchuk. I think she is 18 years old.

And I forgot to tell you that another former single skater who wants to do pairs is in this group now, Alexander Stepanov. He trained in CSKA and then in St. Petersburg under Alexei Urmanov. Now he has returned to Moscow and is hoping to find a partner soon.

rfisher
05-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope this works out for Nodari. :)

I love Russian pairs.

hanca
05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Natalia Pavlova told me that she is 15 years old and from Zelinograd (that's a city near Moscow). Julia is new to pairs. She and Nodari have been skating for two weeks but they are happy how it is going. I saw them doing overhead lifts (star lift, lasso lift), and they have started to work on the twist. The coach also said that Julia can do triples up to Lutz and triple-triple combos. I saw her landing a triple toe-triple toe sequence in practice. Nodari is very happy to skate with her. They hope to be ready for Nationals.

Thank you very much for the news, Eislauffan! :)

That's interesting. If she was such a good skater (having all triples up to Lutz and triple-triple combos), why would she want to do pairs and not singles? In fact, having these jumps and yet she has not attended Russian championships in 2012 neither in seniors nor in juniors? (I haven't checked novice category, but if she is expected suddenly skate in seniors, I hope she wasn't in novice).

hanca
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
That's her.

http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/2057.html

Results (translated with Google, so not very good)

Season 2011/12
Cup final St. Petersburg 2012 - 3 (145.81)
Championship of Moscow (VZ) 2012 -8 KMS (127.93) (I think KMS means juniors)
Open Championship of Saint-Petersburg 2012 - 1 (138.18)
Christmas meeting 2011 -3 Cys (123.56)
2011 Panini N.a. Memorial - 6 (131.65)
(V) stage of the Russia Cup 2011 - 10 (127.71)
Mitchell A. Cup 2011 - 3 (129.31)
OPPPFFKM 2011 -3 Cys (119.29)
(I) stage of the Russia Cup 2011 - 9 (119.95)
Moscow open tournament 2011 -16 kms (106.95)